Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Dear CM,

I just sent in a help ticket regarding my matches through the new matching system. This is the second ticket I have submitted regarding this subject. CM 's first response is that my matches would be within the criteria I set up in the old matching system, within 75 miles. I checked my matches and 90% of them were from the San Francisco area. I live in LA county so those matches are over 400 miles away. I also had a match from Arizona. Why would CM overlook the distance in creating these matches??? It is really a waste of time to communicate with a member that lives 6 hours or more away.

I know this new system is still being worked out but how can the distance between members be overlooked like that? Is there a shortage of members at this time? I do not get it. Thanks.

Sep 2nd 2012 new

Not quite that far but all the matches sent under the new system are in Pa. My location and old matching system settings were also listed at 100 miles or less

Steve wave

Sep 3rd 2012 new

It's my understanding that the new "match" system has nothing to do with distance or religious practice, or height or anything else. It's a psychological matching test, a la eharmony.

If you want to find someone of a certain demographic/geography, that is a saved search that you make up, run once, and then the system will update that search for you automatically. Sounds like that is the kind of matching update you are looking for.

Sep 3rd 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: It's my understanding that the new "match" system has nothing to do with distance or re...
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

It's my understanding that the new "match" system has nothing to do with distance or religious practice, or height or anything else. It's a psychological matching test, a la eharmony.

If you want to find someone of a certain demographic/geography, that is a saved search that you make up, run once, and then the system will update that search for you automatically. Sounds like that is the kind of matching update you are looking for.

--hide--

I think what they are expecting is a combination of the two: a filter on the psychological match that rejects those who don't meet distance, height, religious practice, etc. criteria. One possibility would be to add an option to the search feature to search only from the match results rather than the CM membership as a whole. This way the demographic filtering can be added without changing the match feature and the criteria could be adjusted at will without having to redo the entire match profile each time.

Nov 28th 2012 new

The matching system instructions state, "Your feedback here will help us deliver better matches in the future." If I am turning down a match based on criteria not used in the matching algorithm, such as being hundreds of miles apart and unable to relocate, then it would appear that I am corrupting my own match criteria by turning down someone who would otherwise be a great match. Would I be better off simply ignoring a match that is too far away (giving no feedback) or selecting the No button (giving possibly misleading feedback)?

Dec 16th 2012 new

One of my recent matches is a MARRIED CM STAFF MEMBER. Her picture is in her wedding veil. rolling eyes So much for the new matching system. Seems that the married folk that still have reasons for being on CM should be programmed out of the match system. eyepopping

Dec 16th 2012 new

(Quote) John-847566 said: The matching system instructions state, "Your feedback here will help us deliver better match...
(Quote) John-847566 said:

The matching system instructions state, "Your feedback here will help us deliver better matches in the future." If I am turning down a match based on criteria not used in the matching algorithm, such as being hundreds of miles apart and unable to relocate, then it would appear that I am corrupting my own match criteria by turning down someone who would otherwise be a great match. Would I be better off simply ignoring a match that is too far away (giving no feedback) or selecting the No button (giving possibly misleading feedback)?

--hide--
CM Admin, John's questions are pertinent. Can we get some feedback from you? I want to spend my precious time wisely on here.

Dec 16th 2012 new

The new matching system is matching you by Communication Style and Compatibility.. Not by MILEAGE.. It's doing what is was designed to do by the way you answered the questions on the test..

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-83441 said: The new matching system is matching you by Communication Style and Compat...
(Quote) Donna-83441 said:

The new matching system is matching you by Communication Style and Compatibility.. Not by MILEAGE.. It's doing what is was designed to do by the way you answered the questions on the test..

--hide--

Donna,

My experience agrees with what you are saying. On the other hand, if you can access Help Ticket BZGOXBMC, you'll see that Customer Support has a different point of view. I'd like to suggest that instructions be posted for the Matching System that clearly state what feedback the Yes, No and Unsure buttons CURRENTLY provide. I suspect that I'm not the only one puzzeled by this. As the Matching System algorithm evolves, the posted information can be updated accordingly.

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) John-847566 said: Donna, My experience agrees with what you are saying. On the other hand, if you ca...
(Quote) John-847566 said:

Donna,

My experience agrees with what you are saying. On the other hand, if you can access Help Ticket BZGOXBMC, you'll see that Customer Support has a different point of view. I'd like to suggest that instructions be posted for the Matching System that clearly state what feedback the Yes, No and Unsure buttons CURRENTLY provide. I suspect that I'm not the only one puzzeled by this. As the Matching System algorithm evolves, the posted information can be updated accordingly.

--hide--

I have no access to Help Tickets.. My role is limited to Forum issues.. The only time the other party is notified is when you both say YES to the match..Then you are both notified.. So far the Matching System is a bust for me..I have said yes to several of them..Even ones I wasn't especially interested in, just to see if I got an answer back.. rolling eyes My friend Marge claims all men over 'a certain age' are dead.. I'm starting to wonder if she's not right.

Posts 1 - 10 of 13