Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not b...
(Quote) Brian-144650 said:

In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not being able to support a family/home/wife? I might not mean scoff as so harshly, but maybe not consider them first choice? Just a question...discuss

--hide--

Jesus was a teacher and I don't scoff at Him or anyone. Praise God you are able to teach!

I was at an advent retreat and the priest mentioned that at baptism we were blessed to be priest (to pray for one another), Prophet (to teach by word of mouth) and King ( to lead by example) ...

So you are fullfililng your baptismal duty as a Christian by teaching.

Blessings to you

Kathleen

Praying rosary theheart

12/12/2012 new

Men make great teachers, fathers, husbands, and family men. I know a lot who have wonderful lives. They spend time with the kids, helping with homework, have the time to spend together with all the vacations/holidays/summers, and lead balanced lives.

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: yea I guess I was looking at it more in the angle of provider and leader for a family, do women t...

yea I guess I was looking at it more in the angle of provider and leader for a family, do women thing its not quite good enough to be the provider ?

--hide--
Brian my brother is a teacher and so is his wife. In fact he met his wife when he was in university. They have been married for 20 years and have 3 daughters. I don't think my sister-in-law had any problem marrying my brother because he is a teacher. They both have the summers off and they like this. I am also a teacher as was my mom. Soooo no there is nothing wrong with being a provider and leader for a family if you are a male teacher.

12/12/2012 new

The problem with teachers is that the only time they can take their vacations is when most everyone else does. I prefer to go in the off-season when places are less crowded and cheaper. Essentially, I want it all to be MINE! laughing

12/12/2012 new
Teachers Rock.....very honorable of you. It is important to live within your means and easy to be happy doing so for anyone.
12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Brian-144650 said: In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not b...

In this crazy new world, do y'all ladies scoff at men who are teachers, and see them as not being able to support a family/home/wife? I might not mean scoff as so harshly, but maybe not consider them first choice? Just a question...discuss

--hide--
All I can say (both Men & Women) who are "Teachers" on here and through out this USA ( and around the world) All i can say God Love you all; You deserve (every penny) I don't care what Grade you teach; You all deserve a better Salary too! wish i could Give You all a raise in pay; Because you all deserve it!! Take care all Mike "peace"!! biggrin

12/12/2012 new

--hide--

Love is way more important than money. If I love him, then he is my first choice. It is very noble of a man to try to be the provider. I think it would be tough on one salary, but as long as you feel you can manage it on your salary, then you can explain that to your future fiance/wife and together you could come up with a plan on how to save money. Remember that it is not always about what you make but about your lifestyle, tax bracket, etc. Also, giving your money back to God will multiply your money, which of course we all should be doing anyway out of a loving heart for God. Just as there is pressure on men to be the provider, there is also pressure on women to be the "perfect mom". I personally, have been trying to manage the art of frugality. I feel that women must be equally responsible in managing the household budget. I am currently mastering the art of cutting the grocery bill and shopping frugally.

12/12/2012 new

There is no scoffing at men who are teachers from me! It is a wonderful profession to serve and help others. I’d probably have more in common with a gentleman who is a teacher, as I lean towards having academic interests, so reading, studying and learning would play a big role in my household.

Around here, teachers in both Catholic and public schools earn decent middle-class salaries with benefits. Some of my friends are teachers, and it is a profession that I admire. I taught adults part-time a few years ago, where the pay was puny and the stress was high. laughing I lead a middle-class life with the job I have now.

I suppose it has a lot to do with how you are raised and where you come from, whether you are encouraged to succeed, how success is defined, and what you value. Also where you are today and what the world is like may be very, very different 20 years from now. Changes in the economy could affect quality of life, the number of mouths to feed change the equation for how the family finances look, and decisions have to be made about things like college education funds for all the kids. There is nothing wrong with staying a teacher for a full working career, or ending up as a principal or a school board administrator. How a husband and wife manage the family finances is more important than what the occupation of either person is.

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Mike-646924 said: All I can say (both Men & Women) who are "Teachers" on here and through out this USA...
(Quote) Mike-646924 said:

All I can say (both Men & Women) who are "Teachers" on here and through out this USA ( and around the world) All i can say God Love you all; You deserve (every penny) I don't care what Grade you teach; You all deserve a better Salary too! wish i could Give You all a raise in pay; Because you all deserve it!! Take care all Mike "peace"!!

--hide--
I agree thumbsup Bow clap

hug hug 's for all Teachers !!

12/12/2012 new
There are teachers in my family and I work with many teachers - Brian, I certainly would consider male teachers as admirable with an honorable profession - nothing to scoff at
Posts 21 - 30 of 49