Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Hi everyone. Sharing three things I heard this weekend that were meaningful to me. Perhaps you have some to share?

Think of the cross as two directions. The vertical pillar is aiming to heaven. Be "vacant" so we can be open to the Lord. The horizontal pillar is our extension to our fellow man. Think of the Trinity as the Lover(God); the Beloved(Christ); and the love between them(Holy Spirit). God equips the called; not vice-versa.
12/09/2012 new
I like those Tim. My Mom left us plenty of expressions which she adopted over her life. "Your presence is a present." "You know who you are." "There are no coincidences, only God-incidences." She seemed to have a lot of these, and I guess a few sunk in over the years. Good post. God bless.
12/09/2012 new

Thanks John. Those remind me of 2 from my grandmother. She passed away this year (at 101!).

"Come in this house"

"If you want a good friend, be one"

Posts 1 - 3 of 3