Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

Dec 10th 2012 new

Yes I think it is possible to meet that special someone online. However, I believe that you have to pray to meet that someone special. You need to pray and leave it with God.

Dec 10th 2012 new

Yes! I did!!!

Dec 11th 2012 new

"Do you really think it is possible to meet that special someone online? My response is: Do you really think it is possible to meet someone special 'offline'? Really, if you are online and active in say 1 or 2 onlines sites, your chances of meeting that someone special are SIGNIFICANTLY better than meeting someone IRL....that is, if you are NOT being active in 'looking' for someone in real life. There really is no comparison today. Of course it is possible to meet your soulmate in some chance real life encounter. But the whole idea or one of the ideas of online is to eliminate the chance encounter aspect of real life, or at least be able to encounter people whereby you know a good deal about them before even communicating (and they you) - possibly similar same Faith, values, interests, age, appearancc, location, children, etc etc. And to the extent you wish, YOU can choose to say hello to any number of men \ women....it is all there waiting for you, online. (and yes I know that the 'response rate' of online communications is pathetic).

In real life, well.....recently I asked a number of single women how many times someone has approached them in public...out of I think 6 women, 1 said once, and that was 3 years ago. And each one of those women said they would be OPEN to an interesting single guy approaching them! I will say though that if you wish to be 'actively' looking in real life, which I personally think is the ideal way to meet someone (locally), there are TONS of things you can do: I think the number 1 best thing but however MOST difficult thing is to approach (as practical most) every interesting looking (to you) single (no ring) 'stranger' you encounter in your public life. Approach is this case means some sort of conversation and introduction. Again, trust me, most will think this is 'crazy'...but how determined are you to meet someone and be a couple..? Most cannot or will not do this, but I think this approach could produce success. If you are like me and in a large Catholic area, then the odds are even greater. Approaching a stranger means several things - you can at least see the person in real time, and mostly the information is appearance: smile, eyes, height, build, style of clothing, interaction with others, or with vegetables (grocery store lol), voice, etc etc. but then you know they likely live in \ near the same town, and more than likely are single (no ring). So....cute, close, nice style....possibly Catholic...? Hey that is a good start....you just gotta say.....'Hello !!'

JD

Dec 11th 2012 new

Yes, I do. I hope meet someone to share my days!

Dec 11th 2012 new

Probably not!! Dove

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-730470 said: Yes I think it is possible to meet that special someone online. However, I believe that you have ...
(Quote) Kathy-730470 said:

Yes I think it is possible to meet that special someone online. However, I believe that you have to pray to meet that someone special. You need to pray and leave it with God.

--hide--
That´s true!! rosary

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: Rita, first of all, you're beautiful! I know, it's not the exterior that mat...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

Rita, first of all, you're beautiful! I know, it's not the exterior that matters. I've read your profile and you're also insightful and the quintessential power woman. A man would be a fool not to notice you, but do you also remember the saying that says "God helps those who help themselves." I pray for different things, like most of us, but there is one thing I've prayed for, for years, and God doesn't seem to listen to me. It goes like this...

"God, I pray for patience. And I want it right now!" Thank you. Cannot be more specific than that.

--hide--

Hi Maria. I have never encountered that sying in the Bible, although too many people say it is "in there". Fortunately, what I have found is a GOD who provides for His weak sheep - like me, who can only surrender to His love, for I am rather useless without Him.

It is vain for you to rise early

and put off your rest at night,

To eat bread earned by hard toil—

all this God gives to his beloved in sleep.

To answer, Rita, if it's possible to meet someone here... SURE! Local, same continent, LDR? Life is a pilgrimage. We just have to choose between what's good and what's better, with the goal in sight: to get to Him. If I find someone to hold my hand in this Holy Journey, I'll leave all behind - security, job, family... With the CERTAINTY that, when two are joined in Jesus, the world is renewed by His Love and Grace. I can't imagine a better gift for those I love!

Mari

Dec 11th 2012 new

like a needle in a haystack.... but ya never know! biggrin

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Hi Maria. I have never encountered that sying in the Bible, although too many people say it is &qu...
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Hi Maria. I have never encountered that sying in the Bible, although too many people say it is "in there". Fortunately, what I have found is a GOD who provides for His weak sheep - like me, who can only surrender to His love, for I am rather useless without Him.

It is vain for you to rise early

and put off your rest at night,

To eat bread earned by hard toil—

all this God gives to his beloved in sleep.

To answer, Rita, if it's possible to meet someone here... SURE! Local, same continent, LDR? Life is a pilgrimage. We just have to choose between what's good and what's better, with the goal in sight: to get to Him. If I find someone to hold my hand in this Holy Journey, I'll leave all behind - security, job, family... With the CERTAINTY that, when two are joined in Jesus, the world is renewed by His Love and Grace. I can't imagine a better gift for those I love!

Mari

--hide--
en.wikipedia.org

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Lina-796057 said: en.wikipedia.org
(Quote) Lina-796057 said:

en.wikipedia.org

--hide--

My point exactly! Thanks, Mari

Posts 71 - 80 of 109