Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Paul-866591 said: What are you talking about and what is hysterical about it, David? The already exi...
(Quote) Paul-866591 said:

What are you talking about and what is hysterical about it, David?

The already existing religious exemption in the HHS mandate specifically grants that exemption only to religious organizations who only employ members of that particular faith and who provide services only to members of that particular faith.

That is not my opinion, legal or otherwise. That is FACT.

Although I am not a lawyer, I was writing legal briefs before you were born, and one of the jobs I held during my working years was a legal compliance auditor. The State Attorney General required staff attorneys assigned to the Community Colleges of the State to read one of my opinions, which was part of the findings of my audit, as an example of a properly written legal brief.

While in the Army performing one of those "in addition to your normal duties" I was assigned as defense Counsel for Special Court Martials. The Judge Advocate of the Post, sent his staff attorneys to observe me when I tried a case, to see how a proper defense was conducted.

To quote your own statement back to you, your comments are hysterical. If you don't know what you re talking about, don't parade that lack of knowledge by making irrelevant comments. Keep quiet and people might think you know something.

--hide--

Paul, like David, I am a lawyer. However, unlike David, I appreciate your opinion and the opinion of everyone else who is willing to share their opinion here on CM even those with whom I don't agree. And, I think the fact that you do not have the liability of being a lawyer makes your opinion even more valuable. We lawyers often get caught up in legalese and miss the forest for the trees. So I will continue to look forward to your posts. They are well written and informative.

- Elizabeth

Dec 8th 2012 new
Hello Elizabeth. Thank you for your kind post in the other thread. As we approach the end of this special holy day, may we all have recourse to Our Lady. She will be the one to lead us to her Son, Who is true peace. Virgin Immaculate, Patroness of the United States, pray for us. God bless all.
Dec 9th 2012 new

there is going to be lot of wrong committed on this issue . including the Constitution . one of is the freedom to protest near these Clinics will be taken away, The progressives are now talking about the one child rule , God off our coinage , the list goes on and on .

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) David-364112 said: Just keep your mouth shut. I hope God sends you a leftie to love. That's exactly what happene...
(Quote) David-364112 said:

Just keep your mouth shut. I hope God sends you a leftie to love. That's exactly what happened to me and it is teaching me the meaning of love and tolerance.

--hide--

Wow David, that is pretty strong talk for someone who lives in a city where 110% of it's population voted for Obama. By the way, how exactly DID that happen? Do you have thousands of people living there who hide from the census counters but registered to vote and every single one of them voted Democrat?

Dec 9th 2012 new

Regardless how much ground we are losing at the national level, I am still encouraged by how many states are passing bills to not accept the HHS mandate in their states or make revisions to it.
This past thursday my state of Michigan just became halfway closer to adding itself to that list by passing a conscience clause through our State Senate. It allows doctors to refuse to perform abortions on patients if the doctor is morally opposed to it and allows employers to offer health care coverage packages to their employees that do not violate their morals, basically saying that if the employee desires a package that covers abortions, they need an individual plan from elsewhere.

I feel very blessed and thankful that I live in one of the most pro-life friendly states.

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Hello Elizabeth. Thank you for your kind post in the other thread. As we approach the end of this special...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Hello Elizabeth. Thank you for your kind post in the other thread. As we approach the end of this special holy day, may we all have recourse to Our Lady. She will be the one to lead us to her Son, Who is true peace. Virgin Immaculate, Patroness of the United States, pray for us. God bless all.
--hide--

You are welcome, John. Thank you for praying for our Nation and reminding us where the real power lies.

- Elizabeth

Posts 181 - 186 of 186