Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Today's Weather

Dec 9th 2012 new

faint
I just drove home from Andover where I was visiting my mom. First my brother had to help shovel and push me out of the driveway, then I had to snowplow down the road as I don't think it had been plowed all day. I drive a front wheel drive Saturn Vue, so it was interesting, especially at the end of the road, where you have to pray that no one is coming so you can pull right out onto the road. Otherwise, if you stop, you could very likely be stuck. (Switched from 1st person to 2nd right there. I'm an accountant, not an English teacher. wink )

Once I was out onto the main roads, I thought it would be ok, and it was for most of the way home. The roads are snowy of course, but not with drifts or anything. Then as I turned onto my street, I had to push through snow again and when I got to my parking space-I live in a townhouse-I had to be pushed into my spot. It didn't look like the parking lot had been plowed all day, but someone said it had been done twice.

Welcome to winter, huh?

Dec 9th 2012 new

(Quote) Judy-923542 said: I just drove home from Andover where I was visiting my mom. First my brother had to help shove...
(Quote) Judy-923542 said:

I just drove home from Andover where I was visiting my mom. First my brother had to help shovel and push me out of the driveway, then I had to snowplow down the road as I don't think it had been plowed all day. I drive a front wheel drive Saturn Vue, so it was interesting, especially at the end of the road, where you have to pray that no one is coming so you can pull right out onto the road. Otherwise, if you stop, you could very likely be stuck. (Switched from 1st person to 2nd right there. I'm an accountant, not an English teacher. )

Once I was out onto the main roads, I thought it would be ok, and it was for most of the way home. The roads are snowy of course, but not with drifts or anything. Then as I turned onto my street, I had to push through snow again and when I got to my parking space-I live in a townhouse-I had to be pushed into my spot. It didn't look like the parking lot had been plowed all day, but someone said it had been done twice.

Welcome to winter, huh?

--hide--

Well, Judy, I would have to say, you definitely have winter there. Since you are so far North, is this unusual weather
for you? It sounds like a lot of snow, but then, it is December.

Dec 10th 2012 new

Yee Ha! Winter is here. My brother sells Western snowplows and most of my family are sledheads. I spent hours shoveling snow yesterday. The resorts will be packed this weekend.

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Tom-54311 said: Yee Ha! Winter is here. My brother sells Western snowplows and most of my family are sledheads. I sp...
(Quote) Tom-54311 said:

Yee Ha! Winter is here. My brother sells Western snowplows and most of my family are sledheads. I spent hours shoveling snow yesterday. The resorts will be packed this weekend.

--hide--

Hi Tom et alia,

First, take care of yourself. Don't overdo things and get a heart attack.

Second, I suppose there is an upside to the snow. The resorts can use the money, and hopefully the snow will help attenuate the drought conditions prevalent throughout the Midwest. Interestingly, there are wildfire conditions predicted for western Missouri. I've never seen that in December before.

James ☺

Dec 13th 2012 new

Hi James. I see you are still on here, giving your sage advice.

I figure the exercise of snow shovelling is keeping me from having a heart attack. But thanks for the advice.

Not much of a drought here in central Minn. The resorts are very happy!!

Dec 13th 2012 new

Let it snow, Let it snow, Let it snow!!!
www.youtube.com

Dec 15th 2012 new

Excellent video...we are getting our share here!!

Posts 1 - 7 of 7