Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

www.mediabistro.com

I wanted to give you a heads up on a show that should appeal to Catholic Match members.

This show looks very interesting. Christiane Amanpour whose Mother was Catholic, from England
and whose Father was Muslim, married a Jewish person. She lives successfully with all three
major religions represented in her nuclear family.

She filmed the show with her own son, who has Muslim, Catholic and Jewish roots.
They went to the Holy Land during the son's school vacations and did the filming.

For anyone who has not been to the Holy Land, this should be a wonderful opportunity
to see where Abraham and Jesus and many other persons from the Old Testament
walked.

In New York it is on channel 7, at 9pm on Friday, December 21, and the second part
of the show will air on Friday, December 28 at 9pm.

If you do see it, let me know what you think. Of all the places in the world I have
travelled, the Holy Land would be the one I would recommend to anyone to visit.

Dec 20th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: www.mediabistro.com.
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

www.mediabistro.com

I wanted to give you a heads up on a show that should appeal to Catholic Match members.

This show looks very interesting. Christiane Amanpour whose Mother was Catholic, from England
and whose Father was Muslim, married a Jewish person. She lives successfully with all three
major religions represented in her nuclear family.

She filmed the show with her own son, who has Muslim, Catholic and Jewish roots.
They went to the Holy Land during the son's school vacations and did the filming.

For anyone who has not been to the Holy Land, this should be a wonderful opportunity
to see where Abraham and Jesus and many other persons from the Old Testament
walked.

In New York it is on channel 7, at 9pm on Friday, December 21, and the second part
of the show will air on Friday, December 28 at 9pm.

If you do see it, let me know what you think. Of all the places in the world I have
travelled, the Holy Land would be the one I would recommend to anyone to visit.

--hide--
I like Christiane Amanpour, and am looking forward to seeing this.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: I like Christiane Amanpour, and am looking forward to seeing this.
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

I like Christiane Amanpour, and am looking forward to seeing this.

--hide--

I watched the first hour of the show so far, and it really shows the events that we have all grown up with,
as depicted in the old testament, and the new testament.

The only thing I don't like is the way she tries to correlate the old testament events and punishment with
today's tragedies, as though God were punishing us. Whether it is true or not, that God is punishing us,
I don't think a reporter should do the correlation. It offends people as we have seen in the past.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Whether it is true or not, that God is punishing us,I don't think a reporter should do...

Whether it is true or not, that God is punishing us,
I don't think a reporter should do the correlation. It offends people as we have seen in the past.

--hide--

Charity requires that we not speak with the intention of offending others, not that we refrain from speaking the truth with the intention of benefiting others because they might be offended -- or even if we know they will be offended. When people are offended by the truth, it is most likely because they are trying to silence their conscience.

I am not watching the show, so I have no comment on the accuracy of what the reporter is saying. However, if it is accurate and people are offended, so be it. One big problem in the world today is that even priests will not preach the truth because they are worried about offending someone. And after a generation or two we end up with a population with no moral compass.

Think about how God punished the Israelites in the Old Testament when they turned away from Him: with bad leaders and loss of freedom. Sound familiar anyone?

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Jerry-74383 said: (Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Whether it is true or not, that God is punish...
(Quote) Jerry-74383 said:

Quote:
Marianne-100218 said:

Whether it is true or not, that God is punishing us,

Charity requires that we not speak with the intention of offending others, not that we refrain from speaking the truth with the intention of benefiting others because they might be offended -- or even if we know they will be offended. When people are offended by the truth, it is most likely because they are trying to silence their conscience.

I am not watching the show, so I have no comment on the accuracy of what the reporter is saying. However, if it is accurate and people are offended, so be it. One big problem in the world today is that even priests will not preach the truth because they are worried about offending someone. And after a generation or two we end up with a population with no moral compass.

Think about how God punished the Israelites in the Old Testament when they turned away from Him: with bad leaders and loss of freedom. Sound familiar anyone?

--hide--

Something just occurred to me which I wish I had thought of long ago:

When we say or post a truth, or read or hear the word of another, we know will offend some, stop and say a brief prayer that all will take it in the manner intended.

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: I watched the first hour of the show so far, and it really shows the events that we ha...

I watched the first hour of the show so far, and it really shows the events that we have all grown up with,
as depicted in the old testament, and the new testament.

The only thing I don't like is the way she tries to correlate the old testament events and punishment with
today's tragedies, as though God were punishing us. Whether it is true or not, that God is punishing us,

--hide--
It's impossible to discuss the ME conflict with out offending someone. Our US Congress cannot openly talk about it and our media information is sanitized. Criticizing a certain foreign country is on a par with burning the American flag! I'm tired of making enemies so I stick to humor and prayer!

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: It's impossible to discuss the ME conflict with out offending someone. Our US Congress cannot...

It's impossible to discuss the ME conflict with out offending someone. Our US Congress cannot openly talk about it and our media information is sanitized. Criticizing a certain foreign country is on a par with burning the American flag! I'm tired of making enemies so I stick to humor and prayer!

--hide--

Peter: I realized that you have a slight problem with that certain country, after I read your first post and
wondered how you would handle the show.

The truth is, this film is about the places mentioned in the old testament, and the new testament, and should
be of interest to you. Politics aside, you should enjoy it.

I almost finished the first two hours, and find it very interesting. I have been to only some of the places
they mention, mostly in Israel and Jordon, but would love to visit the rest.

God bless you, Peter. Hang in there. Life is hard. You are doing a good job though.

Marianne

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Peter: I realized that you have a slight problem with that certain country, after I re...

Peter: I realized that you have a slight problem with that certain country, after I read your first post and
wondered how you would handle the show.

The truth is, this film is about the places mentioned in the old testament, and the new testament, and should
be of interest to you. Politics aside, you should enjoy it.

I almost finished the first two hours, and find it very interesting. I have been to only some of the places
they mention, mostly in Israel and Jordon, but would love to visit the rest.

God bless you, Peter. Hang in there. Life is hard. You are doing a good job though.

Marianne

--hide--
Sorry, I have a bad habit of drifting off topic. History and archaeology are fascinating to me- more so as I get older.

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: Sorry, I have a bad habit of drifting off topic. History and archaeology are fascinating to me- m...

Sorry, I have a bad habit of drifting off topic. History and archaeology are fascinating to me- more so as I get older.

--hide--

Well, the show goes to archeological digs around the Holy Land and the nearby countries.

Did you tape the show? I am not sure if it will be repeated.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9