Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for supportive and informative discussion about divorce and/or the annulment process. All posters must have been previously divorced or annulled.

Saint Eugene De Mazenod is patron of dysfunctional families & Saint Fabiola obtained a divorce from her first husband prior to devoting her life to charitable works.
Learn More: Saint Eugene De Mazenod and Saint Fabiola

Dec 6th 2012 new

On a final note, I texted the ex to see if she was going to visit Jr. anytime during the evening, and I received a text saying that she was in the ER at a different hospital. While on my way to evening Mass, I texted her saying that I was sorry to hear about him, and that I hope things get better.

Dec 6th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: On a final note, I texted the ex to see if she was going to visit Jr. anytime during the evening...
(Quote) Daniel-634934 said:

On a final note, I texted the ex to see if she was going to visit Jr. anytime during the evening, and I received a text saying that she was in the ER at a different hospital. While on my way to evening Mass, I texted her saying that I was sorry to hear about him, and that I hope things get better.

--hide--
I must be dense, Daniel--I didn't understand this. Your ex was in the ER of a different hospital for whom?

Dec 6th 2012 new

For her new husband. Sorry about that...lol

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: I had to bring my son to the emergency room last night because he swallowed his food and could n...

I had to bring my son to the emergency room last night because he swallowed his food and could not get it down all the way. He was wide awake, and stable, but I did not want the situation to become dire at home.

When he was being treated I called his mother to let her know what was going on, and lo and behold, I actually had a civil conversation with my ex

Don't you dare tell anybody else, and shame on whoever it was who was praying for me

--hide--
I'm glad that it worked out all the way around! I'm sure it was a relief

Dec 10th 2012 new

"vows trashed" That is exactly the phrase I have been searching for to put my feelings into words for years. Thank you!

Dec 10th 2012 new

Daniel, I am so glad that you had a civil conversation w/your ex-wife and that you texted her and offered her comfort. As a woman, I am always careful to listen to how a man treats his ex and his children. It indicates how I very likely would be treated if he dated me.

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Daniel, I am so glad that you had a civil conversation w/your ex-wife and that you texted her and...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

Daniel, I am so glad that you had a civil conversation w/your ex-wife and that you texted her and offered her comfort. As a woman, I am always careful to listen to how a man treats his ex and his children. It indicates how I very likely would be treated if he dated me.

--hide--
Sooooo true Margo. I agree with you.

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Daniel-634934 said: A very important part of this story is that before leaving for the hospital he went to his room ...

A very important part of this story is that before leaving for the hospital he went to his room to get his Rosary

--hide--

How sweet it that of Daniel. The unexpected civil moments with your ex wife are wonderful. I had a similar
experience this weekend with my ex and came away feeling like I had an out of body experience!
Maybe you can build on this foundation for more positive moments with limited expectations so
you won't be disappointed. That is what I am going to do.

Good luck!

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Margo-404841 said: Daniel, I am so glad that you had a civil conversation w/your ex-wife and that you texted her and...
(Quote) Margo-404841 said:

--hide--

At the same time you have to be wary of individuals that continue to harbor strong emotional attachment to ex-spouses. It and can be recipe for disaster.

Posts 11 - 19 of 19