Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Parish vs online.....

Dec 11th 2012 new
Hi, I'm new here.. I'm 35 and never have been married or really dated either... And I'm a recent convert to the catholic faith.... But I'm still not sure what my vocation is yet.... But I heard Mary Beth bonacci say that it's hard and difficult to find/meet single catholics at any given local Parrish... And that online is the best way to go,to meet single catholics....m What do you all think about it? And she-Mary Beth bonacci also said that single you g adult groups in the local Parrish isn't that good of an idea... So any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions for me? Thanks....
Dec 11th 2012 new

Mary Beth Bonacci said that? Is she an expert? Has she ever been married? Her biography page says nothing about ever being married www.reallove.net

Also, isn't she a blogger (and presumably paid by) CatholicMatch? That might influence her advice on whether on-line is better than real life.

I'm sure Mary Beth Bonacci has many good and interesting things to say, but there is no reason to think she is the last word on these issues. Throughout history people got married without the aid of the Internet. And without Single Adult Groups at parishes. Both are recent inventions in the long scope of history.

Nobody knows the answer. The path is different for different people.

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Jason-521094 said: Hi, I'm new here.. I'm 35 and never have been married or really dated either... And I'm a re...
(Quote) Jason-521094 said: Hi, I'm new here.. I'm 35 and never have been married or really dated either... And I'm a recent convert to the catholic faith.... But I'm still not sure what my vocation is yet.... But I heard Mary Beth bonacci say that it's hard and difficult to find/meet single catholics at any given local Parrish... And that online is the best way to go,to meet single catholics....m What do you all think about it? And she-Mary Beth bonacci also said that single you g adult groups in the local Parrish isn't that good of an idea... So any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions for me? Thanks....
--hide--

Welcome Jason.. There is no right or wrong way.. This website is just another avenue of meeting others.. The only problem with the online community is that we are behind the screen... In order to get to know someone or have real fellowship we need to be around others..

Maybe for your questions regarding your vocation.. have you heard of Theology of the Body ...

I have been to really good seminars on this topic and have found a wealth of information ..

check here ... www.theologyofthebody.com<

Keep reaching out ... God will lead you in the right path ..
We are all on a journey here trying to find our vocation...

Prayers and Peace,
Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

ps I hope this may help in some way..

Dec 11th 2012 new

Free downloads abour our call to greatness..Check here :

thetheologyofthebody.com

Dec 11th 2012 new

Different strokes for different folks.

It can be hard to find someone in either place. But you shouldn't put your eggs in one basket.

Dec 11th 2012 new

First post alert!

Welcome Jason!

Partake of the Young Adult stuff while you can, because you will "age out" at 40 and they are a great way to meet people.

Try to find the most happening parish in your locality and go there...go where the other unmarried young people go. That is your best shot--don't just go to your "local" chruch if it is full of senior citizens and families.

Finally, use these online tools like CM. It's a great way to weed through for what really matter, in a way you can't in a bar.

Good luck! hug Praying

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Jason-521094 said: Hi, I'm new here.. I'm 35 and never have been married or really dated either... And I'm a re...
(Quote) Jason-521094 said: Hi, I'm new here.. I'm 35 and never have been married or really dated either... And I'm a recent convert to the catholic faith.... But I'm still not sure what my vocation is yet.... But I heard Mary Beth bonacci say that it's hard and difficult to find/meet single catholics at any given local Parrish... And that online is the best way to go,to meet single catholics....m What do you all think about it? And she-Mary Beth bonacci also said that single you g adult groups in the local Parrish isn't that good of an idea... So any thoughts, ideas, or suggestions for me? Thanks....
--hide--

I'm just going to say the first thing that comes to my mind. Jason, any way is the right way so long as it's legal and you're willing to take a pounding (aka getting rejected here and there along the way.)

Dec 11th 2012 new
Hi Jason, I'm in agreement the above posts. Either option is good. Staying open to the two options and hopeful to the possibilities is important. May Our Lord and Our Lady guide you and all to the right people and places in life. God bless. John
Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) John-746882 said: Hi Jason, I'm in agreement the above posts. Either option is good. Staying open to the two options an...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Hi Jason, I'm in agreement the above posts. Either option is good. Staying open to the two options and hopeful to the possibilities is important. May Our Lord and Our Lady guide you and all to the right people and places in life. God bless. John
--hide--

I agree with everyone too. Attend young adult groups while you still can and parish functions as well. I once went to a parish dance and danced with an eligible bachelor all night.

Online is difficult in its own way. A person has to out a lot of effort in online, in some ways. Try everything!

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Cathy-620979 said: Mary Beth Bonacci said that? Is she an expert? Has she ever been married? Her biography page says...
(Quote) Cathy-620979 said:

Mary Beth Bonacci said that? Is she an expert? Has she ever been married? Her biography page says nothing about ever being married www.reallove.net

Also, isn't she a blogger (and presumably paid by) CatholicMatch? That might influence her advice on whether on-line is better than real life.

I'm sure Mary Beth Bonacci has many good and interesting things to say, but there is no reason to think she is the last word on these issues. Throughout history people got married without the aid of the Internet. And without Single Adult Groups at parishes. Both are recent inventions in the long scope of history.

Nobody knows the answer. The path is different for different people.

--hide--

I very much love your application of critical thinking here Cathy! Thank you for always being willing to do that! We need your perspective!

Posts 1 - 10 of 19