Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Well said and good reminder for all. Smothering not needed.Also some persons can ...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Well said and good reminder for all. Smothering not needed.

Also some persons can be very controlling. They don't see their partner as an individual person, I am afraid.

--hide--

Right-o. "Terms of Engagement" are a bit of a dance - one might be too distant, the other too clingy... I would think a couple that has a foundation of mutual respect and loving trust could find "Terms" that meet both their temperament needs. Boundaries should always be respected. But if each person is entering into the relationship selfishly - "He needs to complete me" or "She's ok, but only at this distance." - it's just doomed.

Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: There are only 2 reasons I gathered: 1. They think showing their love spoils her and ...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

There are only 2 reasons I gathered:

1. They think showing their love spoils her and could take him easy.

2. Showing affection is some weakness.

Man, showing your affection to the woman you love is not a weakness at all. If you only knew - A WOMAN WILL CARRY THE WHOLE WORLD ON HER SHOULDER FOR THE MAN WHO LOVES HER.

To the Gentlemen: Would you consider this as a weakness? Why?

To the Ladies: Would you carry the whole world for the man who loves you?

--hide--

It is a weakness. Any man who shows affection will have his man card pulled and will only be able to have it restored after belching, farting, scratching his butt and drinking a beer that's not lite. OK. I'm totally kidding.

Dec 7th 2012 new
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said: There are only 2 reasons I gathered: 1. They think showing their love spoils her and could ...
(Quote) Liberacion-894835 said:

There are only 2 reasons I gathered:

1. They think showing their love spoils her and could take him easy.

2. Showing affection is some weakness.

Man, showing your affection to the woman you love is not a weakness at all. If you only knew - A WOMAN WILL CARRY THE WHOLE WORLD ON HER SHOULDER FOR THE MAN WHO LOVES HER.

To the Gentlemen: Would you consider this as a weakness? Why?

To the Ladies: Would you carry the whole world for the man who loves you?

--hide--

Affection is not a weakness. It is a strength and being able to show that strength is very important. How a woman, or a man, know how the other felt if they didnt show their affection in some capacity? Showing love is important, it might not PDAs but each couple, if they are in serious dating mode, can find ways to show the love they have.
Dec 8th 2012 new

Boundaries are also very important. [Overly affectionate people can violate other people's personal space. It depends on the situation and how it is viewed by the other person.]

www.cloudtownsend.com

Dec 8th 2012 new

I know this is Hollywood, but this is how I'd like to do it in real life: www.youtube.com

Dec 11th 2012 new
(Quote) Carl-98335 said: I know this is Hollywood, but this is how I'd like to do it in real life: www.youtube.com.
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

I know this is Hollywood, but this is how I'd like to do it in real life: www.youtube.com

--hide--

Would love to view it, but I'm having problems with my Active X.
Dec 11th 2012 new

Josephine,

I had the same problem trying to view it so I got out of CM and went directly to YouTube and typed in Regarding Henry etc.

Looks like Henry did it right to me, it was sweet and endearing.

Now to find an older gentleman who wants to hold my hand and climb up on that bench.

faint

Posts 31 - 37 of 37