Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Nov 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: The zombie apocalypse has begun! What will you do? (time to show off your zombie knowledge and s...
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: The zombie apocalypse has begun! What will you do?

(time to show off your zombie knowledge and survival skills)

I would pack up as much food, water, guns and ammo and knives as I could get my hands on, load it all into my 15 passanger van and truck with my family and look for the most remote place I could find. I would definately avoid the cities until I knew whether or not the zombies have overrun them. I would be sure to wear as much clothing as possible because I wouldn't want to make it easier for the zombie to scratch or bite me. I would also try to find or make a spear because at some point my ammo will run out and I need to be able to take the zombies out from a distance. A spear will put more distance between me and the zombies than a knife would. A long sword like a katana would work too.
--hide--

A part-time zombie here. LOL

Feeling like when I don't get enough sleep at night so I could finish my work.

How bad is the threat I could bring? LOL
Nov 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Nadia-814356 said: Exactly right Corinna. And It would be good to hold up in a Costco or sams club (walmart may have too many win...
(Quote) Nadia-814356 said:

Exactly right Corinna. And It would be good to hold up in a Costco or sams club (walmart may have too many windows and entrances) because all the supplies are there and the doors are metal and close down like heavy duty garage doors. The buildings are nice and tall for roof observation vantage points and it's easy to secure with only the front and back entrances. You just have to get to one before marauders!

PS

The Walking dead is awesome!

--hide--

THE WALKING DEAD ROCKS!!!!

That is a good idea. My concern is that since places like Costco are usually really busy that it would be full of zombies by the time the living people got there. I had a dream about this once. Me and my BF at the time and my sister and Daryl from the Walking Dead were at the Walmart here (which looks like a warehouse like most of the other stores around here) and we were trying to sneak around the zombies, who were most likely at one point shoppers ,and get food and stuff it in our car so we could take off. Daryl had his cross bow so he was good to go. We had spears and kitchen knives to take the zombies out with. I also had a gun but I knew that if I fired it that the zombies would hear and be all over us.

Point is if you plan to hold yourself up in a locked down warehouse I think that could be a really good idea but you need to plan on how to take the zombies out first because you need to assume that the place was taken over from day one.
Nov 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said: THE WALKING DEAD ROCKS!!!! That is a good idea. My concern is that since places like Cos...
(Quote) Corinna-623958 said:

THE WALKING DEAD ROCKS!!!!

That is a good idea. My concern is that since places like Costco are usually really busy that it would be full of zombies by the time the living people got there. I had a dream about this once. Me and my BF at the time and my sister and Daryl from the Walking Dead were at the Walmart here (which looks like a warehouse like most of the other stores around here) and we were trying to sneak around the zombies, who were most likely at one point shoppers ,and get food and stuff it in our car so we could take off. Daryl had his cross bow so he was good to go. We had spears and kitchen knives to take the zombies out with. I also had a gun but I knew that if I fired it that the zombies would hear and be all over us.

Point is if you plan to hold yourself up in a locked down warehouse I think that could be a really good idea but you need to plan on how to take the zombies out first because you need to assume that the place was taken over from day one.
--hide--

scratchchin That's a good topic to discuss. Anybody have any ideas on how to clear zombies out of a crowded building?
Dec 10th 2012 new

The Walking Dead is one of my favorite shows on TV right now, I don't know if you've noticed, but they tend to avoid places like that for a reason, I would reference the the episode from this season when they clear the prison yard of zombies and a good way to deal with a large building, but on the other hand there is the supermarket scene from Zombie Land when Tallahassee is looing for his twinkees, he definitely had it down to a science. My personal tactic would be to find a natural chokepoint, and use that to neutralize the zombie's advantage of large numbers, so try to find an office door and take position on the inside of the office or behind the customer service counter (usually a chest high counter), after all the goal is to remove or destroy the head. Just my two cents.

Posts 11 - 14 of 14