Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Devoted to discussion pertaining to those issues which are specifically relevant to people 45+. Topics must have a specific perspective of people in this age group for it to be on topic.

The story of Abraham and Sarah is told in chapters 11-25 of the book of Genesis.
Learn More:Abraham & Sarah

I'm wondering what to do with my hair and open to ideas! I had straight hair until my 20's and then it became progressively curlier. I used to always have it short -- I was always in the pool swimming laps or on the road running and training so it was easier. Now it's getting long and so curly! I don't know what to do with it. I want to not spend a long time fixing it each day but I want to look nice. Many people say once you are 40 you have to go short. I like it long but must pull it up and restrain it for work, which on some days it difficult -- it has a mind of it's own and likes to be free and 'wild' sometimes. What do you think about hair styles that are attractive on the over 40 woman? Anyone what to (gently) give me suggestions? I guess you have to creep on my profile to see me better, though. Who else has curly hair and what do you do? Thank you!!

Dec 18th 2012 new

While this may be better suited for the women's only forum if you are looking for advice on technique. But I was just having a discussion the other day with friends on long hair on women and their age. In my mother's generation you rarely saw women with long hair after 40 and if you did it was up in a bun or chignon. As you can see, I will hit an age milestone pretty soon and am wondering if I look funny with long hair given my age (mine is almost to my waist in the back) and if I should cut it shorter. I prefer it long, myself. I can just tie it in a knot on top of my head if I want to get it out of the way.

I look forward to other's perspectives and suggestions.

Cat

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I'm wondering what to do with my hair and open to ideas! I had straight hair until my 20'...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

I'm wondering what to do with my hair and open to ideas! I had straight hair until my 20's and then it became progressively curlier. I used to always have it short -- I was always in the pool swimming laps or on the road running and training so it was easier. Now it's getting long and so curly! I don't know what to do with it. I want to not spend a long time fixing it each day but I want to look nice. Many people say once you are 40 you have to go short. I like it long but must pull it up and restrain it for work, which on some days it difficult -- it has a mind of it's own and likes to be free and 'wild' sometimes. What do you think about hair styles that are attractive on the over 40 woman? Anyone what to (gently) give me suggestions? I guess you have to creep on my profile to see me better, though. Who else has curly hair and what do you do? Thank you!!

--hide--
One way to find out is to have your hair cut to a reasonably short length and see how it looks. Consult with friends who can be upfront and honest with you -- either way. Try it for awhile to see if it's easier to maintain.

Some women look better with long hair; some look better with short hair. A third group looks good either way.

On the positive side, if the short hair doesn't work for you, it will grow out again. During that time, you might experiment with different styles, as long as they aren't bizarre (but that doesn't seem like you anyway). I don't see that reaching age 40 is an automatic trigger for radical changes, as long as the style is sensible.

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Ray-566531 said: I don't see that reaching age 40 is an automatic trigger for radical changes, as long as the st...
(Quote) Ray-566531 said:

I don't see that reaching age 40 is an automatic trigger for radical changes, as long as the style is sensible.

--hide--

Soooo, mullets are out? tongue

Cat

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I'm wondering what to do with my hair and open to ideas! I had straight hair until my 20'...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

--hide--
I still have my big bar hair from the '80's laughing

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Cat-163322 said: Soooo, mullets are out? Cat
(Quote) Cat-163322 said:

Soooo, mullets are out?

Cat

--hide--
That would be a good guess, Cat... laughing

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: I still have my big bar hair from the '80's
(Quote) Nancy-632072 said:

I still have my big bar hair from the '80's

--hide--
It's still impressive, and it works for you!!! (That's what counts.) wink hug

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: I still have my big bar hair from the '80's

--hide--
I don't have my hair from the 80's......

(Well, not as much of it, anway....) laughing

Dec 18th 2012 new

My daughter, 18, says that if I cut my hair, I'll look like a grandmother, that only old women wear their hair short... My hair ir unruly like me: very straight in the front, wavy in the back.

I let it grow and, as soon as I can get 10" chopped off without looking like a schoolboy (been there, done that, embarrassed my kids), I donate it to the Foundation of Children with Lukemia. That keeps the Bad Hair Days in perspective.

Mari

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Nancy-632072 said: (Quote) Rachel-731570 said: I'm wondering what to do with my hair and ...

Quote:
Rachel-731570 said:

--hide--

Ms. Fancy Dancy Nancy,

I disagree. Your do predates the 80s by a long shot - I think?? Personally, I like those types you have to style with a vacuum cleaner. I'll bet it can hold a lot of snow before your head starts to hurt. duck laughing laughing

Seriously, to me that hair style is you and fits your facial features. I love it. Not everyone can wear their hair like Cher. But then, I am from Texas. What do I know? Absolutely nada. Hee Haw!! cowboy laughing

Stay cool.

Blessings, Praying hug rose wave

Leon

Posts 1 - 10 of 84