Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Mari, that is such good advice. You are right, I could also be an enemy, and we are ca...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Mari, that is such good advice. You are right, I could also be an enemy, and we are called to
love as He did on the Cross.

The reason I refer to enemies, and the need to defend, is because I would not like to stand by
and watch my family, friends or fellow countryman be hurt by someone with the mindset to destroy us.

I don't know if you are aware, but Al Kaida has used the computer to recruit members right on our
own soil. These terrorist organizations are very capable of utilizing Twenty-first century technology,
yet have their morals routed in the dark ages.

This is a very new kind of enemy to confront. Our country needs to be vigilant to protect itself.

Wouldn't you want to protect your loved ones from an enemy?

--hide--

Oh, dear Marianne... I live in fear of having to decide one day to kill or be killed... I lived through Noriega's dictatorship. I went on peace protests, was persecuted and had to run from his gunmen. I lived trough the US invasion (I was pregnant with my first child and had to go in fear to my in lwas... right before Crhistmas), where hundreds were killed unnecessarily. Remember there were US bases here for over 75 years, so there was NO NEED to kill indiscriminately if all they wanted was to capture ONE man, since they knew well the "enemy" and the terrain. Still, I love your country, where I studied / lived many years, and agree with what is in your Constitution.

Would I go on Peace protests again? NO. I became a coward and hide behind a Rosary... or maybe so brave that I would volunteer to die for others like Saint Maximilian Kolbe. I just pray no one would have to choose, not even those I disagree with.

Bless you for bringing this issue up here, so that we may search for our personal answers in our hearts, share our thoughts, and maybe be enlightened by each other.

hug Mari

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) William-913283 said: I do not know much about the technology of drones but wouldn't there always be the problem ...
(Quote) William-913283 said:

I do not know much about the technology of drones but wouldn't there always be the problem of an electro magnetic pulse which one could still use to wipe out the drones?

--hide--

You are probably right about changing the magnetic field which may be how the drones are directed.

Maybe drones are supposed to not be very visible until they make their strike. That way, even if the enemy has
one of those machines, the surprise element will catch them offguard and unable to activate them.

I don't know really how the drones are directed, but I would guess satelites.

12/12/2012 new

please post/send links to your articles

shhh

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Ed-442168 said: please post/send links to your articles
(Quote) Ed-442168 said:

please post/send links to your articles

--hide--

Ed, this is the story I read. It is from a newspaper local to my area.

www.lohud.com

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: It is abusive to use any weapon to murder anybody, regardless of citizenship or age. Shoo...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

It is abusive to use any weapon to murder anybody, regardless of citizenship or age. Shooting a legitimate military target is a legitimate act of war.

Would you have objected if Churchill and Roosevelt had a "kill list" that included Hitler, Goring, and Himmler?

--hide--

We didn't have one for them. They were leaders of states, and somebody needed to surrender at the end.

It wasn't Hitler of course, but in Japan it was Emperor Hirohito. He did surrender.

Would you have preferred he had been on the recieving end of the "kill list"?

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: We didn't have one for them. They were leaders of states, and somebody needed to su...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

We didn't have one for them. They were leaders of states, and somebody needed to surrender at the end.

It wasn't Hitler of course, but in Japan it was Emperor Hirohito. He did surrender.

Would you have preferred he had been on the recieving end of the "kill list"?

--hide--

Allow me to repeat the question:

Would you have objected if Churchill and Roosevelt had a "kill list" that included Hitler, Goring, and Himmler?

I didn't ask if we had one. I asked if you would have objected to the above.

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Michael-556947 said: What did the President do watch the navy seals for seven hours . He did nothing . To me there a...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

What did the President do watch the navy seals for seven hours . He did nothing . To me there a waste a money now

--hide--

Well, Obama got himself a nice highbrow job, with excellent fringe benefits, and lots of power.

He can ruin the country economically with one hand, and watch the fighting men embark on a trecherous
mission with the other.

Thank God a President can only be in for two terms.

I sure wish he would get impeached, before the next $1.6 trillion in spending happens next year.

12/12/2012 new

the

long & short...

yes & no

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Mari-894290 said: Oh, dear Marianne... I live in fear of having to decide one day to kill or be killed....
(Quote) Mari-894290 said:

Oh, dear Marianne... I live in fear of having to decide one day to kill or be killed... I lived through Noriega's dictatorship. I went on peace protests, was persecuted and had to run from his gunmen. I lived trough the US invasion (I was pregnant with my first child and had to go in fear to my in lwas... right before Crhistmas), where hundreds were killed unnecessarily. Remember there were US bases here for over 75 years, so there was NO NEED to kill indiscriminately if all they wanted was to capture ONE man, since they knew well the "enemy" and the terrain. Still, I love your country, where I studied / lived many years, and agree with what is in your Constitution.

Would I go on Peace protests again? NO. I became a coward and hide behind a Rosary... or maybe so brave that I would volunteer to die for others like Saint Maximilian Kolbe. I just pray no one would have to choose, not even those I disagree with.

Bless you for bringing this issue up here, so that we may search for our personal answers in our hearts, share our thoughts, and maybe be enlightened by each other.

Mari

--hide--

What is your basis for claiming that anybody was killed indiscriminately?

Just because they were interested in one person does not mean that it is magically possible to get to him and only him. Look at bin Lauden. It took a decade to do, he had FAR less physical security than Noriega, and he wasn't the only one killed the raid.

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) John-336509 said: What is your basis for claiming that anybody was killed indiscriminately? Just bec...
(Quote) John-336509 said:

What is your basis for claiming that anybody was killed indiscriminately?

Just because they were interested in one person does not mean that it is magically possible to get to him and only him. Look at bin Lauden. It took a decade to do, he had FAR less physical security than Noriega, and he wasn't the only one killed the raid.

--hide--

That makes a lot of sense, John.

Posts 31 - 40 of 98