Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:
--hide--

www.necn.comblockID=811359&feedID=11106

This is an interesting story about a German Gun from WW2 turned in during a routine Gun Buy Back at a
Hartford, Ct. police station.

The gun is apparently worth between $30,000 and $40,000 and turned in by a woman.

The interesting part, I thought, is the description of how the woman could have come into possession
of that gun.ding officer allowed you to, you could send home a weapon, after you
killed someone.

He leaves some things out though. I think he means that the American serviceman, after killing a
German in possesion of a weapon, would be allowed to send home the German's weapon, with permission from
his commanding officer.

Has anyone else heard about this? One would think there would be a lot more German guns floating
around the US if that was the case.

Also, in the video, the officer says the serviceman could have brought the gun home with him.

I thought this was a very interesting story.

Dec 8th 2012 new

www.necn.com

This is the reference. None of the first posting I did printed properly. Don't know what happened.

Dec 8th 2012 new
If I heard correctly, they gave it back to her to sell.
Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: If I heard correctly, they gave it back to her to sell.
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: If I heard correctly, they gave it back to her to sell.
--hide--

Yes, I heard that too. Someone I know said the gun is worth every penny of what they estimated it is worth.

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Yes, I heard that too. Someone I know said the gun is worth every penny of what they e...

Yes, I heard that too. Someone I know said the gun is worth every penny of what they estimated it is worth.

--hide--

Oh! Snap, the gun grabbers got a big treasure!!! weeping irked

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Oh! Snap, the gun grabbers got a big treasure!!!
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Oh! Snap, the gun grabbers got a big treasure!!!

--hide--

Do you know that weapon, Steven?

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Do you know that weapon, Steven?

Do you know that weapon, Steven?

--hide--

Only by reputation. That's just a very expensive one that will likely be melted. Only if we're lucky will it be put in a museum.

The woman that turned it in only got what the program offered, which was a pittance compared to what that weapon is worth. And the story treats it as something she shouldn't have had in the first place, instead of the rare treasure it truly is.

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Only by reputation. That's just a very expensive one that will likely be melted. On...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Only by reputation. That's just a very expensive one that will likely be melted. Only if we're lucky will it be put in a museum.

The woman that turned it in only got what the program offered, which was a pittance compared to what that weapon is worth. And the story treats it as something she shouldn't have had in the first place, instead of the rare treasure it truly is.

--hide--

Steven: The police are returning the weapon to her because it is worth so much. It will not be melted.

Did you ever hear that if a US serviceman killed someone, he could send their gun back to the US
with his commanders permission?

Dec 8th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Steven: The police are returning the weapon to her because it is worth so much. It wil...

Steven: The police are returning the weapon to her because it is worth so much. It will not be melted.

Did you ever hear that if a US serviceman killed someone, he could send their gun back to the US
with his commanders permission?

--hide--

a). That's indeed a relief to hear.

b). No, not really.

Posts 1 - 10 of 22