Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion for anyone who adheres to the Extraordinary form of the mass and any issues related to the practices of Eastern Rite Catholicism.

Saint Athanasius is counted as one of the four Great Doctors of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Athanasius

12/08/2012 new

(Quote) Richard-722900 said: And it looks like some power is working through manifestations, like the horror in question, to...
(Quote) Richard-722900 said:

And it looks like some power is working through manifestations, like the horror in question, to drive souls to the likes of CUT. Right? Or if they put up with it they'll probably have lost what it means to be Catholic. But Christ said "the gates of hell shall not prevail" and "I will be with you to the consumation of the age". So he said the gates of hell would be opened upon us, and he would be with us until he vanquishes what has come out. Remember the history of the prayer to St. Michael--why and under what circumstances Leo XIII composed it, and why it is still used at the end of every TLM (where ever you find it) I know of, after the Last Gospel. Looks like our surreal exhibition under discussion might have some evidence of the need of more prayers to St. Michael

--hide--

I agree, coming from a TLM parish myself.

That said, there is nothing preventing people in Ordinary form parishes from taking the English and saying the Leonine prayers at the end of the Daily Mass as a devotion (hint, hint). Praying Praying

As you can see in the collect, it's a good prayer for religious liberty as well.

The Leonine Prayers, said after every low mass in the Extraordinary Form of the Mass, consist of:

1). Three Hail Marys (Like the beginning of the Rosary)

2). Hail, Holy Queen (like at the end of the Rosary)

3). The reponse: V: Pray for us, oh Holy Mother of God R: That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ

4). The collect:

Let us pray. O God, our refuge and our strength, look down in mercy on Thy people who cry to Thee, and by the intercession of the glorious and immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of St. Joseph her Spouse, of Thy blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and of all the saints, in mercy and goodness hear our prayers for the conversion of sinners, and for the liberty and exultation of our holy Mother the Church. Through the same Christ our Lord.

R: Amen

5). Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel:

SAINT Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him,
we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
cast into hell Satan
and all the wicked spirits
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.

6). Say three times: V: Most Sacred Heart of Jesus R: Have Mercy on Us

12/12/2012 new
(Quote) Steven-706921 said: I agree, coming from a TLM parish myself. That said, there is nothing preventi...
(Quote) Steven-706921 said:

I agree, coming from a TLM parish myself.

That said, there is nothing preventing people in Ordinary form parishes from taking the English and saying the Leonine prayers at the end of the Daily Mass as a devotion (hint, hint).

As you can see in the collect, it's a good prayer for religious liberty as well.

The Leonine Prayers, said after every low mass in the Extraordinary Form of the Mass, consist of:

1). Three Hail Marys (Like the beginning of the Rosary)

2). Hail, Holy Queen (like at the end of the Rosary)

3). The reponse: V: Pray for us, oh Holy Mother of God R: That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ

4). The collect:

Let us pray. O God, our refuge and our strength, look down in mercy on Thy people who cry to Thee, and by the intercession of the glorious and immaculate Virgin Mary, Mother of God, of St. Joseph her Spouse, of Thy blessed Apostles Peter and Paul, and of all the saints, in mercy and goodness hear our prayers for the conversion of sinners, and for the liberty and exultation of our holy Mother the Church. Through the same Christ our Lord.

R: Amen

5). Prayer to St. Michael the Archangel:

SAINT Michael the Archangel,
defend us in battle;
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.
May God rebuke him,
we humbly pray:
and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly host,
by the power of God,
cast into hell Satan
and all the wicked spirits
who prowl about the world
seeking the ruin of souls.

6). Say three times: V: Most Sacred Heart of Jesus R: Have Mercy on Us

--hide--

Thank you for sharing these Leonine prayers!
12/17/2012 new

I'm not shocked..I read about these 'clown' masses from the Most Holy Family Monestary. It looks like an act of subversion to me. I would have walked out and never looked back.

12/24/2012 new

(Quote) John-711000 said: I'm not shocked..I read about these 'clown' masses from the Most Holy Family Monestary...
(Quote) John-711000 said:

I'm not shocked..I read about these 'clown' masses from the Most Holy Family Monestary. It looks like an act of subversion to me. I would have walked out and never looked back.

--hide--

If there was a different church nearby having a later mass, I might certainly consider it. If the consecration was invalid, I'd leave.

12/24/2012 new
I am sorry lady and gentlemen, but I don't see the samething you are seeing. When I saw that picture I saw it was a mass for children mainly. It is the audience in the picture. May be they were doing face painting. May be the priests and other servant painted their face by children themselves. May be they forgot to take off the paint off their faces and started celebrating mass. The only one who should be judging in this world is God. He is the only one judging because He is loving, caring, compassionate. Thank God for that. We as human, are hard and harsh when we come to judging others. Remember the scripture of the adultery woman. Everyone was ready to stone her to death. What was Jesus reaction and action? What should be ours?
12/24/2012 new

theheart Merry Christmas Lucia! I thought the same thing. A fun Mass for the children to show that Religion and Fun can be one of the same Praying

If this is disturbing, I had seen a post on here the other day with JPII wrapping to a song. They didn't buck at that. Anyway, everyone have a Blessed and Safe Holiday Season xmastree wreath

12/24/2012 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: I am sorry lady and gentlemen, but I don't see the samething you are seeing. When I saw that picture...
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: I am sorry lady and gentlemen, but I don't see the samething you are seeing. When I saw that picture I saw it was a mass for children mainly. It is the audience in the picture. May be they were doing face painting. May be the priests and other servant painted their face by children themselves. May be they forgot to take off the paint off their faces and started celebrating mass. The only one who should be judging in this world is God. He is the only one judging because He is loving, caring, compassionate. Thank God for that. We as human, are hard and harsh when we come to judging others. Remember the scripture of the adultery woman. Everyone was ready to stone her to death. What was Jesus reaction and action? What should be ours?
--hide--

How does anyone learn right from wrong if no one judges them and tells them???? We can not judge someones soul, but we certainly can judge there actions and words at any time in this world.

12/24/2012 new

(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: I am sorry lady and gentlemen, but I don't see the samething you are seeing. When I saw that picture...
(Quote) Lucia-866196 said: I am sorry lady and gentlemen, but I don't see the samething you are seeing. When I saw that picture I saw it was a mass for children mainly. It is the audience in the picture. May be they were doing face painting. May be the priests and other servant painted their face by children themselves. May be they forgot to take off the paint off their faces and started celebrating mass. The only one who should be judging in this world is God. He is the only one judging because He is loving, caring, compassionate. Thank God for that. We as human, are hard and harsh when we come to judging others. Remember the scripture of the adultery woman. Everyone was ready to stone her to death. What was Jesus reaction and action? What should be ours?
--hide--

No priest should ever celebrate Mass without properly preparing -- interiorly and exteriorly. 'Forgetting' to remove facepaint just can't happen. What do all those symbols mean? The Liturgy is never 'just fun' but for worship!

12/24/2012 new

(Quote) Rachel-731570 said: No priest should ever celebrate Mass without properly preparing -- interiorly and e...
(Quote) Rachel-731570 said:

No priest should ever celebrate Mass without properly preparing -- interiorly and exteriorly. 'Forgetting' to remove facepaint just can't happen. What do all those symbols mean? The Liturgy is never 'just fun' but for worship!

--hide--

Yes Rachel, while I must add the face painting is horrible and I thought photo shop and have no clue what it means.

There is nothing wrong with children's masses as long as they are that, a true Mass for God's little children. I just think that maybe the publicity of this and making a mockery of the Bishop is blasphemy to our church for something that could be fabricated here and/or completely innocent. I wouldn't be so cynical on this one as those that respond negativitly are mocking the Catholic Church in general.

We all have Faith and in God we must Trust! Praying rosary theheart

12/24/2012 new
Thomas and Rachel,

I work with teenagers and children. There are ways we even have to put the words of God in ways they understand. The same way we were taught chatechism is not the same way we do it now a day. The same way I started teacher twenty something years ago is not the same way I do it now. We need to use different ways and tools to do it. Each set of child comes to us with a different story. Some of them are good, but some of them are not. May be it was a child whose life has been devasted by adults action that painted these people's face. By celebrating mass with their face painted, they were trying to make them feel better. Some times children are better than us adult, they treat others with compassion. I guess that's what Jesus said we have to be like children again in order to enter the kingdom of God.

Only God has the right to judge others. Our right is to pray for others who we think are doing the wrong thing. Only God can change us with his love, not us. Our priests say that instead of talking to one of our loved ones about God. Instead we should be talking to God about them. We already had an encounter with God and little by little he has been changing us into the people he wants to be. We also want the samething for our loved ones.
Posts 21 - 30 of 55