Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

Four Firefighters were shot, and two of them died, while responding to a fire early
Christmas Eve morning. The fire started in a house and spread to other houses.
The town was not too far from Rochester.

It just keeps getting worse and worse.

Dec 24th 2012 new

abcnews.go.com

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: http://abcnews.go.com/US/firefighters-shot-responding-webster-ny-house-fire/story?id=18055594<...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

abcnews.go.com

--hide--

I heard that the guy that did it set the car on fire for the specific purpose of luring the firefighters in to take shots at them. He was also a convicted felon.

Lesson from the last part: criminals don't care about what laws are on the books! That's why we call them outlaws.

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Four Firefighters were shot, and two of them died, while responding to a fire earlyChristm...

Four Firefighters were shot, and two of them died, while responding to a fire early
Christmas Eve morning. The fire started in a house and spread to other houses.
The town was not too far from Rochester.

It just keeps getting worse and worse.

--hide--
If someone wants to take their own life, fine- it's a free country. What I will never understand is why so may of these broken human beings feel a need to take the good and the innocent with them.

"Seven weeks ago, Michael Chiapperini was in Long Island, helping those suffering after Superstorm Sandy. Two weeks ago, he was named "Firefighter of the Year" for his department in his upstate New York town of Webster."

www.cnn.com

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Peter-449116 said: If someone wants to take their own life, fine- it's a free country. What I will never underst...
(Quote) Peter-449116 said:

If someone wants to take their own life, fine- it's a free country. What I will never understand is why so may of these broken human beings feel a need to take the good and the innocent with them.

"Seven weeks ago, Michael Chiapperini was in Long Island, helping those suffering after Superstorm Sandy. Two weeks ago, he was named "Firefighter of the Year" for his department in his upstate New York town of Webster."

www.cnn.com

--hide--

Maybe taking other lives with their own, is the copy-cat part of it? Very sad.

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: I heard that the guy that did it set the car on fire for the specific purpose of luring...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

I heard that the guy that did it set the car on fire for the specific purpose of luring the firefighters in to take shots at them. He was also a convicted felon.

Lesson from the last part: criminals don't care about what laws are on the books! That's why we call them outlaws.

--hide--

Yes, apparently he started the fire to lure the firefighters.

I heard people from the community say they knew everyone in their town. They really did not know him though.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Yes, apparently he started the fire to lure the firefighters. I heard people f...

Yes, apparently he started the fire to lure the firefighters.

I heard people from the community say they knew everyone in their town. They really did not know him though.

--hide--

The killer left a note. In the note he said he loved to kill people. How can society function with people like this
running through our environment unnoticed and/or unchallenged?

We have less of a gun issue and more of a mental-condition issue. This is not easily going to be solved.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: The killer left a note. In the note he said he loved to kill people. How can society f...

The killer left a note. In the note he said he loved to kill people. How can society function with people like this
running through our environment unnoticed and/or unchallenged?

We have less of a gun issue and more of a mental-condition issue. This is not easily going to be solved.

--hide--

Something to be said for the death penalty, isn't it? Even in prison, someone like that could still kill even if given a Life Sentence w/o Parole.

Dec 27th 2012 new

(Quote) Steven-706921 said: Something to be said for the death penalty, isn't it? Even in prison, someone like ...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

Something to be said for the death penalty, isn't it? Even in prison, someone like that could still kill even if given a Life Sentence w/o Parole.

--hide--

They would have to keep him away from others if he was in jail.

Posts 1 - 9 of 9