Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Camera

12/18/2012 new

I have noticed a number of posts in the fora recommend updating your profile picture, which, to be honest I havn't in a couple years. This is not that I have any objection to the way I look, but I don't have a camera. I was thinking of splurging on one for Christmas, and updating my profile picture. I went to Staples to take a look, and some where very expensive and their was a large price gap. I was hoping to receive some feedback from others my age on what would be the best camera on a modest budget. (Under 150 dollars.) If there is a camera that was affordable and meet all your basic needs with any issues, I would really appreciate the recommendation.

12/18/2012 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: I have noticed a number of posts in the fora recommend updating your profile picture, which, t...
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

I have noticed a number of posts in the fora recommend updating your profile picture, which, to be honest I havn't in a couple years. This is not that I have any objection to the way I look, but I don't have a camera. I was thinking of splurging on one for Christmas, and updating my profile picture. I went to Staples to take a look, and some where very expensive and their was a large price gap. I was hoping to receive some feedback from others my age on what would be the best camera on a modest budget. (Under 150 dollars.) If there is a camera that was affordable and meet all your basic needs with any issues, I would really appreciate the recommendation.

--hide--

Matthew,

I'm twenty years older than you but a bit of a photography buff. I picked up a Koday EasyShare M550 for about $125.00 a couple of years ago; I see them listed for $90.00 now. Although it's not a professional camera, I'd say it's a safe bet.

Also, if you get it ask for an SDHC card to hold more pictures. (You put it inside next to the battery.) What the camera itself actually holds is probably less than 10, if I remember correctly.

I hope this helps.

12/18/2012 new

Yes this helps, thank you. I will research this camera and the SDHC Card. What does SDHC stand for?

12/19/2012 new

I didn't know either: en.wikipedia.org

12/20/2012 new

If the only reason you are looking to buy a camera is to take your profile picture, you can save a lot of money by getting a "semi" professional picture taken at a Walmart photo center for like $10. But if you see yourself taking other pictures, that's another story. smile

12/20/2012 new

(Quote) Matthew-617971 said: Yes this helps, thank you. I will research this camera and the SDHC Card. What does SDHC stand ...
(Quote) Matthew-617971 said:

Yes this helps, thank you. I will research this camera and the SDHC Card. What does SDHC stand for?

--hide--

Different models of cameras use different type of memory cards. Be sure to get one that's compatible with the camera you choose.

12/21/2012 new
An SD card is just a memory card that you can use with your camera! Also I would recommend either the Canon or Nikon brand they are both really good brands. Hope this helps :)
12/23/2012 new

Do you, or are you able to, have a smartphone? You wouldn't necessarily need the latest smartphone out there, just something that's in the 100-150 price range. They serve as really useful cameras plus you can use it as a music and video player.

12/29/2012 new

Go shopping at this time of year for a camera. I also have a Kodak. It's great, and photography is a fun hobby.

12/30/2012 new

Thank you everyone for the advice and information. I don't have a smart phone, so that will not work for me. I have the EasyShare M550 in my Amazon shopping cart, with the SDHC Card, and I will go in that direction. I hope everyone has a good new year.

Posts 1 - 10 of 11