Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Is it too much to ask...?

Dec 11th 2012 new

Do I live in a strange world, or do y'all think this is ok. Here's the question(s) if you dare...

Do you think it is ok for a woman to be a stay at home mom, who is a great homemaker? How many of you ladies want this to be your job? Do you want to have kids right away?

My position, I desire to have a stay at home mom who takes care of the house and helps raise the kids to be the best Catholic awesome kids ever. I desire to have a well kempt household with all the fine womanly touches added to it, and an amazing wife/mother/homemaker, am I looking for a needle in a haystack?

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: Do I live in a strange world, or do y'all think this is ok. Here's the question(s) if you...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

Do I live in a strange world, or do y'all think this is ok. Here's the question(s) if you dare...

Do you think it is ok for a woman to be a stay at home mom, who is a great homemaker? How many of you ladies want this to be your job? Do you want to have kids right away?

My position, I desire to have a stay at home mom who takes care of the house and helps raise the kids to be the best Catholic awesome kids ever. I desire to have a well kempt household with all the fine womanly touches added to it, and an amazing wife/mother/homemaker, am I looking for a needle in a haystack?

--hide--

Will you marry me? laughing laughing

Yes, there are women out there who want this. I have been QUITE outspoken (Probably too much so!) about this desire of my heart! embarassed

Dec 11th 2012 new

awesome!... i did go to college for my accounting degree while they were young, and then held a part time accounting job until they were teenagers. i then graduated to full time work when they became high school - college kids. it works and i enjoyed my time taking them to school events, sports activities and just fun, social events for their weekends . i highly recommend being a stay at home mother, but i know it can not work for all.

Dec 11th 2012 new

I'm guessing it's harder to find a woman who wants to be a homemaker these days, but I think you're in the right place to find one who does! I personally am open to staying home if that's something that works for the family. I'm sure some women are passionate about it!

Dec 11th 2012 new

No it's not too much to ask. You can find someone who wants to be a housewife, although some women now value having a career outside the home and don't want to give that up so it may be harder to find. I know several women here in Texas that would love it!... Too bad you're in VA or I could set you up! Another thing to consider is that some women are afraid of not having that security because so many relationships don't make it nowadays. LOL

Dec 11th 2012 new

cloud I never did want that at first. Once I got my grad degree and was working, I swore I'd always be the working Mom. But, once I had my little girl, I couldn't stand to NOT be home with her. So, I dropped my career for a long time to stay home with her. At this point, I think working part time is good since she is 9, but I still want to be the one who takes her to school and picks her up, be able to cook a decent dinner, and not be super grumpy from my job. I suppose priorities can change once someone has children.

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: Do I live in a strange world, or do y'all think this is ok. Here's the question(s) if you...

--hide--

I think if it's financial feasible someone should stay home with the kids but if not it possible it's not the end of the world. I'd like to stay home with my future offspring but financially I don't see that as possibly unless my future husband makes bank. Do I i want to start having kids 9 months after I get married? No, within the first 2 years yes.

Dec 11th 2012 new

There is nothing wrong with being a stay at home mom or a working woman as long as both parties have discussed and agreed on what is expected. I personally would be willing to be a stay at home mom. I run my own business now and have worked my schedule to give me as much time as possible with my daughter.

So keep looking. There are plenty of women out there who would be willing to be what you are looking for. Good luck and God Bless

Dec 11th 2012 new

Hey there Brian! Can I just tell you that strong urge to be a mother who stays at home and raises beautiful (I mean beautiful because my family makes pretty babies) babies has hurt my career? I have a hard time with telling my bosses what I want to do with my life for this very reason. It is tough out there for a girl who needs to support herself yet still wants what you offer.

pirate

Dec 11th 2012 new

--hide--

Wow! That is neat. I didn't know there were any of you left! smile theheart God bless you!

Posts 1 - 10 of 55