Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

Seeing double

Dec 17th 2012 new

I saw this article in the Daily Mail (frm the UK) of photos of unrelated people who looked similar. It reminded me of a few times growing up when strangers insisted that they had met me before even though they hadn't (like a mother of a classmate). I wondered if anyone else had a similar strange situation?

www.dailymail.co.uk

Dec 17th 2012 new
(Quote) Benjamin-661001 said: I saw this article in the Daily Mail (frm the UK) of photos of unrelated people who looked similar. It remin...
(Quote) Benjamin-661001 said:

I saw this article in the Daily Mail (frm the UK) of photos of unrelated people who looked similar. It reminded me of a few times growing up when strangers insisted that they had met me before even though they hadn't (like a mother of a classmate). I wondered if anyone else had a similar strange situation?

www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--

I have not seen anyone who looks like me... But last summer I saw a teen aged boy who acted and looked like my son.... I was thankful my niece was with me at the time because I thought it might be due to my grief that I found the similarity so thought provoking.... My niece agreed he looked and acted like my son did at that age.
Dec 17th 2012 new

I've never been confused for anyone famous irked , but I always seem to get the "Boy, you look just like my friend so-and-so's brother." If I had a dime for every time I've heard that one... eyepopping laughing

Dec 17th 2012 new

When I was a teenager I was often called "Belushi" (in tribute to the late John Belushi) whenever I would don a pair of dark sunglasses. Although I never quite saw the resemblance, many around me thought I was a dead ringer for his character in The Blues Brothers.

Not that I'm complaining, mind you.... it did get me a LOT of dates! wink

theheart

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Benjamin-661001 said: I saw this article in the Daily Mail (frm the UK) of photos of unrelated people who looked sim...

www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--

I had a twin at Wichita State. Never could manage to meet her.

Dec 19th 2012 new

I must be pretty generic looking because I am often mistaken for other people -- once in college, in the field house (where all the football team has there locker rooms, coaches offices, etc, but the cross country team cmet there to to stretch before practice, etc, I was only 3 feet from a guy before he realised I wasn't his fiance -- I was so scared because he was coming at me with definite purpose! He fully thought I was his girl and was moving in for a big hug and kiss and he was a bi-i-ig linebacker!! We were alone in the long hall and I'm only 5'4" 120 to his 6' 200 and I was frozen with fear in the seconds between when I realized his intention and he realized his error!But I definitely get mistaken for others and even told by someone they saw me somewhere but I know I wasn't there! Moreso when I had shorter hair though -- now my hair does seem to be most distinctive.

Dec 19th 2012 new

**more distinguishing** -- sorry for typos!!

Dec 19th 2012 new

My twin is "Jackie" from Roseanne. I get told that all the time laughing

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I must be pretty generic looking because I am often mistaken for other people -- once in college...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I must be pretty generic looking because I am often mistaken for other people -- once in college, in the field house (where all the football team has there locker rooms, coaches offices, etc, but the cross country team cmet there to to stretch before practice, etc, I was only 3 feet from a guy before he realised I wasn't his fiance -- I was so scared because he was coming at me with definite purpose! He fully thought I was his girl and was moving in for a big hug and kiss and he was a bi-i-ig linebacker!! We were alone in the long hall and I'm only 5'4" 120 to his 6' 200 and I was frozen with fear in the seconds between when I realized his intention and he realized his error!But I definitely get mistaken for others and even told by someone they saw me somewhere but I know I wasn't there! Moreso when I had shorter hair though -- now my hair does seem to be most distinctive.

--hide--

Rachel, I am really glad that big linebacker looked again!! Yikes! faint duck smile

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Benjamin-661001 said: I saw this article in the Daily Mail (frm the UK) of photos of unrelated people who looked sim...

www.dailymail.co.uk

--hide--
Oh yes, Benjamin. I have people at work say I look just like their aunt or sister or friend. As long as they don't say
I look like someone's GRANDMOTHER I am okay with it!!!!laughing laughing laughing

Posts 1 - 10 of 10