Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

would I have the right to demand payment from you?

If not, then how are union fees for non-union employees any different? They are being forced to pay for benefits they did not ask for. *If the unions were smart, they would cut the benefits for non-union workers.

Dec 14th 2012 new

(Quote) Alexander-571604 said: would I have the right to demand payment from you? If not, the...
(Quote) Alexander-571604 said:

If not, then how are union fees for non-union employees any different? They are being forced to pay for benefits they did not ask for. *If the unions were smart, they would cut the benefits for non-union workers.

--hide--

Apples and oranges: the second is a condition of employment, the first is not. Whether it is legally permissible for an employer to set such a condition of employment is a matter of state law, but I believe in most states it is legal. No one is forced to pay the dues: if they don't wish to pay, they work elsewhere.

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Alexander-571604 said: would I have the right to demand payment from you? If not, the...
(Quote) Alexander-571604 said:

--hide--
Can you say "Extortion"?

Posts 1 - 3 of 3