Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

The girl of my dream?

12/09/2012 new
A week ago, I picked up the phone and excitedly called the girl I had been emailing for the past three years. In my conversation, I asked her if I can drive to her area to take her out to dinner over Christmas vacation and she said she has to talk to her mom since they have to visit her aunt. I emailed her several days later and asked if we can meet on the 26 and she wrote back and said tentatively yes! Last Monday, I sent her home made foods and she was really excited and emailed me with joy. In my email back, I said that I can't wait to meet her (sent Thursday) and did not hear from her since. I know that she's in the midst of finals and everything else but I know she read my message!

I am very confused and saddened. I just don't know if she cares about me the way I do about her? Am I chasing after another shadow? I just don't know what else to do at this point! Any feedback is appreciated!
12/09/2012 new

She already said "yes", so leave it at that for the time being. It's only been a couple of days since you emailed her. Give her a chance to get her other plans in order. She may not have a definite answer yet.

theheart

12/09/2012 new
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: A week ago, I picked up the phone and excitedly called the girl I had been emailing for the past three years. In my...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: A week ago, I picked up the phone and excitedly called the girl I had been emailing for the past three years. In my conversation, I asked her if I can drive to her area to take her out to dinner over Christmas vacation and she said she has to talk to her mom since they have to visit her aunt. I emailed her several days later and asked if we can meet on the 26 and she wrote back and said tentatively yes! Last Monday, I sent her home made foods and she was really excited and emailed me with joy. In my email back, I said that I can't wait to meet her (sent Thursday) and did not hear from her since. I know that she's in the midst of finals and everything else but I know she read my message!

I am very confused and saddened. I just don't know if she cares about me the way I do about her? Am I chasing after another shadow? I just don't know what else to do at this point! Any feedback is appreciated!
--hide--
Hello Khoa, try to be relaxed. I have no doubt about your honest and serious interest in her but perhaps she needs some time to think about it it all. I say give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe something came up. Nevertheless, if after more than a week she does not come back to you then try to prepare yourself for some dissapointment. I am so sorry about this happening to you. Your attention is a great gift and if someone does not correspond to it at least in the same way then it is not the right person! I will pray for you. God Bless!
12/09/2012 new
(Quote) Marie-731748 said: Hello Khoa, try to be relaxed. I have no doubt about your honest and serious interest in her but perhaps she needs...
(Quote) Marie-731748 said: Hello Khoa, try to be relaxed. I have no doubt about your honest and serious interest in her but perhaps she needs some time to think about it it all. I say give her the benefit of the doubt. Maybe something came up. Nevertheless, if after more than a week she does not come back to you then try to prepare yourself for some dissapointment. I am so sorry about this happening to you. Your attention is a great gift and if someone does not correspond to it at least in the same way then it is not the right person!

I will pray for you. God Bless!
--hide--

Thanks Marie,

There is a quote: "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man needs to seek Him just to find her." Shortly after I posted my message, I did some prayers and this quote came to my heart. I know what I need to do. I need to stay in communion with God a lot more. I resolve to spend more time with Him in order to discover the person He plans for me in my life. I need to listen more closely and be not afraid to let go of what I want and embrace what He wants for me in this life!
12/09/2012 new
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said: Thanks Marie, There is a quote: "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man nee...
(Quote) Khoa-813439 said:

Thanks Marie,

There is a quote: "A woman's heart should be so hidden in God that a man needs to seek Him just to find her." Shortly after I posted my message, I did some prayers and this quote came to my heart. I know what I need to do. I need to stay in communion with God a lot more. I resolve to spend more time with Him in order to discover the person He plans for me in my life. I need to listen more closely and be not afraid to let go of what I want and embrace what He wants for me in this life!
--hide--
Khoa, you said it all! I am sure Our Lord will show you the way. :-) God Bless you and never lose Faith!
Posts 1 - 5 of 5