Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people under 45. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

Frassati was dedicated to works of social action, charity, prayer and community.
Learn More:Pier Giorgio Frassati

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a wh...
(Quote) Marita-847688 said:

I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a while. I am 27 years old and suddenly I feel really old because I keep getting views from older men. I don't mind a few (FEW is the key word) years up or down. I actually feel like I'm quite flexible. I'm willing to go down up to 4 years and up up to 5 years. I wouldn't mind going a few years older if he has some of the qualities in there I like to see. I'll admit lately most of the guys who I've viewed or have viewed have been in that range, but I'm tired of men in in their 40's trying to contact me. Call me shallow, but here's how I see it. If I were to contact him, I'm saying I'm willing to go up at least 13 years. Would this same 40+ year old man be willing to go up 13 years to 53? I'm thinking since he's contacting much younger women the answer is no. More often than not, men in my preference category 23-32 or 33 contact me, but I get creeped out when much older men try to contact me. Ever since I turned 27, I've surrendered my right to date men my own age. I've seen post after post of men saying they'd be willing to go down to women MUCH younger but only a couple of years older. Why the hypocrsy?

I've followed some posts in the fora before, so I know this is the same tune under a different name. I'm pretty sure who is going to respond to this post since I have browsed the fora several times.

--hide--
If they come across your photo, men of all ages will definitely take a look. Can't blame a guy for looking -- and dreaming. wink biggrin

Dec 14th 2012 new

I'd just like to point out that St. Bernatette's father was 18 years older than her mother. If such a saint can be produced by that marriage than why are we complaining at all. The goal of marriage is to help your spouse to sanctity and be open to life in the marital act. Other things are mostly our selfishness shining through and putting OUR limitations on things instead of being open to what God wants.

Dec 14th 2012 new
Well I think it's your own right to choose the kind of men you want to date. I'd say you could specify in the 'seeking area' that you're not looking for men over 40 (which I do btw) And well, keep browsing only the kind of guys you feel you'd like. And hopefully one of them will contact you soon :)
Dec 15th 2012 new

Relax. You're under no obligation to contact any of these old guys. Just keep moving on til you find someone in your target age group and who sounds like a good guy. Many members are only browsing through the memberships and just reading the profiles. No harm in that. God bless.

Dec 15th 2012 new

(Quote) John-324285 said: I'd just like to point out that St. Bernatette's father was 18 years older than her mother...
(Quote) John-324285 said:

I'd just like to point out that St. Bernatette's father was 18 years older than her mother. If such a saint can be produced by that marriage than why are we complaining at all. The goal of marriage is to help your spouse to sanctity and be open to life in the marital act. Other things are mostly our selfishness shining through and putting OUR limitations on things instead of being open to what God wants.

--hide--

I understand that maybe God has someone planned for me outside of my age range-either up or down. In your example, the older one was the father-it usually is, but let's say the tables are turned. John, would you be willing to go up 18 years and date a 47 year old? There is nothing wrong with people dating others much younger or older, but I'm saying I'm not there yet. I'm attracted to people my own age, who have things in common with me.

Dec 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I understand that maybe God has someone planned for me outside of my age range-eith...

I understand that maybe God has someone planned for me outside of my age range-either up or down. In your example, the older one was the father-it usually is, but let's say the tables are turned. John, would you be willing to go up 18 years and date a 47 year old? There is nothing wrong with people dating others much younger or older, but I'm saying I'm not there yet. I'm attracted to people my own age, who have things in common with me.

--hide--

When I was in my early/mid-20's most of the women I dated were older than me - most just a few years older but one was 18 years older than me. While the latter was only for a very short time we are still friends to this day. biggrin

theheart

Dec 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Victor-544727 said: When I was in my early/mid-20's most of the women I dated were older than me - ...
(Quote) Victor-544727 said:

When I was in my early/mid-20's most of the women I dated were older than me - most just a few years older but one was 18 years older than me. While the latter was only for a very short time we are still friends to this day.

--hide--

I've always looked young for my age -- when I was 21 and working as a camp counselor, the 12 yo boys would be hitting on me -- very strange and kind of embarrassing! Now that I'm quite a lot older, I still don't know what to think when young guys hit on me -- I sometimes ask them if they go to school with my daughters and are mistaking me for them, just to gently discourage them. Usually it is the older men who do the hitting, and while I'm fine with 5 to maybe 10 years different, it does feel kinda sleazy to be contemplating those much older or much younger -- guess I'm just weird that way. There is a man 25 years older than me that goes to my church and is always overly complimentary about my looks and it really creeps me out but I can't seem to discourage him no matter what I say. I guess the lines we draw for ourselves can be so very different from the lines others draw.

Dec 15th 2012 new
(Quote) Marita-847688 said: I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a while. I am 27...

I'm new to the fora. This is only my second post, but I have been on Catholic Match for a while. I am 27 years old and suddenly I feel really old because I keep getting views from older men. I don't mind a few (FEW is the key word) years up or down. I actually feel like I'm quite flexible. I'm willing to go down up to 4 years and up up to 5 years. I wouldn't mind going a few years older if he has some of the qualities in there I like to see. I'll admit lately most of the guys who I've viewed or have viewed have been in that range, but I'm tired of men in in their 40's trying to contact me. Call me shallow, but here's how I see it. If I were to contact him, I'm saying I'm willing to go up at least 13 years. Would this same 40+ year old man be willing to go up 13 years to 53? I'm thinking since he's contacting much younger women the answer is no. More often than not, men in my preference category 23-32 or 33 contact me, but I get creeped out when much older men try to contact me. Ever since I turned 27, I've surrendered my right to date men my own age. I've seen post after post of men saying they'd be willing to go down to women MUCH younger but only a couple of years older. Why the hypocrsy?

I've followed some posts in the fora before, so I know this is the same tune under a different name. I'm pretty sure who is going to respond to this post since I have browsed the fora several times.

--hide--

This question relates to a problem I had once and posted up here. It was a bout a younger girl I was interested in but felt foolish approaching because of her age. What you say is exactly how I thought she would feel if I did, that is, "creeped out" and so I never made any attempt to speak to her. I think the reason some men prefer younger girls is that oftentimes, men who have never married don't really feel much different than when they were in their twenties and tend to think they still look the same! laughing Also, a young girl who is single doesn't likely have a background. Divorced, grown kids, set habits etc. No offense to the older girls here, but I'm sure many unmarried women would feel the same way. I've learned however, that reaching too far down or too high up agewise in dating isn't generally a good idea unless you get "lucky" without trying.
Dec 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Sergio-566645 said: This question relates to a problem I had once and posted up here. It was a bout a younger girl ...
(Quote) Sergio-566645 said:

This question relates to a problem I had once and posted up here. It was a bout a younger girl I was interested in but felt foolish approaching because of her age. What you say is exactly how I thought she would feel if I did, that is, "creeped out" and so I never made any attempt to speak to her. I think the reason some men prefer younger girls is that oftentimes, men who have never married don't really feel much different than when they were in their twenties and tend to think they still look the same! Also, a young girl who is single doesn't likely have a background. Divorced, grown kids, set habits etc. No offense to the older girls here, but I'm sure many unmarried women would feel the same way. I've learned however, that reaching too far down or too high up agewise in dating isn't generally a good idea unless you get "lucky" without trying.
--hide--

Now I'm starting to feel terrible just starting this post in the first place. Go ahead and ask her. No harm done.

Dec 15th 2012 new

(Quote) Marita-847688 said: Now I'm starting to feel terrible just starting this post in the first place. G...

Now I'm starting to feel terrible just starting this post in the first place. Go ahead and ask her. No harm done.

--hide--
Marita, this is a pertinent subject that deserves discussion. If you're thinking about it, then others are, too. It's OK to state an opinion. And it helps your visibility, too. lovestruck!

Posts 11 - 20 of 74