Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: Meg I hope you will always feel this way here.Marian
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

Meg I hope you will always feel this way here.
Marian

--hide--

Nothing on earth is perfect, of course, but the blessings (the generous, kind souls) are abundant. I intend to spread the word to a few friends who are also Catholic singles....I, like them, just did not realize what this site really is and, I have to say, the Forums are extra special for it is here the connecting truly happens. I am excited to continue to build friendships here and put the rest in God's hands.

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) BIll-154597 said: I would consider trying to date a woman from my parrish. However it may cause problems: a man need...
(Quote) BIll-154597 said:

I would consider trying to date a woman from my parrish. However it may cause problems: a man needs to weigh out the potenital rewards and benefits. Does any one look out for single men now adays besides themselves?

Evidently many women do not take a man's perspective into account when considering that.

--hide--

Aren't we ALL responsible for ourselves?.. I know for sure that no one is looking out for me if I don't look out for myself.. I have only me to depend on as a single woman these last 21 years..

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: yes we all love our David
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

yes we all love our David

--hide--

Well.. Now..I wouldn't stretch it that far.. mischievous

12/09/2012 new

I suppose if I were to ever attend a NOW conference, I would sabotage the sound system and play "Wives and Lovers." Here it is (ladies, don't get mad...I'm messing around, as usual)

(Burt Bacharach & Hal David)
Hey! Little Girl
Comb your hair, fix your makeup
Soon he will open the door
Don't think because there's a ring on your finger
You needn't try anymore

For wives should always be lovers too
Run to his arms the moment he comes home to you
I'm warning you...

Day after day
There are girls at the office
And men will always be men
Don't send him off with your hair still in curlers
You may not see him again

For wives should always be lovers too
Run to his arms the moment he comes home to you
He's almost here...

Hey! Little girl
Better wear something pretty
Something you'd wear to go to the city and
Dim all the lights, pour the wine, start the music
Time to get ready for love
Time to get ready
Time to get ready for love

I was also going to include lyrics from My Fair Lady, "A Hymn to Him," but didn't want to push my luck with the humor.

12/09/2012 new

Patience is a virtue. Those who wait will be victorious in the end for they have expended the least amount of energy.

12/09/2012 new

If your RIP (relationship in progress) doesn't work, who cares about age difference? it appears you and Leon have a connection. If you two ever meet in-person, and can maintain laser-beam eye contact during an intellectual communication...you better go for it.

Maybe like the guy reading the newspaper in "It's a Wonderful Life" recommends to Jimmy Stewart ... why don't you kiss her.

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) BIll-154597 said: I would consider trying to date a woman from my parrish. However it may cause problems: a man need...
(Quote) BIll-154597 said:

I would consider trying to date a woman from my parrish. However it may cause problems: a man needs to weigh out the potenital rewards and benefits. Does any one look out for single men now adays besides themselves?

Evidently many women do not take a man's perspective into account when considering that.

--hide--

I did nto completely understand what the risk for a man are if he dates a woman in his parish. What risks are you specifically mentioning that are unique to the man?

12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: For Ray, Marian, Leon and those that have reminded us that there are still gentle men and gentle ...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

For Ray, Marian, Leon and those that have reminded us that there are still gentle men and gentle women in these fora, thank you! I'm often surprised that on a dating site there are those that do not even appear to like the opposite sex. I like harmony, I seek peace, I crave togetherness and just want everyone to act and talk kindly to each other.

It is everyone's perogative to disagree, but one doesn't have to be a bully when stating opposition.

I tend to not play games. If I like someone, I'll compliment them. Sometimes it is flirting, sometimes it is just to let them know they are valued. I asked one person for a f2f and it felt oddly out of place. I was shut down, albeit in a kind way. It didn't mean an end to our conversations, I just felt like I was put in my place and will wait for him to act. The more I have learned that this is God's plan for men, the more it makes sense.

I never have much thought of a man leading because I always figured it is what they do. I am happy to follow their lead. As a single parent, I am called to step up and be a strong leader. It's not something I am comfortable with, but it is necessary. I've read "War on Men" where the inference is that women, by redefining our roles in society, are leaving men in the lurch. Here we are begging for men do what has been traditionally part of their personna and we're being attacked.

If a man has experienced being asked out by a woman, how did it go? How did it feel? That would be helpful information to me.

Because we are only a picture on a screen, we are easy to be ignored, cut off, overlooked or at times entertained. Unless someone takes the initiative to put a voice and a face to that picture, it appears real manners don't necessarily apply.

I like these forums. I like the opinions and the interactions. I like the people I "meet" on here. I think we just need to remember why we joined in the first place.

--hide--

Great post Kathy. It is true we are only a picture here and that is often not enough for anyone to get a sense of who we are. Which makes any bickering and complaining even more pathetic. We need to remain upstanding, upbeat and positive as we navigate the waters of the site. it does not help to be a bully or to spin out provocative and mean statements.

12/09/2012 new
I agree with Linda and Anne Marie ,it's the same negative people posting all the same negative comments ,it's like a gang on Cm ,it's actually really sad. All these people posting these negative comments are miserable , angry , and very lonely. This site is horrible will never recommend this site to anyone.
12/09/2012 new

(Quote) Lorraine-894743 said: I agree with Linda and Anne Marie ,it's the same negative people posting all the same negative co...
(Quote) Lorraine-894743 said: I agree with Linda and Anne Marie ,it's the same negative people posting all the same negative comments ,it's like a gang on Cm ,it's actually really sad. All these people posting these negative comments are miserable , angry , and very lonely. This site is horrible will never recommend this site to anyone.
--hide--

And we lock! shocked

theheart

This topic has been automatically locked due to size. Any further discussion can be continued in a new topic.
Posts 191 - 200 of 200