Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is dedicated to those who are facing the challenge of raising children without the support of a spouse. This is a place to share ideas and lend mutual support.

Saint Rita is known to be a patroness for abused wives and mourning women.
Learn More: Saint Rita

Dec 11th 2012 new

I have not had this problem with my daughter. She has always been an early bird and easy to wake up. I on the other hand have always had problems getting going in the morning. I still have to set multiple alarms out of arms reach to get me up and moving. In high school my mom got sick of constantly getting me up and keeping me moving. She did what you told your son. she stopped waking me up in the morning. Then she took it one step farther. If I did not get up and get moving, then I would miss the bus. If I missed the bus, she would not call into the school. This happened once and only once. I had to go to school the next day and explain why I missed and why it was not called in. I got in trouble with the school and was embarassed with having to explain why I missed. But it worked like nothing else my mother had tried. That is when I first started using more than one alarm. One alarm wakes me up, the other is set so many minutes later to keep me moving. Good luck

Dec 12th 2012 new

Hello Kat.

Children like to use gadgets.Whatever alarm he has available it would be good to get him interested in setting it up early in the afternoon. Does he have an early bedtime which would ensure that he gets enough rest?.

Would talking about something in school that he could look forward to also help.

Wishing you and yours all God' s blessings

Dec 12th 2012 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: Hi Kat, I did this when my children were that age. The first time they feel that panic o...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

Hi Kat,

I did this when my children were that age. The first time they feel that panic of being late and beign responsible for that lateness goes a long way. If the late waking becomes chronic then other things have to happen. I have four children and each one was responsible for getting him/herself up and ready in the morning. I was able to be a better(nicer) person in the morning, too! Michele

PS I had one who was a chronic late sleeper and he is now my "early bird"! He hates to be late:)

--hide--

Best advice. Same thing happened to my chronic, hard to get up in the morning, sleeper:) She is now responsible 14-year old.

Dec 12th 2012 new

Thank you :-)

Dec 12th 2012 new

Thank you :-)

Dec 13th 2012 new

How about an ice cold glass of water in his face the second time you have to ask?

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) David-903579 said: How about an ice cold glass of water in his face the second time you have to ask?
(Quote) David-903579 said:

How about an ice cold glass of water in his face the second time you have to ask?

--hide--

David is this really your suggestion? Are you being funny? Can you think of any other suggestions? laughing laughing

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) David-903579 said: How about an ice cold glass of water in his face the second time you have to ask?
(Quote) David-903579 said:

--hide--

My dad used to do this to my sister. Only he just dribbled a little in her ear. It always got her up.

Dec 13th 2012 new

Sad to say, I did resort to the water trick with the chronic late riser... laughing embarassed

Dec 13th 2012 new
Yep, the water trick works every time.
Posts 11 - 20 of 34