Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

A question to each gender

Dec 11th 2012 new
I started this thread: www.catholicmatch.com to see where the mindset of CMers was. Saddly some didnot think they were OGMBC = One of God's most Beautiful creations. Some thought I was talking physical appearance irked Grnisis tells us Adam didnot protect Eve as she was tempted by satan. Adam had to have told Eve of the rule not to eat from the tree of good and evil since Eve was not yet created when God told Adam.

Women of CM, do you feel men, I know this is a generality, are living upto their call to protect you? Do you have good examples in your life? Do you feel the men on CM are living their role better than the public?

CM men are you aware your role is to protect women? Are you willing to assume that roll?

The world will only recover once we learn, return to God's will. How soon will that be?
Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: I started this thread: www.catholicmatch.com to see where ...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: I started this thread: www.catholicmatch.com to see where the mindset of CMers was. Saddly some didnot think they were OGMBC = One of God's most Beautiful creations. Some thought I was talking physical appearance Grnisis tells us Adam didnot protect Eve as she was tempted by satan. Adam had to have told Eve of the rule not to eat from the tree of good and evil since Eve was not yet created when God told Adam.

Women of CM, do you feel men, I know this is a generality, are living upto their call to protect you? Do you have good examples in your life? Do you feel the men on CM are living their role better than the public?

CM men are you aware your role is to protect women? Are you willing to assume that roll?

The world will only recover once we learn, return to God's will. How soon will that be?
--hide--

That's a hard question to answer Clair. I don't think this is an ideal place, an online community, for a man to be able to protect me.

I think society has ruined the male/female roles But I have hope that the Catholic Church still has it correct.

I recently posted a link to Theology of the Body websites , for us to know our unique call to greatness Here is the link again.
thetheologyofthebody.com

Praying for us to know how wonderful God's design really is ... Praying rosary theheart

Dec 11th 2012 new

(Quote) Clair-6292 said: I started this thread: www.catholicmatch.com to see where ...
(Quote) Clair-6292 said: I started this thread: www.catholicmatch.com to see where the mindset of CMers was. Saddly some didnot think they were OGMBC = One of God's most Beautiful creations. Some thought I was talking physical appearance Grnisis tells us Adam didnot protect Eve as she was tempted by satan. Adam had to have told Eve of the rule not to eat from the tree of good and evil since Eve was not yet created when God told Adam.

--hide--

These are very good questions, Clair, and certainly are pertinent to the reason we all are on CM. I will have to think about them before I respond, but I will look forward to the responses will I consider what my answer might be. Thank you for giving us these questions to ponder, Clair.

- Elizabeth

Dec 11th 2012 new

--hide--
Interesting topic Clair. When I start to date... after a few dates and I can see that it is leading to more.... I state that I want my intended to protect me, specifically protect me spiritually through prayer. My experience (and I do not want to paint a broad sweep) is no, I have not felt protected by the man I was with. It is one of the most important things for me when being in a relationship.

Dec 12th 2012 new

I know several who do. Since my divorce several years ago, God has put them in my path or me in theirs repeatedly from repairmen to landlords to the bike store guy to professors to principals. I thought only the men I'd given birth to were willing to protect me, watch my back, help me. Stood to reason that there were other men out there who had a desire and willingness to protect women but I just never knew before how many were out there like I do now.

Dec 16th 2012 new

--hide--

Yes I know it's one role that I assume. Yes I have done it. Yes I would do it again. As far as when the world will turn back to God's will...God knows. But it's promised to us in the Book of Revelation.

Dec 16th 2012 new

I have a good friend who has gone through separation and divorce with me/while I was going through the same thing, and we pray and talk each other through many tough things. (In my marriage my ex never had my back -- he was the kind that would knock me down if the boogie man was chasing us just so I would get caught and he could get away!) And with my friend, I can feel protected and prayed for and safe -- even when I was going through a very hard time missing 'physical intimacy' I could ask for advice and prayer and he could talk me down and pray me through. He is kind of my 'template' for the man I hope to be blessed with. There are few men I've encountered lately that would 'protect his woman' but there are some out there!

Dec 16th 2012 new

That will:) knight-errant knight-errant

Dec 16th 2012 new
(Quote) David-820720 said: Yes I know it's one role that I assume. Yes I have done it. Yes I would do it again. As far ...
(Quote) David-820720 said:

Yes I know it's one role that I assume. Yes I have done it. Yes I would do it again. As far as when the world will turn back to God's will...God knows. But it's promised to us in the Book of Revelation.

--hide--

highfive David!
Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Laurie-523231 said: I know several who do. Since my divorce several years ago, God has put them in my path or me in ...
(Quote) Laurie-523231 said:

I know several who do. Since my divorce several years ago, God has put them in my path or me in theirs repeatedly from repairmen to landlords to the bike store guy to professors to principals. I thought only the men I'd given birth to were willing to protect me, watch my back, help me. Stood to reason that there were other men out there who had a desire and willingness to protect women but I just never knew before how many were out there like I do now.

--hide--

I agree and see it too, Laurie. I think once men see we are willing to be protected and vulnerable and we won't be offended by their chivalry, men like that are all around us. A kind word of encouragement for the smallest effort seems to inspire men to treat us/protect us. I also agree that the ultimate protection a man can give is by prayer and good words and actions and never wanting to scandalize or lead us toward sin. That is truly a knight in shining armour--a knight for Our Lady and for us!!

Posts 1 - 10 of 64