Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

silly question

12/10/2012 new

cloud fluffy

Hi Bros and Siss,

My boy is almost 11, and since his first day at school I have been waking him up in the morning to get ready for school.. and everytime, it's a struggle to get him out from bed :-)

I told him before he went to sleep to put his alarm on and if he won't get up, I will not wake him up...

what do you think?

blessings everyone :-)

K

12/10/2012 new

Hi Kat,

I did this when my children were that age. The first time they feel that panic of being late and beign responsible for that lateness goes a long way. If the late waking becomes chronic then other things have to happen. I have four children and each one was responsible for getting him/herself up and ready in the morning. I was able to be a better(nicer) person in the morning, too! wink Michele

PS I had one who was a chronic late sleeper and he is now my "early bird"! He hates to be late:)

12/10/2012 new

(((Michelle))) thanks sweet.

12/10/2012 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: Hi Kat, I did this when my children were that age. The first time they feel that panic o...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

Hi Kat,

I did this when my children were that age. The first time they feel that panic of being late and beign responsible for that lateness goes a long way. If the late waking becomes chronic then other things have to happen. I have four children and each one was responsible for getting him/herself up and ready in the morning. I was able to be a better(nicer) person in the morning, too! Michele

PS I had one who was a chronic late sleeper and he is now my "early bird"! He hates to be late:)

--hide--

It also depends on the child's chemistry. My daughter had chemical inbalances from an early age that made it difficult to fall asleep and wake up. I was still waking her up in high school. Fortunately she changed medication before she started college. Hopefully, your son's is just habit. Praying Praying

12/10/2012 new

(Quote) Lisa-910908 said: It also depends on the child's chemistry. My daughter had chemical inbalances from an...
(Quote) Lisa-910908 said:

It also depends on the child's chemistry. My daughter had chemical inbalances from an early age that made it difficult to fall asleep and wake up. I was still waking her up in high school. Fortunately she changed medication before she started college. Hopefully, your son's is just habit.

--hide--

Crank up the music to the Jungle Book and he'll get up! He'll wonder what you are doing dancing around the house, but he'll wake up. My daughter wakes up to her alarm, always has. She's a morning person. My son lets his buzz for an annoying hour. So I go in every morning with a made up crazy song to get him moving.

You can also move his bedtime back 15 minutes each morning he doesn't get up on time to allow for the extra sleep he needs.

Good luck.

12/11/2012 new

Hi Kat

I have four boys myself and their ages range from 12-17yrs. I find limiting access to electronic media helps. If your son uses the computer or plays video games even an hour before bed, it can effect his sleeping habits. My experience with this is from trial and error. My remedy is to conversate with the boys a little before bed, or have them tidy up or walk the dog for example. If this isnt the issue for you than it could be your son is anxious about school or something and its keeping him up at night. If thats the case, then I would check on him later in the evening and if he's awake, be ready to talk. I hope this helps......

12/11/2012 new

(Quote) Kat-881112 said: Hi Bros and Siss, My boy is almost 11, and since his first day at school I have bee...
(Quote) Kat-881112 said:

Hi Bros and Siss,

My boy is almost 11, and since his first day at school I have been waking him up in the morning to get ready for school.. and everytime, it's a struggle to get him out from bed :-)

I told him before he went to sleep to put his alarm on and if he won't get up, I will not wake him up...

what do you think?

blessings everyone :-)

K

--hide--

My son has the same problemo, Awhile back I put his older sister in charge of getting him up in the morning... hehe... Works purty good...

12/11/2012 new

Thanks liz

12/11/2012 new

Thanks Theresa

12/11/2012 new

Thanks Kath

Posts 1 - 10 of 34