Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Pain Again

Dec 9th 2012 new

Ah, the weekly reminder of being single hits home yet again as I sought to be faithful today by attending Sunday mass. Lots of beautiful, but married, women complete with more than one baby and a husband. Not one single SINGLE Catholic woman to be found.

Does the Church not recognize that there is a problem here? As a new Catholic, struggling to STAY Catholic, I've got to say that the church puts married people and children on a level that seems near God-like while at the same time seeming to do not a whole lot to help those of us who are single.

Christ Renews His Parish... largely a married person's affair, That Man Is You also a married man's affair, and mass seems to be chock full of everyone except 20-40 year old single people.

Nice to know so many others have someone to come home to and share a life with. <pout> I'm not seeing much support for singles at my church, and suspect this is a common problem within the Church here in the southeast. Sitting through mass today broke my heart, though I know the eternal reward and "bigger picture" make it worthwhile, attendance simply reinforces that the good ones are long gone and I'm on my way out of the picture at nearly 40.

Signed,

Frustrated sad

Dec 9th 2012 new

Well keep reaching out to ladies and your are sure to eventually find someone. There are MANY wonderful women here. Please do not give up.
I know what you mean about Suunday mass and the Church's negligence toward Singles. I really DO!! sad Please reach out to women when you have the chance.

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Ah, the weekly reminder of being single hits home yet again as I sought to be faithful today by...
(Quote) Michael-780154 said:

Ah, the weekly reminder of being single hits home yet again as I sought to be faithful today by attending Sunday mass. Lots of beautiful, but married, women complete with more than one baby and a husband. Not one single SINGLE Catholic woman to be found.

Does the Church not recognize that there is a problem here? As a new Catholic, struggling to STAY Catholic, I've got to say that the church puts married people and children on a level that seems near God-like while at the same time seeming to do not a whole lot to help those of us who are single.

Christ Renews His Parish... largely a married person's affair, That Man Is You also a married man's affair, and mass seems to be chock full of everyone except 20-40 year old single people.

Nice to know so many others have someone to come home to and share a life with. <pout> I'm not seeing much support for singles at my church, and suspect this is a common problem within the Church here in the southeast. Sitting through mass today broke my heart, though I know the eternal reward and "bigger picture" make it worthwhile, attendance simply reinforces that the good ones are long gone and I'm on my way out of the picture at nearly 40.

Signed,

Frustrated

--hide--

No single women at all? Yes, perhaps I am invisible to the men... which is hard to believe since I take a little extra space and wear bright, cheerful colors! (I blame it on the Portuguese and Finnish ancestry! laughing )

I attended TLM today. That can be almost too painful at times! So many bog, beautiful Catholic families! I sit alone with my hat and missal... and there are quite a few seemingly eligible bachelors... embarassed

You have my prayers Praying because I am in the same boat! I am so concerned about this that I might get something started myself... if I can find the time! laughing

Dec 9th 2012 new

I know what you mean, Michael. I too have the same frustration. I find it very difficult to find any Catholic singles in my parish too. In fact, there is nothing for Catholic singles. No groups. No activities. No functions. I am trying my best to fit in, and may be find single people I can relate to in my parish. I even joined the choir in hoping to meet some single Catholics my age, but not successful. The members are either married or too old.

I too am very frustrated. sad

Dec 9th 2012 new

I hear you buddy! I switch back and forth between 2 churches in my area. Judging by the parishioners I see, one caters mainly to the students and the young professional crowd, and the other, mainly for parishioners with family. While I probably will have more chances meeting single ladies in the first church, the time I hear mass seemingly is too early for the single ones (I attend the first morning mass... I love to start my week hearing mass). Also, I have a bias for the "family-oriented" church as I like their Sunday service more, and the priest just strikes me as one holy man who never fails to inspire me (I can actually see him possibly becoming the Pope someday). One drawback in the church I favor is they don't have an active singles group, and that maybe because their parishioners are mainly those with families.

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-780154 said: Ah, the weekly reminder of being single hits home yet again as I sought to be faithful today by...

Signed,

Frustrated

--hide--

What does that mean, "I'm on my way out of the picture at nearly 40"? You are giving up on the Church because you aren't meeting single women there? Are you pro-active in that endeavor? Did you contact your Parish and ask what YOU can do to help with the situation? We have an Annual Ministries Fair and that is an opportunity to get groups in the Parish together. Does your Church have such a thing?

Cat

Dec 10th 2012 new

and I'm 50.......yeah.

Signed,

Frustrated

--hide--

Dec 10th 2012 new

Signed,

Frustrated

--hide--

TRY AGAIN.........and i'm 50.

Dec 10th 2012 new

You can always check with your parish or the diocese about starting a singles ministry. There could be other churches in the area that have such a program. I am involved with various ministries at my parish & do not find my single status dscouraging.

Dec 10th 2012 new

Nancy,

I know what you mean about finding the time... I work rotating shifts, so am usually unable to attend regularly scheduled events. I may attend early mass one week, and evening mass the next. It is mayhem. :-)

In my church at least, no, not seeing any eligible ladies. A few in their late 20s... but at 39 I seem to be getting too old for them... though I'm a youthful 39. :-)

Prayers that you and one of those bachelors will meet up.

Michael

Posts 1 - 10 of 56