Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Julie-42315 said: Did Tom Selleck ever not have a mustache? He looks good with one.
(Quote) Julie-42315 said:

Did Tom Selleck ever not have a mustache? He looks good with one.

--hide--
And then there is Sam Elliot faint

12/12/2012 new

well... chivalry might be dead,.. but at least some things are still usefull for us facial hair guys.

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said: I love a neat mustache, fu manchu mustache, goatee or beard. But I can't stand that 1 or 2 ...
(Quote) Carolyn-896104 said:

I love a neat mustache, fu manchu mustache, goatee or beard. But I can't stand that 1 or 2 day beard that a lot of women think is sexy on men. I can't help it, I think it looks dirty and unkempt.

--hide--

Well, darnit. And here I am, not having shaven for a couple days. I kinda like the stubbly look. Having been military/active duty for nearly 15 years... it is nice to not have to shave every day...

12/12/2012 new

Hey I resemble that remark. I always thought I had a beard because I was too lazy to shave, but it's good to know otherwise.

Actually I'd probably grow mine like Jeremiah Johnson, but it wouldn't fly at work, so maybe when I retire. I used to sport the winter beard, but now I have worn this thing for years. Maybe THAT"S why I am not married! Truthfully, I could care less about the facial hair. I guess I have it because I can and why not? It's definitely going to be up to my wife, whatever she says....now where is she?

12/12/2012 new

(Quote) Eileen-890971 said: I like it on some men and others....not so much. Bald men tend to grow facial hair but it detrac...
(Quote) Eileen-890971 said:

I like it on some men and others....not so much. Bald men tend to grow facial hair but it detracts from the
shape of their face sometimes. I think....go for it! Women change their hair style, the color of their hair,
can have make-up look different every day of the week if they are talented (not my forte) so why shouldn't
men like a little variety. A little mustache this week, a goatee next week, a light beard the following week,
clean shaven, it's all good!
Variety is the spice of life!

--hide--

Hey I resemble that remark. I always thought I had a beard because I was too lazy to shave, but it's good to know otherwise.

Actually I'd probably grow mine like Jeremiah Johnson, but it wouldn't fly at work, so maybe when I retire. I used to sport the winter beard, but now I have worn this thing for years. Maybe THAT"S why I am not married! Truthfully, I could care less about the facial hair. I guess I have it because I can and why not? It's definitely going to be up to my wife, whatever she says....now where is she?

12/13/2012 new

Depends on the man, the face, the nature of the beard, the color, how it looks on him, whether he is compensating for lack of hair on his head, and what he does for a living. And whether he is ever going to have to get my mother's approval (who does not like facial hair).

I have had it both ways, and both work for me.

What does not work for me is 1) gross facial hair (ill kept, dirty, stained, braided, nasty) and 2) overly manicured facial hair --the soul patch, the pointed side burns with a very narrow goatee, the metrosexual look (either shave or don't shave, make a choice is what I would say).

I say facial hair is one of the few ways a man can "express" himself in terms of "fashion" (that, and ties), and he should wear what he likes. I will either like it or I won't.

12/16/2012 new

(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said: Hi all, I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there ar...
(Quote) Lorrie-735074 said:

Hi all,

I don't see many men under 45 with facial hair. I'm wondering if there are women who like men over 45 with facial hair? I love beards and it's hard to find a man who has facial hair. I was thinking it might be a good box to have on preferences along with hair color for facial hair. Do you like facial hair?

Lorrie

--hide--

Yes, Lorrie, I like facial hair on a man, as long as he keeps it trimmed well ... heartbeat

fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy snowman fluffy

12/25/2012 new

From time to time, I will shave clean ... just for a change.

Nobody seems to notice any difference.

Not sure what that means, really.

12/26/2012 new

I've been on and off with a gotee for years but I'll probably keep it now, it feels natural to me. I also dyed it for the first time. I used Henna which has no chemials and doesn't have that 'shiny' look where it's obvious it was dyed. I guess I'm a little vain. I'm not trying to look younger just got tired of the white.

And it's not hard to see what women think..I used to go to this deli up in the mountains, one young woman was smitten when I grew it, the other woman who was originally from the city hated it. I guess it comes down to how they were raised. I also got a kick out of reading their faces that day, the was a stark contrast between them. laughing

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: I've seen photos of Tom Selleck without a mustache, but there aren't too man...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

I've seen photos of Tom Selleck without a mustache, but there aren't too many, and he certainly doesn't look his very handsome self without one.

--hide--

I agree, Maria .... Tom Selleck -- actually, with or without the mustache faint heartbeat laughing

A very Happy Christmastide to you, Maria santahat wreath xmastree Ice Skating snowman fluffy

Posts 71 - 80 of 123