Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion on entertainment, movies, television, jokes or light-hearted topics. Please keep discussion clean and appropriate for a Catholic site.

Saint Vitus is the patron saint of actors, comedians, dancers, and of entertainers in general.
Learn More:Saint Vitus

I've never been a stamp or rock or thimble or spoon traditional collector-type, but I do love certain things and maybe am a becoming a collector after all!

I have small collections of rocking horse decorations, and nutcrackers, and medium-sized collections of angels and cats, and a larger collection of nativity sets.

Anyone else care to share? And can we share pictures too? biggrin

Is this too geeky? embarassed

Dec 19th 2012 new

My biggest problem is that I have way too many collections of way too many different things, resulting in way too much clutter in my world embarassed As it is, so much of my stuff is in boxes, and the stacks of boxes make it difficult to display and enjoy them, so I'm trying to define what it is that I want to collect, and then concentrate on quality instead of quantity.

One category that I do like to collect is items that were used as an expression of one's faith. For example, I go to a lot of estate sales, and I always look for old crosses, statues, prayer books, artwork or other religious items that the family had around their house. I'm needing to refine this collection to older items especially.

Another category is toys, again I'm trying to get it narrowed down to things from the 50's - 60's especially (i.e. my childhood era). I like old Lionel trains, cars, etc. A couple of eBay acquisitions I made in the last year or so were a Mr Ed hand puppet (you pull the string and he says "Wilburrrr" laughing), and a Sixfinger still in the original packaging, which I have in a frame.

Now if only I can get past all of the boxes of Hot Wheels, model trains of all sizes, bears, books, record albums, tapes, movies, etc. that are in my basement to get at the "good stuff" faint

Dec 19th 2012 new

Oh! I forgot about my collection of crosses and crucifixes! I have a big house and have many in every room -- well, except the bathrooms -- I wasn't sure it that would be rude?

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Michael-76823 said: My biggest problem is that I have way too many collections of way too many different things, res...
(Quote) Michael-76823 said:

My biggest problem is that I have way too many collections of way too many different things, resulting in way too much clutter in my world As it is, so much of my stuff is in boxes, and the stacks of boxes make it difficult to display and enjoy them, so I'm trying to define what it is that I want to collect, and then concentrate on quality instead of quantity.

One category that I do like to collect is items that were used as an expression of one's faith. For example, I go to a lot of estate sales, and I always look for old crosses, statues, prayer books, artwork or other religious items that the family had around their house. I'm needing to refine this collection to older items especially.

Another category is toys, again I'm trying to get it narrowed down to things from the 50's - 60's especially (i.e. my childhood era). I like old Lionel trains, cars, etc. A couple of eBay acquisitions I made in the last year or so were a Mr Ed hand puppet (you pull the string and he says "Wilburrrr" ), and a Sixfinger still in the original packaging, which I have in a frame.

Now if only I can get past all of the boxes of Hot Wheels, model trains of all sizes, bears, books, record albums, tapes, movies, etc. that are in my basement to get at the "good stuff"

--hide--
Michael I loved Mr. Ed. I also liked to watch Lost in Space but doubt there were momentos there. I was on Ranger Andy if that
counts for anything and have a pic with him. I do like to collect cups and saucers and display them on the wall. I have a small collection
of angels but that is about all. I don't like alot of clutter. Good luck to you Michael in sorting out your stuff.

Dec 19th 2012 new

Patriotic Snowmen

Dec 26th 2012 new

once we put the Christmas decorations away after Epiphany, I'll put out all my snowmen -- I love little snowmen! And then in February I'll put out my heart boxes! I guess I collect seasonal decorations too.

Dec 28th 2012 new

I collect dust. laughing

Angels, horses, dogs, chickens, horse books, snowmen, planters, old radio shows, and anything that reminds me of "the farm."

Used to collect teapots, creamers & little pitchers, vintage hats, Beatles and "Andy Griffith Show" memorabilia.

Posts 1 - 7 of 7