Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

poofers/wasting time

Dec 23rd 2012 new

I'm not sure if anyone else has notcied this, but it seems that there are A LOT of poofers and/or people who are just here for the fun of it, and don't take the Faith seriously. Has anyone else noticed this?

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Greg-902815 said: I'm not sure if anyone else has notcied this, but it seems that there are A LOT of poofers and...
(Quote) Greg-902815 said:

I'm not sure if anyone else has notcied this, but it seems that there are A LOT of poofers and/or people who are just here for the fun of it, and don't take the Faith seriously. Has anyone else noticed this?

--hide--

I would suggest it's a pretty long stretch to judge someones' faith based on how seriously you feel they are looking for a potentials pouse.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

My experiences have involved people who have little to no interest in talking about faith-related subjects.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Greg-902815 said: I'm not sure if anyone else has notcied this, but it seems that there are A LOT of po...
(Quote) Greg-902815 said:

--hide--

I so enjoy this site and it is for several reasons. I find the comaraderie uplifting, the discussions intellectually stimulating or...in the case of some, just fun and/or heartwarming. I am here to connect with persons who have the same core values. We begin with common ground and then enjoy each other's company here on this site. The topics vary but I don't see they always need to be about the Faith. For that I would join a specific study group for a specific aspect or teaching of Catholicism.

I have said it before and would like to again say: I love this site. I have made so many friends --gentlemen and ladies. Thank you!!!!

Dec 23rd 2012 new
(Quote) Meg-920823 said: I so enjoy this site and it is for several reasons. I find the comaraderie uplifting, the discussion...
(Quote) Meg-920823 said:

I so enjoy this site and it is for several reasons. I find the comaraderie uplifting, the discussions intellectually stimulating or...in the case of some, just fun and/or heartwarming. I am here to connect with persons who have the same core values. We begin with common ground and then enjoy each other's company here on this site. The topics vary but I don't see they always need to be about the Faith. For that I would join a specific study group for a specific aspect or teaching of Catholicism.

I have said it before and would like to again say: I love this site. I have made so many friends --gentlemen and ladies. Thank you!!!!

--hide--
Meg, A wonderful reply! I agree wholeheartedly! It is easy to become discouraged when a person receives so few replies or when a budding relationship doesn't go the way you want it too, but what opportunities of grace and virtue! Enjoy the community that is here. It is a wonderful one for the most part!
Dec 23rd 2012 new

It is strange, though, for people to come on here looking for a relationship that should hopefully end in a beautiful blessed and holy marriage to another good Catholic and yet read in their profile that they 'were brought up Catholic but not practicing now' don'tcha think.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: It is strange, though, for people to come on here looking for a relationship that should hopeful...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

It is strange, though, for people to come on here looking for a relationship that should hopefully end in a beautiful blessed and holy marriage to another good Catholic and yet read in their profile that they 'were brought up Catholic but not practicing now' don'tcha think.

--hide--

Perhaps some have been led here by the Holy Spirit to fins someone with a stronger faith who can help bring them back tot he Church.

On the other hand, I'm sure there are those who view CM as just another dating site.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: It is strange, though, for people to come on here looking for a relationship that should hopeful...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

--hide--

Hmm I guess there is no room at the Inn this time of year for people who might be searching for other people romantic or otherwise who are stronger in their faith. Or maybe they recently decided to start taking their faith more seriously and they are just being honest about how things have been in their life. I would like to think that honesty counts for something especially when it would be much easier to deceive.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

It's great to grow together in your faith, but if someone isn't even praying or going to Mass, how does that look to someone who comes to this specifically Catholic site looking for an equal match? That's a pretty big stretch. I mean, I've been upfront about my values and high standards but on here I've been pm'd by guys saying they want to 'hook up' with me some night. Um, I think not. That's not someone trying to be led back to God or their faith, right? Aren't those the ones we are talking about? No way should every moment of every conversation to be about God only, even if we are to pray always, so I'm not all uptight like that, just in there somewhere sometime.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Nowhere in their profile on some of these that say they are not practicing do they give any hint that there are trying to pick it back up.

2 Corinthians 6:14

14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?

just saying.

Posts 1 - 10 of 46