Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: You are now watching this topic.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

I am curious. Has anyone actually met anyone, face-to-face, on this site?? I renewed my membership this fall, hoping for better results than I experienced last time. Unfortunately, the experience is the same: men who don't respond to messages, men who will only send emoticons without messages, and conversations that go nowhere and typically end without their reply. I have not met any person who has even suggested a meeting. Are there men out there who are interested in making an actual connection with a woman, and are they experiencing similar responses? I am beginning to think this is a site for those who do not really want to meet someone face-to-face. I would love to hear from those who have had success meeting people face-to-face.

Dec 23rd 2012 new
My friend met her husband here on CM. He pursued her, taking the lead with everything along the way. They lived within the same state, relatively close to each other. Rather than draw things out through emotigrams and emails, he immediately asked for her number so that he could properly ask her out on a date. Each person has to work at their own pace. Best wishes to you in your journey!
Dec 23rd 2012 new

Sure! I've met probably close to 100 current and former member of this site over the nearly 3 years that I have been here. More importantly, I've enjoyed being in the company of every last one, and some I will call friends for a very long time. biggrin

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Hi Kristin, It sounds like your friend's husband did everything right. How refreshing it will be to meet someone pro-active like that. I'm still praying & believing! Thanks & best wishes to you, too.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

Wow, Victor! What are you doing? Grant it, in three years, the numbers will add up, but I do not plan to be on this site that long. I want results now. laughing I am glad you have had some success meeting people and making long term connections. I hope to say the same one day....well..., before my membership runs out again. biggrin All the best to you.

Dec 25th 2012 new
(Quote) Kristin-361617 said: My friend met her husband here on CM. He pursued her, taking the lead with everything along the way. They lived ...
(Quote) Kristin-361617 said: My friend met her husband here on CM. He pursued her, taking the lead with everything along the way. They lived within the same state, relatively close to each other. Rather than draw things out through emotigrams and emails, he immediately asked for her number so that he could properly ask her out on a date.

Each person has to work at their own pace. Best wishes to you in your journey!
--hide--

I personally think you should meet in person ASAP I wish girls I met moved at that Pace Kristin most unfortunately want to wait at least 1-3 months before meeting :( No matter How far or close they live lol.
Dec 25th 2012 new
I don't see 1-3 months as being a bad thing, especially if you and the other person are from different states. I was once talking to a guy (not from CM) and in the four years that I was getting to know him, he never mad a legitimate effort to come out to my state or invite me to his. It was a waste of my time and I felt hurt when I finally had to let it go. I learned to hope for a healthy progression...emails to phone calls, Skype to real-life visits. :-)
Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Chinwe-798153 said: I do not plan to be on this site that long. I want results now.
(Quote) Chinwe-798153 said: I do not plan to be on this site that long. I want results now.
--hide--

Ohhhh, how I wish that worked! CM to me has been an exercise in patience. And... learning. I've blown it a couple times. I'm still working on it.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Chinwe-798153 said: I am curious. Has anyone actually met anyone, face-to-face, on this site?? I renewed my membersh...
(Quote) Chinwe-798153 said:

I am curious. Has anyone actually met anyone, face-to-face, on this site?? I renewed my membership this fall, hoping for better results than I experienced last time. Unfortunately, the experience is the same: men who don't respond to messages, men who will only send emoticons without messages, and conversations that go nowhere and typically end without their reply. I have not met any person who has even suggested a meeting. Are there men out there who are interested in making an actual connection with a woman, and are they experiencing similar responses? I am beginning to think this is a site for those who do not really want to meet someone face-to-face. I would love to hear from those who have had success meeting people face-to-face.

--hide--

YES. Many have. Keep at it and DO NOT GIVE UP. I know many sets of couples who have gotten married here.

Dec 26th 2012 new

I've come to the conclusion, Chinwe, that when a guy is really interested, he will make the move to try to get to know you through more than just messages pretty quickly. One guy asked to talk on the phone after only days of sending messages, and we met within two weeks of messaging! Other guys have sent back messages over a period of many months, don't send a response for weeks, then come back again.

So, you're not alone, hon. But when a guy has serious intentions to get to know you on a deeper level, he'll do it, and you'll know. hug

Posts 1 - 10 of 18