Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I was corresponding with a CM guy from another state( he looked me up first) when eventually the emails started getting fewer/shorter, and he really wasn't responding to things I was telling him....I was just getting stock phrases/short answer stuff. I had wondered if we could chat on CM today, and he agreed to. Then he tells me(on 12/6/12) he's going to a church event "with a new friend." (read: new girlfriend or potential girlfriend) So I tried to be nice and give him an out and I said that I had Christmas errands to run and could not chat after all. I said if you want to chat, fine, if not ok, have a good Christmas. He then said "That sounds good to me." Sigh.

Ok, I get that these things happen. People on CM correspond with more than one person, that's what you're supposed to do. Or maybe he met her at an event in his area, she lives closer to him, etc. I'm not trying to fix this, just venting, thanks. Maybe it's a good thing my subscription is up in March. sorry: sorry sorry

12/09/2012 new
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: I was corresponding with a CM guy from another state( he looked me up first) when eventually the emails sta...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

I was corresponding with a CM guy from another state( he looked me up first) when eventually the emails started getting fewer/shorter, and he really wasn't responding to things I was telling him....I was just getting stock phrases/short answer stuff. I had wondered if we could chat on CM today, and he agreed to. Then he tells me(on 12/6/12) he's going to a church event "with a new friend." (read: new girlfriend or potential girlfriend) So I tried to be nice and give him an out and I said that I had Christmas errands to run and could not chat after all. I said if you want to chat, fine, if not ok, have a good Christmas. He then said "That sounds good to me." Sigh.

Ok, I get that these things happen. People on CM correspond with more than one person, that's what you're supposed to do. Or maybe he met her at an event in his area, she lives closer to him, etc. I'm not trying to fix this, just venting, thanks. Maybe it's a good thing my subscription is up in March. sorry:

--hide--

It is part of the process. In the real world when you meet someone, it is easier to size them up. You're both looking at one another with the what ifs going through your mind. You both pretty much know in a short time that you want to see eachother again. In the virtual world not so much. Yes, have had the same thing happen. I didn't even respond to the last email because I knew he wasn't interested and figured if he got interested again he would contact me.
12/09/2012 new

Victoria, I'm sorry you got hurt, but hang in there. I got hurt majorly weeping here on CM, but I think I'm going to renew my subscription anyway. I see it as a way to learn about how the other sex thinks scratchchin I learn something everytime I jump into the forums.

Look at the events section and participate, even if it means that you have to fly somewhere to attend. I'd do it if I had the money.

12/09/2012 new

Thanks for your response, Joanna. We had been trading emails and had chatted once before. I could tell he was losing interest from the tone of his emails...it is par for the course....I guess I just wish it was me who had met someone for a change.

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-731971 said: Victoria, I'm sorry you got hurt, but hang in there. I got hurt majorly here on CM, but I th...
(Quote) Brenda-731971 said:

Victoria, I'm sorry you got hurt, but hang in there. I got hurt majorly here on CM, but I think I'm going to renew my subscription anyway. I see it as a way to learn about how the other sex thinks I learn something everytime I jump into the forums.

Look at the events section and participate, even if it means that you have to fly somewhere to attend. I'd do it if I had the money.

--hide--

Thank you, Brenda.....I will give it some thought cookie

12/09/2012 new

dont give up i been dumped , lied about , insulted ( even today) , but still here . In the mean time have many things to keep me going thats whats important .

12/09/2012 new

I am sorry that happened to you. However, do not let that rule your actions. Do not leave CM because of one hurtful situation. It is all in how you think. Just say to yourself well he is not the one. The one for you is still out there. Just keep on truckin. Never ever give up hope. Don't be discouraged. Sometimes you have to meet a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Sometimes when something happens to you in your life you think it is terrible and it is a bad thing but actually it is a blessing in disguise. Maybe it is in fact a good thing so that you will be free to meet the one that is meant for you. God bless

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: dont give up i been dumped , lied about , insulted ( even today) , but still here . In the mean...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

dont give up i been dumped , lied about , insulted ( even today) , but still here . In the mean time have many things to keep me going thats whats important .

--hide--

Thank you Michael.......and I enjoyed the Christmas photos. Thanks for posting those.

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: I am sorry that happened to you. However, do not let that rule your actions. Do not leave CM beca...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

I am sorry that happened to you. However, do not let that rule your actions. Do not leave CM because of one hurtful situation. It is all in how you think. Just say to yourself well he is not the one. The one for you is still out there. Just keep on truckin. Never ever give up hope. Don't be discouraged. Sometimes you have to meet a lot of frogs before you find your prince. Sometimes when something happens to you in your life you think it is terrible and it is a bad thing but actually it is a blessing in disguise. Maybe it is in fact a good thing so that you will be free to meet the one that is meant for you. God bless

--hide--

Thank you, Kathy! All very true.

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Victoria-691000 said: I was corresponding with a CM guy from another state( he looked me up first) when eventually t...
(Quote) Victoria-691000 said:

Ok, I get that these things happen. People on CM correspond with more than one person, that's what you're supposed to do. Or maybe he met her at an event in his area, she lives closer to him, etc. I'm not trying to fix this, just venting, thanks. Maybe it's a good thing my subscription is up in March. sorry:

--hide--
You really have to develop a thick skin when jumping headfirst into online dating. I was only married for fourteen years, but outside of that I have been turned down more times than a 90 year old Jehovah's Witness. I recently was given the heave-ho by a lovely lady I dated for six months who lives nearby. Evan as old as I am, I still shed a few tears over what might have been. Don't give up Victoria, the Man Upstairs has a plan for you. theheart

Posts 1 - 10 of 16