Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Second Annual CM Central Illinois New Year's Gathering...last year it was in Peoria but this year we will be ringing in 2013 here in Springfield!!! We are hoping for a good showing of both locals and out-of-towners...last year's hostess, Lucy, is joining in again (yay!!) and there might be some people from the CM Indy group joining in (yay!!)...so far.....hoping more of you will take a chance and come out for at least a little celebrating...whether New Year's Eve or New Year's Day or both. It will be a fun evening of merry-making on New Year's Eve...probably will stay inside where it is warm and play games, visit, eat, drink and 'be merry'. New Year's Day we will attend Mass together and from there come back to my place for a brunch (and perhaps watch some football, continue conversations, or catch a movie or ???). Perhaps out-of-towners will want to check out the schedule for visiting the Lincoln Presidential Museum or some other sites if you come in on the 31st.

I can provide overnight accomodations, although you will need to bring blankets, pillows, sleeping bags, and whatever personal items; If you prefer to stay in a hotel I can recommend some. I will be doing some cooking and baking but certainly people are welcome to bring something as well, and while I have wine and a few other things, it is mostly BYOB. biggrin Cheers! beer

Hope some of you that are 'sitting on the fence' about joining in a new event with a bunch of strangers will take a chance and start the New Year out with some new friends! I have been to a few get-togethers with the Indianapolis members and am so glad I finally did. Hope you will consider starting out 2013 with some fellow Catholics for fun, fellowship, and friendship.....and maybe you will meet that special someone, not just those present (we all know other people to introduce, too)! wink heart lovestruck!

Please post any questions here in this forum as opposed to messaging me.

More details to follow.

Thanks, Helen

12/10/2012 new

Thanks, Helen, for coming up with this idea. It will be nice to end the year with plans and start the Holy Day with 'two or three' gathered in His name.

I know Springfield has a First Night event, too, though I know little about it. I'll throw that into the mix, though I'm ALL for staying in or going out. party

12/11/2012 new
wave I SO wish I could be in two places at once!! If I didn't already have plans for New Year's I'd be in Springfield in a heartbeat. I do hope other people will seize the opportunity to celebrate with great people. Helen and Lucy are more than worth it themselves!! Imagine how great it will be with others!

We'll connect one party to another that night!! hug
12/11/2012 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: Thanks, Helen, for coming up with this idea. It will be nice to end the year with plans and start t...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Thanks, Helen, for coming up with this idea. It will be nice to end the year with plans and start the Holy Day with 'two or three' gathered in His name.

I know Springfield has a First Night event, too, though I know little about it. I'll throw that into the mix, though I'm ALL for staying in or going out.

--hide--

Lucy, attending 'First Night' is another good idea and I am certainly open to going that route...we could have dinner at one of the downtown restaurants in between the different events. It has been awhile since I have gone to First Night but enjoyed it in the past and it has been going strong for some 26 years locally. I will post a link to our local Art's Council website as it hosts First Night and tells more about it and the different entertainment.

If anyone else has ideas feel free to make suggestions. We are flexible as well as fun! wink

Dawn, we are sooooo going to miss you sad ...really enjoyed ringing in the New Year with you and the others last year!! smile I know you will have a great time out East celebrating with other special friends, though. heart

12/11/2012 new

Okay, here is the link to the entertainment line-up at 'First Night'....sounds like there will be plenty of great stuff...music, dance, comedy, Route 66 Film Festival, and even Elvis! cool wink

www.springfieldartsco.org

12/13/2012 new

clap clap Helen and Lucy, this sounds wonderful! What a great way to ring in the New Year - with dear friends, laughter, music, food and fellowship! Sure beats staying home alone! No excuse to have a boring NYE! hug

Thanks for making accommodations easy for travelers too - that makes all the difference in the world. In Indy we get folks from all over since it's affordable fun. heart

ANYONE within driving distance - consider getting together with these fabulous girls. They are a lot of fun - you'll have a great time! Guaranteed!

12/13/2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Helen and Lucy, this sounds wonderful! What a great way to ring in the New Year - with dear friend...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Helen and Lucy, this sounds wonderful! What a great way to ring in the New Year - with dear friends, laughter, music, food and fellowship! Sure beats staying home alone! No excuse to have a boring NYE!

Thanks for making accommodations easy for travelers too - that makes all the difference in the world. In Indy we get folks from all over since it's affordable fun.

ANYONE within driving distance - consider getting together with these fabulous girls. They are a lot of fun - you'll have a great time! Guaranteed!

--hide--
Thanks, Mary! It will be fun and I hope people will join in....in ringing out the old year and bringing in a new, wonderful 2013 with some new friends!! I have been sending announcements to people within driving distance and am going to be sending out more. Anyone who might be interested don't hesitate to post here or you can private message me now that I have re-activated my membership. biggrin

12/13/2012 new

(Quote) Helen-407474 said: Okay, here is the link to the entertainment line-up at 'First Night'....sounds like there...
(Quote) Helen-407474 said:

Okay, here is the link to the entertainment line-up at 'First Night'....sounds like there will be plenty of great stuff...music, dance, comedy, Route 66 Film Festival, and even Elvis!

www.springfieldartsco.org

--hide--

Thanks for the link, Helen. I didn't know this was put on by the arts council. I'm eager to see YOUR artwork again, too. Any chance I can get a preview of your recently commissioned work? (It's very cool knowing a true painter!)

12/13/2012 new

(Quote) Lucy-41785 said: Thanks for the link, Helen. I didn't know this was put on by the arts council. I'm...
(Quote) Lucy-41785 said:

Thanks for the link, Helen. I didn't know this was put on by the arts council. I'm eager to see YOUR artwork again, too. Any chance I can get a preview of your recently commissioned work? (It's very cool knowing a true painter!)

--hide--
Yes, the local Arts Council puts on First Night and while I haven't attended in recent years I always enjoyed it when I did attend. There is wide variety of entertainment in the downtown area. I hope everyone feels they can post their opinions about activities on New Year's Eve...whether you want to do dinner and First Night or snacks/dinner here at my house and getting to know people in a more intimate environment...or other suggestions. We will definitely plan on Mass on New Year's Day and a brunch to follow. Afterwards we can talk, watch football smile , go to a movie, go for a hike, etc...

Please post even if you are just thinking about attending...or you may message me. A gentleman from Decatur messaged me this evening that he will probably be celebrating with us. Yay!!! biggrin So we do have a few people so far and I know of a couple of maybe's. Come on people, it is a New Year....make room for new friends and just maybe you will also find that special someone you came to CM to meet. wink I have made some wonderful friendships from having attended CM gatherings.

I will post more details later.

12/14/2012 new

Okay, so far we have:

Me -
Lucy
Rob (CM member) coming over from Indiana for New Year's Eve and New Year's Day;
Steven (CM member) coming over for New Year's Day;
Ileen - Peoria, maybe on both
Tom- Streator, maybe on both
Amy - (CM member) maybe on both

Okay, who else am I going to add to this list....have heard talk of maybe some others...??? It will be fun...step out of your comfort zone for the new year and join a CM gathering!!! wave

Posts 1 - 10 of 49