Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

member or not

Dec 19th 2012 new

How do you tell if some one is a nonmember or a nonpaying member, so you dont waste time sending them message?

Dec 19th 2012 new

As stated in the Help section:

Q:
How can I tell if someone has a subscription?

A: It is not possible to determine from someone's profile whether they have a current subscription.

We hear from many members who decided to subscribe because they were contacted by someone of interest. Many paid members would never contact someone who they know does not yet have a subscription and as a result, many people would miss their opportunity to meet their matches if we provided such a designation.

The bottom line is that if someone is interested, regardless of their subscription status at the time that you make contact, they will respond.

theheart

Dec 19th 2012 new

If they post in the forums they are a paying member. Take their member number, under the "tools" section of the forums (see that wrench and screw driver to the upper right of our text here?) and search all the forums for every post a person has made.

If their profile shows they have lots of posts in the forums, they are more likely a paying member (or have been in the past, and could be in the future again).

If they are online right now, they are more likely to be a paying member.

If they have been active in the last 14 days, they are more likely to be a paying member.

Other than that, you can't know. Send a short note (that you don't spend 1/2 your evening on), and be detached about the result, and see what happens, and if nothing happens, move on. That's how it works!

Good luck!

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Pat-5351 said: If they post in the forums they are a paying member.
(Quote) Pat-5351 said:

If they post in the forums they are a paying member.

--hide--

Generally true, except during the past week which was an open posting period. Also note that non-paying member may post in the Community Help forum at any time.

Dec 19th 2012 new
If the person's profile looks interesting go ahead and send a short message. It really isn't that great of an investment in time. Knowing that someone is a paid member is no guarantee that you will get a reply, and conversely just because they aren't a paying member doesn't mean they aren't on the fence and maybe they might join if someone they find interesting contacts them.
Dec 19th 2012 new

Thanks a lot for all of your advice I will use some of these techniques to see who is who, BTW I am sure all the Ladies that did not return my message are no longer a member lol.....=)

Dec 19th 2012 new

Tele - what a coincidence, you and I have sent messages to exactly the same women. We should have played the lottery. LOL!!!!

Dec 19th 2012 new

You are probably right! Really!

I'm finding that I don't get responses because I'm sending messages to "members" who are not paying for subscriptions. They can't even read the messages. There aren't as many members as it seems here.

I've asked CM why they don't designate members who are eligible to send/receive messages vs. members who are not so that we would know if a person is even capable of reading a message before we take the time to send one. Unfortunately, CM did not respond to me. Maybe if they hear from more members they would consider making a simple change to this site to improve the overall experience for their paying customers.

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Amie-922461 said: You are probably right! Really! I'm finding that I don't get responses because I...
(Quote) Amie-922461 said:

You are probably right! Really!

I'm finding that I don't get responses because I'm sending messages to "members" who are not paying for subscriptions. They can't even read the messages. There aren't as many members as it seems here.

I've asked CM why they don't designate members who are eligible to send/receive messages vs. members who are not so that we would know if a person is even capable of reading a message before we take the time to send one. Unfortunately, CM did not respond to me. Maybe if they hear from more members they would consider making a simple change to this site to improve the overall experience for their paying customers.

--hide--

The problem is that the change you are suggesting only improves the experience from one perspective. There are been many relationships and marriages that started when a paying member sent a non-paying member a message and the latter subscribed to read it. Had the paying member known the other person could not read the message, it might never have been sent.

Keep in mind that CM is a business -- they need paying members to continue operating. I don't think it is at all unreasonable for them to take advantage of human curiosity to increase their revenue (referring to legitimate messages sent my other members; I am not suggesting that they plant messages to entice people to subscribe or advocating that they do so.)

Dec 19th 2012 new

Jerry, paying members would still have the option to contact non-paying members. Saying they would be less likely to do so is purely speculation! If I was truly interested in a non-paying member, I would most certainly click on the option to "INVITE MEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE" and see what they decided to do. Is there anyone else who would do that????

I believe there is a very reasonable way to improve your site while still being straight-forward and honest. There are many successful businesses that operate by being staight-forward and honest AND listening to their customers!!!!

Posts 1 - 10 of 11