Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Dec 5th 2012 new

Zip lining and high ropes are more my speed.

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: Intrigued - - what is HALO jumping?
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

Intrigued - - what is HALO jumping?

--hide--

High Altitude Low Opening jump - jumping at 35k feet and free falling until popping the 'chute only a few thousand feet above the ground. It's mostly used by Spec Ops units, since the technique allows for a jumper to hit a football field size LZ, undetected from way up high. Usually it takes hundreds of jumps to graduate to HALO jumping, it takes training, equipment (oxygen) etc., so only high speed types or die hard sport jumpers get a shot at it. Sigh. I think a minutes long free fall with the view that comes with such an altitude would be awesome.

Long line is a rescue technique wherein the rescuer/victim is suspended by a long rope from a helicopter to get pulled out of terrain where a chopper can't land. Think hiker/skier type rescues. Basically flying through the air hanging below a helicoper. Sounds pretty fun to me!

Dec 6th 2012 new

What a fun question - base jumping? What's that? I did finally got to go zip lining! I looked like an idiot, and I had a terrible time jumping off the thing once I got up on the stand, but the gentleman manning it told me he would not turn it back around so the only way off was down. I hit the ground yelling "I'M ALIVE!" which did accomplish the purpose of getting students to try it.

It did quantify my personal fear of heights thing - yes, it's still there but I can override it when necessary. Also it proves that although I'm not an adrenaline junkie I do like the occasional dose to keep me in line. :LOL:

Dec 6th 2012 new

Holy cow - that sounds intense. No thanks! I'll take my speed going horizontally!

Dec 6th 2012 new

Awesome, I love it! You should have seen my the 1st time I went rock climbing - now that was comedy! I climbed all the way to the top - then, you're supposed to just let go with the self-belay system and it catches you and lowers you. I was all, "no way. I'm not just letting go." Took me a couple minutes, but I finally did it. It ended up being a blast!

Dec 7th 2012 new
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said: Tryin' to stir up some activity in this forum! Where are you, under 45'rs?Would you ever.......
(Quote) Melanie-894195 said:

Tryin' to stir up some activity in this forum! Where are you, under 45'rs?

Would you ever....go base jumping?

Um. No. But I can't wait to go zip lining! I don't mind going fast, I just don't want it to be plummeting towards the earth.

--hide--

If I am going base jumping or skydiving, i'm going to make sure to go to confession beforehand just in case, just to be prepared. Zip lining would a lot of fun. I did a small zip line, maybe a 100 yard line when I was in high school and that was fun.
Dec 7th 2012 new
(Quote) Melanie-894195 saidWould you ever....go base jumping?Um. No. But I can't wait to go zip lining! I don't mind going fast...
(Quote) Melanie-894195 saidWould you ever....go base jumping?

Um. No. But I can't wait to go zip lining! I don't mind going fast, I just don't want it to be plummeting towards the earth.

--hide--

I'm on the same page! I have a fear of falling, but not of heights, so I enjoy parasailing because I feel safe and it's not a free fall. shocked
Dec 7th 2012 new

(Quote) Matthew-922453 said: ...i'm going to make sure to go to confession beforehand just in case, just to be prepared...
(Quote) Matthew-922453 said:

...i'm going to make sure to go to confession beforehand just in case, just to be prepared.
--hide--

Haha! Yes! One thing I like about dangerous sports is that they reminds me I'm mortal and thereby help me get to confession more regularly!

Dec 9th 2012 new

Hi everybody,

I don't think so, there would have to be a very good reason to make me do such a thing.
The most adventurous I've done is go on a hot air balloon.
Saludos,wave

Dec 9th 2012 new

Would you ever...go bungee jumping? NO......but I would go zip lining, skydiving and parasailing!

Posts 11 - 20 of 28