Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dating question?

Dec 9th 2012 new

I met somebody on aonther site and had a date with her. I have my annulment. She is Catholic and divorced, but did not get married in the Catholic church. I don't think the Catholic church recognizes her marriage, but is she still married in the eyes of the Catholic church?

Would it be a sin to date her?

Can somebody clarify all the ins and out of dating and contacting members of the oppisite sex? I know you are not suppose to date divorced Catholics since that is commiting adultery.

thx...

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Pete-766241 said: I met somebody on aonther site and had a date with her. I have my annulment. She is Catholic and d...
(Quote) Pete-766241 said:

I met somebody on aonther site and had a date with her. I have my annulment. She is Catholic and divorced, but did not get married in the Catholic church. I don't think the Catholic church recognizes her marriage, but is she still married in the eyes of the Catholic church?

Can somebody clarify all the ins and out of dating and contacting members of the oppisite sex? I know you are not suppose to date divorced Catholics since that is commiting adultery.

thx...

--hide--

Quick Clarification: dating a divorced Catholic is NOT adultery - here is the definition of adultery: Voluntary sexual intercourse between a married person and a person who is not his or her spouse. JD

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Pete-766241 said: I met somebody on aonther site and had a date with her. I have my annulment. She is Catholic and d...

thx...

--hide--

There are many persons here who have more knowledge than I do, but here goes. She may need a lack of form done prior to getting married. Talk to your priest about it. It is not necessarily a sin. If she is still in love with him or considered it a spiritual marriage and refuses to get the annulment, you have your answer. I have a friend who was dealing with this very same issue and this is what she was told. In her case, The man saw his marriage to a Catholic but not in the church as a spiritual marriage and he refuses to get an annulment, so this is the answer for my annuled friend who was seeing him.

Dec 9th 2012 new

thx...

--hide--

Yes, keep your relationship chaste and there will not be any sin.

Dec 9th 2012 new

"Noli me tangere." ~Jesus Christ.

Dec 10th 2012 new

(Quote) Marian-83994 said: There are many persons here who have more knowledge than I do, but here goes. She may nee...
(Quote) Marian-83994 said:

There are many persons here who have more knowledge than I do, but here goes. She may need a lack of form done prior to getting married. Talk to your priest about it. It is not necessarily a sin. If she is still in love with him or considered it a spiritual marriage and refuses to get the annulment, you have your answer. I have a friend who was dealing with this very same issue and this is what she was told. In her case, The man saw his marriage to a Catholic but not in the church as a spiritual marriage and he refuses to get an annulment, so this is the answer for my annuled friend who was seeing him.

--hide--

This is the best advice.

Posts 1 - 6 of 6