Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Forum not initialized properly! Please check the link and try again.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for those who have lost a spouse and need support or who can provide support to those who have.

Saint Paula is the patron saint of widows and Saint Stephen is the patron saint of deacons
Learn More: Saint Stephen and Saint Paula

Dec 13th 2012 new

You are right Michele, we are too young for the "w" word!:) Did you have a terrible timethe first time you had to complete something that asked your marital status? Oh my...i was stunned!!!!

Then there was the first time I had to fill in paperwork that asked who to contact in "case of emergency"...it's those little things that really set me back.

hug

Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: You are right Michele, we are too young for the "w" word!:) Did you have a terrible timethe fi...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

You are right Michele, we are too young for the "w" word!:) Did you have a terrible timethe first time you had to complete something that asked your marital status? Oh my...i was stunned!!!!

Then there was the first time I had to fill in paperwork that asked who to contact in "case of emergency"...it's those little things that really set me back.

--hide--

Widows are suppose to be in their 80's with grey hair! Yep, all those firsts were so hard. But somehow God gives us the strength to get through it. The one thing that hit me from your initial post was "it only seems like yesterday that we had our husbands by our sides but then at the same time, it seems like forever ago". I come such a long way in such a short time . . . all though the grace of God! hug

Dec 13th 2012 new

Yep, all those firsts were so hard! I never knew how strong I was until I lost my husband. But now with the grace of God and through a lot of prayering, I know I am going to be all right. That doesn't me I don't have my low moments and start crying but overall I have much more peace and my faith is stronger than ever! Hang in there! hug

Dec 13th 2012 new
(Quote) Michele-751203 said: Yep, all those firsts were so hard! I never knew how strong I was until I lost my husband. But now with the...
(Quote) Michele-751203 said:

Yep, all those firsts were so hard! I never knew how strong I was until I lost my husband. But now with the grace of God and through a lot of prayering, I know I am going to be all right. That doesn't me I don't have my low moments and start crying but overall I have much more peace and my faith is stronger than ever! Hang in there!

--hide--

The firsts are difficult - although mine was the loss of a child not a spouse. When you spend 22 years loving someone, talking to them daily suddenly not being able to chat with them makes it a bit more sad...
Dec 13th 2012 new

(Quote) Michele-751203 said: ....overall I have much more peace and my faith is stronger than ever! Hang in there!
(Quote) Michele-751203 said:

....overall I have much more peace and my faith is stronger than ever! Hang in there!

--hide--

it is a blessing to be able to appreciate our marriage! I am blessed to know how much my husband loved me and I loved him and that can never change!:)

Sharing faith -including on CM- is a comfort that does bring peace...

Dec 17th 2012 new

(Quote) Michele-910064 said: Hi All, I lost my husband of 25 years a year and a half ago...seems forever-seems like y...
(Quote) Michele-910064 said:

Hi All,

I lost my husband of 25 years a year and a half ago...seems forever-seems like yesterday. I'm just wondering if anyone has had it more dificult that second time through holidays. I don't remember too much about last years Christmas season, but I do know I did not seem as full of tears. Ornaments, decorations and songs all seem to "hurt" more this year.

Any thoughts? Thanks!

--hide--

Michele... I am finding it harder as time goes by. I lost my husband of 35 years in 2010 and although I missed him a lot that first Christmas, I was busy with kids and grandkids and it was not too terrible. Last year I really started missing my huband a lot, once the holidays approached and this year and I am finding it more difficult than ever. I celebrate the birth of Christ, but otherwise I am not decorating my house and I want no reminders of Christmas. My husband and I picked our tree together for years and then we'd spend time putting the lights and decorating it. My husband put up the most beautiful Christmas trees and I just can't see myself putting up one without him, so I've gone without one for the past 2 and this Christmas. It depresses me too much.

Dec 18th 2012 new
Michele-910064 said: "Then there was the first time I had to fill in paperwork that asked who to contact in "case of emergency"...it's those little things that really set me back." [/quote]

They do me, too! Sadly, I really don't have an emergency contact.
Dec 18th 2012 new
I was 38 when my husband passed away. We met when I was 16. He was my best friend for the vast majority of the time that we knew each other.
Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Maria-846262 said: Michele... I am finding it harder as time goes by. I lost my husband of 35 years in ...
(Quote) Maria-846262 said:

Michele... I am finding it harder as time goes by. I lost my husband of 35 years in 2010 and although I missed him a lot that first Christmas, I was busy with kids and grandkids and it was not too terrible. Last year I really started missing my huband a lot, once the holidays approached and this year and I am finding it more difficult than ever. I celebrate the birth of Christ, but otherwise I am not decorating my house and I want no reminders of Christmas. My husband and I picked our tree together for years and then we'd spend time putting the lights and decorating it. My husband put up the most beautiful Christmas trees and I just can't see myself putting up one without him, so I've gone without one for the past 2 and this Christmas. It depresses me too much.

--hide--

Maria, I am so sorry about your memories of the tree...It's wierd, the memories are sweet and also very painful. It is that which drives me so crazy. I love thinking about the wonderful things but then the sadness follows!

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Michele-910064 said: "Then there was the first time I had to fill in paperwork that asked who to co...
(Quote) Helen-450889 said: Michele-910064 said: "Then there was the first time I had to fill in paperwork that asked who to contact in "case of emergency"...it's those little things that really set me back." [/quote]

They do me, too! Sadly, I really don't have an emergency contact.
--hide--

My son was 24 and I had to choose him. I hate it...it feels so wrong. Do you have children?

How about when you have to check your "marital status" and there is no "widowed" box...I refuse to check "single", so I make my own box next to the word "widowed" and then check it really big. :)lol

Posts 31 - 40 of 46