Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of prayer life, posting prayers of the Church and prayer requests.

Saint Jude is the patron saint of lost causes and desperate situations.
Learn more: Saint Jude

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

--hide--
elizabeth from tn thank you for your prayers...hug rose

Dec 22nd 2012 new

(Quote) Donna-848472 said:
(Quote) Donna-848472 said:

--hide--
donna from canada thank you, thank you for your prayers....hug rose

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-480844 said: eileen, so true words...the blood banks did not start 'screening blood' til 1989-90.....
(Quote) Katherine-480844 said:

eileen, so true words...the blood banks did not start 'screening blood' til 1989-90....many have found themselves in the same position as your ex did....it really is something people should talk to their doc's about as it is not a blood test normally done...you have to ask!!

--hide--

I'm a Kathleen, actually, but my husband contracted Hep C from a blood transfusion in the 70's. Drug abusers earned extra cash by donating and there was never any screening done. This disease is horrible and attacks your liver. I'd get so infuriated when my husband would go into the emergency room for complications and they would print out information on alcoholism or not sharing needles. There is a stigma associated with this disease that keeps those suffering from it alone and silent.

My daughter was angry at the doctors for testing the blood. I had to assure her that if dad didn't receive that blood then, we would have never known each other and she would not have been born. That blood gave him life.

I am truly sorry to hear of anyone going through this. On the flip side, I have met one person that received the transplant and she taught me quite a bit. I will continue to pray that a liver becomes available for your friend.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Praying Praying theheart rose

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Praying hug Praying

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Katherine-480844 said: some time back, i wrote another prayer request for a friend of mine, tom...(a 24 yr retired m...
(Quote) Katherine-480844 said:

some time back, i wrote another prayer request for a friend of mine, tom...(a 24 yr retired master sgt of the usa air force). he developed hep c way back in the late 70's for a blood transfusion he received during a surgery. NOW HE IS VERY ILL and his family and friends await for the call from the hospital that a donor has been matched

calling all angels to storm the heavens for tom & his family...from the east coast to west coast....

i know the will be sadness for another family.... i know no other way to thank them then to pray for them and someway may they know they could not have given tom's family a greater gift.

ps...tom was born on christmas eve...how can one not believe in miracles?

--hide--
Praying Praying Praying theheart theheart

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathy-635104 said: I'm a Kathleen, actually, but my husband contracted Hep C from a blood transfusio...
(Quote) Kathy-635104 said:

I'm a Kathleen, actually, but my husband contracted Hep C from a blood transfusion in the 70's. Drug abusers earned extra cash by donating and there was never any screening done. This disease is horrible and attacks your liver. I'd get so infuriated when my husband would go into the emergency room for complications and they would print out information on alcoholism or not sharing needles. There is a stigma associated with this disease that keeps those suffering from it alone and silent.

My daughter was angry at the doctors for testing the blood. I had to assure her that if dad didn't receive that blood then, we would have never known each other and she would not have been born. That blood gave him life.

I am truly sorry to hear of anyone going through this. On the flip side, I have met one person that received the transplant and she taught me quite a bit. I will continue to pray that a liver becomes available for your friend.

--hide--
i have known of several hep c's patients who have turned around - looked at their doc when asked 'where did you get THAT??' and the patient answers....from you doc, from you...remember that blood transfusion you ordered for me?!?
it's crazy that in this day and age the patient with the disease, also, has to stand up and advocate for themselves and others.
i have been blessed to know of 2 who have received partial liver transplants....getting a whole liver transplant is another story...much more complicated, much more to look at, to be sure of and sometimes not until right in the operating room do the doctors know if that liver is going to be the perfect match...scratchchin wide eyed

thank you, kathleen, for your continued prayers....hug rose

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: Lord Have Mercy , Christ have mercy and Praise be to God for His Ways are higher than ou...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

Lord Have Mercy , Christ have mercy and Praise be to God for His Ways are higher than our ways...

Blessings to this family and comfort for another .. Jesus we trust in you

--hide--
kathleen, from nj, many thanks for your prayers and words... hug rose

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Adrienne-843867 said:
(Quote) Adrienne-843867 said:

--hide--
dear adrienne, from il....thank you for your prayers for tom and his family.... hug rose

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Marie-518335 said:
(Quote) Marie-518335 said:

--hide--
marie from md.... thank you for your prayers for tom & his family & donor's family.... hug rose

Posts 81 - 90 of 200