Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Guys, in the first few chats, what do you want to be asked? Do you find some women focus on some things too much or on other things not enough? wave

Dec 7th 2012 new

Great question Tara. Can you answer in-kind, what do you want to be asked, as well.

Here are my thoughts: keep it simple and light, a question or two about something stated in my profile (so that I know the woman has taken the time to read and contemplate that I'm someone she may want to get to know more).

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Guys, in the first few chats, what do you want to be asked? Do you find some women focus on some t...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Guys, in the first few chats, what do you want to be asked? Do you find some women focus on some things too much or on other things not enough?

--hide--

Indeed a good question. I guess for me I would want to be asked if I had pets, what I do for work, and how I came to be on Catholic Match. The deeper stuff should be reserved for a more face to face contact.

Dec 7th 2012 new

I like goofy icebreakers. I'm in the middle of a back and forth right now with someone about Ghostbusters.

Dec 7th 2012 new

keep it light with a note of sencerity

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Gary-918050 said: Great question Tara. Can you answer in-kind, what do you want to be asked, as well. Here ar...
(Quote) Gary-918050 said:

Great question Tara. Can you answer in-kind, what do you want to be asked, as well.

Here are my thoughts: keep it simple and light, a question or two about something stated in my profile (so that I know the woman has taken the time to read and contemplate that I'm someone she may want to get to know more).

--hide--

I'll answer for Gary. :-) I'm probably in the minority on this, but I have no problem diving into the serious topics right away. I have no secrets, and you can ask me anything. In fact, I would appreciate it because then it gives me the green light to ask the guy similar questions.

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Lisa-54615 said: I'll answer for Gary. :-) I'm probably in the minority on this, but I have no prob...
(Quote) Lisa-54615 said:

I'll answer for Gary. :-) I'm probably in the minority on this, but I have no problem diving into the serious topics right away. I have no secrets, and you can ask me anything. In fact, I would appreciate it because then it gives me the green light to ask the guy similar questions.

--hide--

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the reply - I like direct, to the point reponses. You replay confirms what I believe, we are all different and some may prefer a light initial note while others may want to get right to the more salient points up front. So, therefore the answer is "just be yourself." Then the pieces will fit together on their own.

Dec 8th 2012 new

lol... Varied answers... I was assuming that would happen. wink

I let him start asking the questions, and I used those to go from. In our first chat, he asked me how long I've been single, how I chose my profession, and what I thought makes a good Catholic marriage. I asked him about being single, then in our second chat, I asked him what he thinks makes a good Catholic marriage. I was fine in answering those questions, and I was glad he was asking more "serious" ones. In the second chat, he asked me about dealbreakers (I asked him the same). We also discussed family, in addition to friends and their views on faith. I've been very comfortable in what he has been asking. I'd much rather him ask these questions than superficial ones, but I'll throw out some less serious ones next time. lol We'll see what he asks.

Thanks, guys!

Posts 1 - 8 of 8