Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This is the place to post any questions about the way that CatholicMatch works or make suggestions. This room is open to both free and subscribing members.

Saint Anthony is the patron of lost things and missing persons.
Learn More:Saint Anthony

Dec 19th 2012 new

This site is freezing up tonight...Victor, I agree with you.

Dec 19th 2012 new

Stay warm, Meg! biggrin

Dec 19th 2012 new

A lot of people disagree with the way this element of CM is programmed... the posts and poll are your proof.

This boils down to intentionally withholding membership status information so that paying members will hopefully gain CM more paying members! Can you please explain to me how that is ethical? Adding a designation of membership status and an option "Invite Member to Subscribe" just as you have options to invite members to share photos, etc. is a viable option! It would be straight-forward and honest. It would show a good-faith effort to satisfy what the majority are asking for.

I think providing a true representation of membership (subscribers and non-subscribers) is reasonable. I don't think that misleading people is ever the right thing to do. Do you realize that the sites that do not designate themselves as "Catholic" do openly disclose this type of information?

I've already paid for a membership so while I'm here, I (like so many other members) am requesting that CM give some thoughtful consideration to this matter and to how intentionally withholding information fits into doing business in an ethical manner consistent with the teachings of the Church. I think that is very reasonable. And as far as gaining paying customers goes, I don't plan to renew my subscription!

Victor and Meg, I think you worry too much about rejection. If someone is capable of reading a message and doesn't respond, he/she just isn't your match... not a big deal... just stay positive and open minded about the next person. I don't have a PhD in psychology so I'm not going to speculate about how a read and unresponded to vs. an unread and unresponded to message impacts peoples' feelings. And different people view this differently anyway. I'm just asking for CM to be open to providing a designation of whether or not a person is capable of sending and receiving messages... disclosure of whether a person can use a feature on this site or not... openness! Just like I value openness in a relationship!

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Amie-922461 said: A lot of people disagree with the way this element of CM is programmed... the posts and poll are y...
(Quote) Amie-922461 said:

A lot of people disagree with the way this element of CM is programmed... the posts and poll are your proof.

This boils down to intentionally withholding membership status information so that paying members will hopefully gain CM more paying members! Can you please explain to me how that is ethical? Adding a designation of membership status and an option "Invite Member to Subscribe" just as you have options to invite members to share photos, etc. is a viable option! It would be straight-forward and honest. It would show a good-faith effort to satisfy what the majority are asking for.

I think providing a true representation of membership (subscribers and non-subscribers) is reasonable. I don't think that misleading people is ever the right thing to do. Do you realize that the sites that do not designate themselves as "Catholic" do openly disclose this type of information?

I've already paid for a membership so while I'm here, I (like so many other members) am requesting that CM give some thoughtful consideration to this matter and to how intentionally withholding information fits into doing business in an ethical manner consistent with the teachings of the Church. I think that is very reasonable. And as far as gaining paying customers goes, I don't plan to renew my subscription!

Victor and Meg, I think you worry too much about rejection. If someone is capable of reading a message and doesn't respond, he/she just isn't your match... not a big deal... just stay positive and open minded about the next person. I don't have a PhD in psychology so I'm not going to speculate about how a read and unresponded to vs. an unread and unresponded to message impacts peoples' feelings. And different people view this differently anyway. I'm just asking for CM to be open to providing a designation of whether or not a person is capable of sending and receiving messages... disclosure of whether a person can use a feature on this site or not... openness! Just like I value openness in a relationship!

--hide--

Welcome to CM. Of your first 8 posts, 6 are complaints about a single subject. You're off to a great start. wink

For someone who has been here, at the most, 2-3 weeks, you seem to have an awful lot of information - particularly about these polls that you keep referencing which, by the way, don't exist.

I would, however, temper the claims of unethical business practices. They could be deemed libelous.

Just my two cents Carry on!

theheart

Dec 19th 2012 new

So are you saying that you've been on this site a long time, Victor? Well, hopefully someday it will work for you! In the meantime, enjoy!

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Amie-922461 said: Hi Jerry, If a paying member is REALLY interested in a non-paying member, they could certai...

Hi Jerry,

If a paying member is REALLY interested in a non-paying member, they could certainly say, "Hey, I'd really like you to sign up so we can chat!" And that could be accomplished by CM adding an option that is "INVITE MEMBER TO SUBSCRIBE" just like you have options to invite members to add photos, etc.

This is an area of dissatisfaction for many of your customers. And there certainly is a very simple solution that would satisfy your paying customers and still result in your paying members encouraging others to subscribe... so still gaining CM more revenue which seems to be the real sticking point!

But once we've paid for the subscription, we're stuck so customer service just doesn't seem to matter. The number of posts and the poll speak very clearly!

--hide--

Having been through many, many of these discussion in 8+ years on CM, the overwhelming majority of the paying members who argue for wanting to know which members are paying is so they don't "waste" their time writing to someone who can't respond.

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Amie-922461 said: So are you saying that you've been on this site a long time, Victor? Well, hopefully someday i...

So are you saying that you've been on this site a long time, Victor? Well, hopefully someday it will work for you! In the meantime, enjoy!

--hide--

A long time on this site? Absolutely not. However, every day that I have been on this site has "worked for me"... because I've made it work for myself.

And I have enjoyed every last bit of it. biggrin

But, thank you for the well wishes and warm regards. hug

theheart

Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Amie-922461 said: A lot of people disagree with the way this element of CM is programmed... the posts and poll are y...

--hide--

So far you haven't said anything that hasn't been said many times before. Management has made a business decision with full knowledge of members' opinions on the issue.

The original question has been answered and the topic is now locked.

Posts 51 - 58 of 58