Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

Dec 5th 2012 new
The main difference between ancient paganism and apostate modern paganism is the latter has sprung from the rotting corpse of a weak and superficial Christianity.

It's time Catholics wake up and realize that it is up to them to stop tolerating the paganism that is eating away at the Church and adopt lives of radical holiness.

We need to stop feeling inferior to the pagans and act as the Church militant by becoming real Christians who live our faith beyond a superficial social justice or ritualistic level.
Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: The main difference between ancient paganism and apostate modern paganism is the latter has sprung from t...
(Quote) John-220051 said: The main difference between ancient paganism and apostate modern paganism is the latter has sprung from the rotting corpse of a weak and superficial Christianity.

It's time Catholics wake up and realize that it is up to them to stop tolerating the paganism that is eating away at the Church and adopt lives of radical holiness.

We need to stop feeling inferior to the pagans and act as the Church militant by becoming real Christians who live our faith beyond a superficial social justice or ritualistic level.
--hide--

The Pontifical Council on Culture did a paper on the New Age and repaganization called "Jesus Christ the Bearer of Living Water." It's a good introduction to the movement and the threat it poses to the Faith and to society at large.

www.vatican.va

Dec 7th 2012 new
It's pretty much destroyed Main Line Protestantism. I attended my uncle's Methodist funeral this week. I had to endure the most awful New Age sermon I've ever heard in any church about how my uncle shared the god in him with the god in everyone else.

Sounded awfully pantheistic to me.
Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: And with paganism, evil is unleashed.
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

And with paganism, evil is unleashed.

--hide--

Sadly enough these things have been happening ever since Vatican II (often in the so-called Spirit of Vatican II). Modern paganism and New Age are nothing more than old heresies in new clothing. There really aren't any new heresies.

Dec 8th 2012 new

John, I was a leader of sorts in a world wide New Age movement group-CUT. They don't do stupid human tricks like these. They are serious, and take what they do seriously. CUT had ritual, purpose, and intense focus on its goals, including disciplines like fasting, and almost monastic lifestyle, even though they were sacreficing in support of the Imposter and Father of lies. That was paganism in practice. How is it that Catholics anywhere put up with this nonsense? It seems most catholics are still listening to 60's rock and roll, as if they missed the message that Robert Johnson the greatest blues guitarist and inspiration to the genre sold his soul for the amazing skill. Bob Dylan has admitted as much. David Crosby was one of many who bragged that they would steal children from their parents for their revolution. We Catholics still participate in this cultural suicide. Check the site. Maybe we still continue to drink the coolade. The New Age groups have been there to pick up the pieces while Rome has allowed this abomination for 40 years. Tell me they couldn't have stopped it if they'd wanted to. The biggest segment that came into CUT in the 70s was lost Catholics. And they stayed for a while because of the seriousness of the work. I heard more about St. Catherine of Sienna there than in any sermon. And think about it: only this year did Rome return the word "many" to replace "all" in the canon, to restore service to Christ's meaning represented in the scripture. That is about 40 years after De Defectibus was removed from the front of missals. I believe it was Mary through Sister Lucy of Fatima that referred to the effect of all this as diabolical disorientation.

Dec 8th 2012 new

I think it is easy to say that the priest is truly a clown embarassed . However, although it can be tempting to criticize and condemn the man the best thing we can do is pray for him. I can be as critical as anyone when I see the wrong thing happening but these days try to balance that by getting out of bed once a month at 2am to participate in a Holy Hour to pray for priests during all-night Adoration. Priests are under massive attack from the Father of Lies and our prayers are needed for them. We need them badly but we also need to support them with our prayers.

Dec 8th 2012 new
I feel fortunate that my Melkite parish maintains an almost monastic lifestyle.
Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) John-220051 said: It's pretty much destroyed Main Line Protestantism. I attended my uncle's Methodist funeral this ...
(Quote) John-220051 said: It's pretty much destroyed Main Line Protestantism. I attended my uncle's Methodist funeral this week. I had to endure the most awful New Age sermon I've ever heard in any church about how my uncle shared the god in him with the god in everyone else.

Sounded awfully pantheistic to me.
--hide--

It is. The idea of a "God within" is meant in a pantheistic context, in contradistinction to the transcendent Triune God who indwells within men of the Christian faith. In the Christian understanding, we are the temple of God, ourselves a representation of the cosmos which itself is the macro-temple. The New Age idea, even when borrowing Christian terminology, makes man into an idol without any indwelling.

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Richard-722900 said: John, I was a leader of sorts in a world wide New Age movement group-CUT. They don't do stu...
(Quote) Richard-722900 said:

John, I was a leader of sorts in a world wide New Age movement group-CUT. They don't do stupid human tricks like these. They are serious, and take what they do seriously. CUT had ritual, purpose, and intense focus on its goals, including disciplines like fasting, and almost monastic lifestyle, even though they were sacreficing in support of the Imposter and Father of lies. That was paganism in practice. How is it that Catholics anywhere put up with this nonsense? It seems most catholics are still listening to 60's rock and roll, as if they missed the message that Robert Johnson the greatest blues guitarist and inspiration to the genre sold his soul for the amazing skill. Bob Dylan has admitted as much. David Crosby was one of many who bragged that they would steal children from their parents for their revolution. We Catholics still participate in this cultural suicide. Check the site. Maybe we still continue to drink the coolade. The New Age groups have been there to pick up the pieces while Rome has allowed this abomination for 40 years. Tell me they couldn't have stopped it if they'd wanted to. The biggest segment that came into CUT in the 70s was lost Catholics. And they stayed for a while because of the seriousness of the work. I heard more about St. Catherine of Sienna there than in any sermon. And think about it: only this year did Rome return the word "many" to replace "all" in the canon, to restore service to Christ's meaning represented in the scripture. That is about 40 years after De Defectibus was removed from the front of missals. I believe it was Mary through Sister Lucy of Fatima that referred to the effect of all this as diabolical disorientation.

--hide--

According to the Wikipedia article on that subject, the founder of that cult stated took the name "Universal" from the belief of the founders of Theosophy that the New Age Movement would eventually become "the church universal."

That should tell anyone who knows what "Catholic" means what the goal is; to displace the Church and replace it. CUT seems designed to take in lost and fallen away catholics, and I suspect from the article that it is not a coincidence.

Dec 8th 2012 new

And it looks like some power is working through manifestations, like the horror in question, to drive souls to the likes of CUT. Right? Or if they put up with it they'll probably have lost what it means to be Catholic. But Christ said "the gates of hell shall not prevail" and "I will be with you to the consumation of the age". So he said the gates of hell would be opened upon us, and he would be with us until he vanquishes what has come out. Remember the history of the prayer to St. Michael--why and under what circumstances Leo XIII composed it, and why it is still used at the end of every TLM (where ever you find it) I know of, after the Last Gospel. Looks like our surreal exhibition under discussion might have some evidence of the need of more prayers to St. Michael

Posts 11 - 20 of 55