Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion related to learning about the faith (Catechetics), defense of the Faith (Apologetics), the Liturgy and canon law, motivated by a desire to grow closer to Christ or to bring someone else closer.

Saint Augustine of Hippo is considered on of the greatest Christian thinkers of all time and the Doctor of the Church.
Learn More: Saint Augustine

looking for discussion

Dec 13th 2012 new

Its a gift of the Holy Spirit. Some have it, so the answer to me is, yes.

Dec 13th 2012 new

Yes. We are ALL Prophets.

We are Baptized as Priest, Prophet & King.

Being a prophet is not to try to guess what's going to happen. Everytime we stand up for what Jesus taught us through his example, carried on by the Catholic Church, we are excercising our duty. Everytime we are a light in the darkeness of others, we are one. For example, this morning a coworkers asked me if she had done right by refussiong to carry a relic on a Procession down the Church... she's divorced, and did not want to create a stirr. I applauded her decision: she should do what her heart tells her, and be mindful of others as not to cause them to sin by gossiping. Was I a light for her? I would like to think that I have preached by example, exposing my weaknesses and showing that I come back to the Church for guidance when I sin.

Two of my favorite contemporary examples are Mother Therese of Calcutta and the Venerable Pope John Paul II - Santo Subito!

Mari

Dec 14th 2012 new
(Quote) Joanna-922084 said: looking for discussion
(Quote) Joanna-922084 said:

looking for discussion

--hide--

A prophet speaks the message God gives him or her to speak. No doubt JP2 was a prophet.
Dec 14th 2012 new
Yes, we are all prophets like some of you are saying. However I think we all have different gifts given by God. A prophet is a messenger of God. There are some people that have the gift of preaching. They are people of prayers. They live their lives as mere image of God. Therefore when they preach they touch lives because the Holy Spirit does it through them. They are only instruments of God. They allowed God to use them. Some of us might not be preachers, but doing God's will we can be His tools, his hands, feet, heart, mouth to help others in one way or the other.
Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) Joanna-922084 said: looking for discussion
(Quote) Joanna-922084 said:

looking for discussion

--hide--

Pope John Paul the second who is not only a prophet, but one of my heroes. I think Father Robert Barron is one as well. View his commentaries on youtube and see for yourself. Lots of good stuff.

Dec 16th 2012 new

One of our Disciples Thomas, "The Doubter"! Jesus saith unto him, Thomas, because thou hasn't seen me, thou hast believed:
blessed are they that have not seen, and yet have believed. It takes US, Believers!

Posts 1 - 7 of 7