Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion of sports, non-video games & hobbies! Football, baseball, basketball, hockey, or your own personal favorite. Brag about your team and explain why the refs blew the big game! Discuss your passion for Corn Hole, Horseshoes,Texas Hold'em or other games.

Saint Christopher is the patron saint of the playing field.
Learn More:Saint Christopher

12/11/2012 new

(Quote) Gerard-400247 said: Upset Specials: Week 15. Vikings over Ra...
(Quote) Gerard-400247 said:

Upset Specials: Week 15.

Vikings over Rams.

Cowboys over Steelers.

Panthers over Chargers.

--hide--

Them's fightin' words Gerard .... the Lion may be my #1 team but I live in Steelers country .... have supported them in the Super Bowl every time they've made it since I moved here.

12/11/2012 new

In 1962 in what was then the longest game ever played....the Dallas Texans faced the Houston Oilers for the then AFL Championship game.

The game went on....and on and on! At the end of regulation....it was "tied up" The captains of each team met in the middle of the field...for the coin toss. The Texans lost...and Houston elected to receive. One of our captains, Abner Haynes was then given the opportunity to select which end of the field the Texans would defend. Because of nerves or maybe miscomunicating Haynes said, "We're gonna KICK to the clock" Incredulously the head referee repeated this: "You're gonna KICK to the clock" (more as a question than anything else) Haynes then pointed to the end of the field they wanted...which meant...they were "headed" TOWARDS the scoreboard and clock! laughing

With Len Dawson from the University of Purdue at quarterback the Texans finally prevailed! It would be the last time they played as the Dallas Texans...because owner Lamar Hunt knew the City of Dallas could no longer support 2 football teams. They then became the Kansas City Chiefs which they are today!

12/12/2012 new

SCOREBOARD UPDATE: WEEK 14

Jerry:132...11 wins,1 bonus(9).

Nancy:129...9 wins, 0 bonus(8).

Gerard:127...7 wins,1 bonus(9).

Leon:121...8 wins,1 bonus(9).

Linda:105...10 wins,1 bonus(8).

George:92...10 wins,0 bonus(5).

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-730726 said: In 1962 in what was then the longest game ever played....the Dallas Texans faced the Houston Oile...
(Quote) Jerry-730726 said:

In 1962 in what was then the longest game ever played....the Dallas Texans faced the Houston Oilers for the then AFL Championship game.

The game went on....and on and on! At the end of regulation....it was "tied up" The captains of each team met in the middle of the field...for the coin toss. The Texans lost...and Houston elected to receive. One of our captains, Abner Haynes was then given the opportunity to select which end of the field the Texans would defend. Because of nerves or maybe miscomunicating Haynes said, "We're gonna KICK to the clock" Incredulously the head referee repeated this: "You're gonna KICK to the clock" (more as a question than anything else) Haynes then pointed to the end of the field they wanted...which meant...they were "headed" TOWARDS the scoreboard and clock!

With Len Dawson from the University of Purdue at quarterback the Texans finally prevailed! It would be the last time they played as the Dallas Texans...because owner Lamar Hunt knew the City of Dallas could no longer support 2 football teams. They then became the Kansas City Chiefs which they are today!

--hide--

Jerry,

I was a sophomore in high school and remember "us guys" talking about the game at school on Monday. One of the few times we weren't talking about girls. laughing I still remember listening to that game on the radio. Even though the game was sold out, we still did not have live coverage on TV.

Thank you for another great memory, my fellow brother Texan.

Blessings, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

12/12/2012 new

Hello my fellow posters.

Not much chance of me overtaking Jerry, Nancy and Gerard unless they just don't post. laughing laughing I only got 8 right. irked ashamed

My Texans got their butts smashed right into their faces vs. Brady and company. Gee whiz!!! To lose is one thing, to get whupped behind the barn is another.

So, lets see what Week 15 brings:

Once again, home teams in bold:

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bengals over the Eagles

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Giants over the Falcons

Broncos over the Ravens

Packers over the Bears

Browns
over the Redskins

Texans
over the Colts (time for them to get their act together)

Dolphins
over the Jaguars

Saints
over the Buccaneers

Rams
over the Vikings (sorry Gerard, it is just something I feel - nothing personal)

Lions over the Cardinals (Linda, hope the Lions win one for you)

Seahawks over the Bills

Chargers
over the Panthers

Cowboys
over the Steelers (Tony, don't let me down on this one)

Raiders over the Chiefs

Sunday Evening

Patriots
over the 49ers (I hope I am wrong)

Monday December 17, 2012

Jets over the Titans

I wish you all the very best in your picks.

Blessings to all, Praying Praying Praying

Leon

12/12/2012 new

I don't know Leon....there's still lots of football to be played...I think EVERYONE has a chance~

Thursday, December 13, 2012

Bengals over the Eagles

Sunday, December 16, 2012

Giants over the Falcons

Broncos over the Ravens

Packers over the Bears

Redskins
over the Browns

Texans
over the Colts (agreed on this one Leon. The Texans should be wound up like a cheap clock!)

Dolphins
over the Jaguars

Saints
over the Buccaneers

Vikings
over the Rams (Leon, Mr Adrian Peterson looked like a man against boys)

Seahawks over the Bills

Chargers
over the Panthers

Cowboys
over the Steelers (Come on Tony, keep up the good work!)

Raiders over the Chiefs

Sunday Evening

Patriots
over the 49ers (I hope I am wrong)

Monday December 17, 2012

Jets over the Titans

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Leon-593843 said: Lions over the Cardinals (Linda, hope the Lions win one for ...
(Quote) Leon-593843 said:

--hide--

That's a late game .... hoping maybe it will actually be shown in my area? crossfingers Lion

12/12/2012 new

Earlier in this thread, I promised I would share a couple more Bill Petersonisms, coach of the Houston Oilers in the early 70s.

Two biblical references:

Once when they were losing big at halftime, he addressed the team to try and get them pumped up. "Men, I know you are down and discouraged, but you have to stay strong and fight. God back to your days of the Bible. How do you think Jonah felt after he ate that darn whale".

When after running a little slant pass in practice over and over and over again, one of the players said, "Coach, we have it down". Coach Peterson replied, "you just don't do something a few times and think you have it down. You have to work at it and do it until you can do it in your sleep. Go back to your days in the Bible - do you think David just picked up that rock and got lucky and hit Goliath? No sir, he came home from work every day and set old beer bottles and tomato cans on the fence and practiced".

Leon

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: (Quote) Leon-593843 said: Lions over the Cardi...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

Quote:
Leon-593843 said:

That's a late game .... hoping maybe it will actually be shown in my area?

--hide--

Edward,

Probably not. You should be receiving Steeler - Cowboy game or a replay of the Texans victory over the Colts. laughing laughing laughing

Leon

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: That's a late game .... hoping maybe it will actually be shown in my area?
(Quote) Edward-4511 said:

That's a late game .... hoping maybe it will actually be shown in my area?

--hide--

Nope, CBS gets the double header this week - you get just the early Fox game. biggrin

theheart

Posts 41 - 50 of 125