Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Dec 19th 2012 new

After that incident of the car crashing through the front doors, I wonder how many people recommended that we should ban cars over a certain weight or horsepower? scratchchin scratchchin I suspect none did.

Ed

Dec 19th 2012 new
Excellent post. Mary, refuge of sinners, pray for us!
Dec 19th 2012 new
Amen! Thanks Alice.
Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Thess-624577 said: I say: NO BADGE, NO GUN! It doesn't matter if it's lega...
(Quote) Thess-624577 said:

I say: NO BADGE, NO GUN!

It doesn't matter if it's legally purchase or not. Guns are meant to shoot people not cats or dogs. So owning one means shooting a person one way or another. Look at what happened in CT. The mother legally owns the gun... was she able to control the consequence of owning it? NO!!! Kids died and our nation's heart is bleeding. End of story.

--hide--

Then I say: DEPUTIZE US!

So what are some real answers? For one thing, let's look more closely at what happened in CT; where the Sandy Hook school went on lock-down and the kids did as they were trained to do. Did the trainging work, and save lives? No, they did not.

What happened when the school locked down? The teachers and kids got locked in with their assassin, and he could apparently take his time. If anything, Sandy Hook, like Aurora Colorado demonstrated the failure of gun restrictions and "gun free" zones; December the 13th may go down as CT State Failure Day.

So maybe instead of banning the guns, deputize the teachers and allow them to be armed so they can protect against killers with deadly force. They also need to re-assess what they are drilling kids to do since hiding them in a "safe room" to cower didn't work.

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Then I say: DEPUTIZE US! So what are some real answers? For one thing, let's...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Then I say: DEPUTIZE US!

So what are some real answers? For one thing, let's look more closely at what happened in CT; where the Sandy Hook school went on lock-down and the kids did as they were trained to do. Did the trainging work, and save lives? No, they did not.

What happened when the school locked down? The teachers and kids got locked in with their assassin, and he could apparently take his time. If anything, Sandy Hook, like Aurora Colorado demonstrated the failure of gun restrictions and "gun free" zones; December the 13th may go down as CT State Failure Day.

So maybe instead of banning the guns, deputize the teachers and allow them to be armed so they can protect against killers with deadly force. They also need to re-assess what they are drilling kids to do since hiding them in a "safe room" to cower didn't work.

--hide--

BTW, as context I should also add, as I think I have before, that Sandy Hook aside, the homicide rate has fallen to the lowest level since 1964. Gun control isn't about safety, it's about control.

upload.wikimedia.org

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Thess-624577 said: I say: NO BADGE, NO GUN! It doesn't matter if it's lega...
(Quote) Thess-624577 said:

I say: NO BADGE, NO GUN!

It doesn't matter if it's legally purchase or not. Guns are meant to shoot people not cats or dogs. So owning one means shooting a person one way or another. Look at what happened in CT. The mother legally owns the gun... was she able to control the consequence of owning it? NO!!! Kids died and our nation's heart is bleeding. End of story.

--hide--

As many a cop has remarked to me: "When seconds count, the police are only minutes away!"

Most guns never shoot anything but a piece of paper on a target range. There are also tens of millions of firearms in this country, but yet there are not tens of millions of people getting shot. So the notion that "owning one means shooting a person one way or another" is clearly a wild exaggeration.

Dec 19th 2012 new
What a heartbreaking story. May we not get over it soon. It deserves our mourning. God bless, and God bless all touched by this.
Dec 19th 2012 new
(Quote) Michael-556947 said: Bring back prayer and the pledge of allegiance back into the school there would be lot less violence . ...
(Quote) Michael-556947 said:

Bring back prayer and the pledge of allegiance back into the school there would be lot less violence .

--hide--

Someone posted this on FB a few days ago.

Dec 20th 2012 new
(Quote) John-711000 said: All gun laws should be elimanted as the second amendment clearly states "shall not be infri...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

All gun laws should be elimanted as the second amendment clearly states "shall not be infringed". Guns like any other weapon should only be used in self defense.

--hide--

Amen!
Dec 20th 2012 new
Jesus did say in the bible to sell your cloak to buy a sword and two swords are enough.
Posts 41 - 50 of 200