Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for discussion about CatholicMatch events or to plan a get-together or meet-up for offline activities such a dinners, ball games, concerts etc.

Saint Raphael is the patron saint of travelers.
Learn More: Saint Raphael

Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Mary-363093 said: Helen, it would be great to have a NEW chef wit...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Mary-363093 said:

Helen, it would be great to have a NEW chef with an entry into the contest! Hope you can make it!

I already know of some out-of-towners who have made travel plans! Several more have expressed interest.

It's going to be another great time!
MIGHT even put up some leftover mistletoe from our Christmas party..........

I have been known to make a pretty nice pot of chilli.....lol
--hide--

All RIGHT, Brenda! Bring it on - we'd love to try your entry as well!!! Chef

(And folks, she's not just 'talking' about coming to Indy for this - Brenda has booked her flights!!! biggrin )

Dec 18th 2012 new
(Quote) Mary-363093 said: All RIGHT, Brenda! Bring it on - we'd love to try your entry as well!!! (...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

All RIGHT, Brenda! Bring it on - we'd love to try your entry as well!!!

(And folks, she's not just 'talking' about coming to Indy for this - Brenda has booked her flights!!! )

--hide--

I can bring my special seasonings...will just need to visit a supermarket for a few perishable items when I get there....lol
Dec 18th 2012 new

(Quote) Brenda-74660 said: (Quote) Mary-363093 said: All RIGHT, Brenda! Bring it on...
(Quote) Brenda-74660 said:
Quote:
Mary-363093 said:

All RIGHT, Brenda! Bring it on - we'd love to try your entry as well!!!

(And folks, she's not just 'talking' about coming to Indy for this - Brenda has booked her flights!!! )

I can bring my special seasonings...will just need to visit a supermarket for a few perishable items when I get there....lol
--hide--

Remind me as it gets closer - but I'd be happy to loan you a crock pot. (Everyone brings their entry in a crock pot, it's easiest.)

Dec 19th 2012 new
Ok, I have to say it ....

Is it chili in here, or is it just me?????? wink laughing laughing duck

First off .... I enjoyed the chili cook off last year. Would love to come again; will need to see how things stand after my first paycheck of the new year. If I come, I will forgo the hotel and take advantage of the "free" accommodations being offered. Oh, and I would definitely bring Valentine smiley cookies again heart since they were such a hit last time.
Dec 19th 2012 new

(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Ok, I have to say it .... Is it chili in here, or is it just me?????? First off .... ...
(Quote) Edward-4511 said: Ok, I have to say it ....

Is it chili in here, or is it just me??????

First off .... I enjoyed the chili cook off last year. Would love to come again; will need to see how things stand after my first paycheck of the new year. If I come, I will forgo the hotel and take advantage of the "free" accommodations being offered. Oh, and I would definitely bring Valentine smiley cookies again since they were such a hit last time.
--hide--

Zoom, it would be wonderful if you could make it again this year! Corny jokes and all...... laughing laughing laughing laughing

And if you do, this time I'm getting a smiley cookie at the BEGINNING of the night....not waiting until the end when I'm too full of chili to eat one. boggled

Dec 24th 2012 new

Hmmmm...I don't see this on the Events page...are you just waiting til after the holidays to post it or am I just missing it??? scratchchin

Dec 25th 2012 new

Hi Helen - still finalizing plans - goal is to get the Event page up by New Years. (It sometimes takes a few days for CM to approve it and post it.

That's why I started this thread - I wanted to get the date and basic location out there so folks could plan ahead. Is there a chance we might see your smiling face again - it would be GREAT to have you join us! hug

Dec 25th 2012 new

Okay...I understand...well, I am hoping to get over there and have some fun with friends, both old and new. The Indy Get-Togethers are always a great time! For me it will depend on weather and work schedule but I will try.

Keep us posted...I'm sure there will be some new folks that want to join in and they will certainly be welcomed with open arms (we are huggers, afterall). wink hug hug

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Mary-363093 said: Still working on full details, and will put an event page up when those are set ....but wa...
(Quote) Mary-363093 said:

Still working on full details, and will put an event page up when those are set ....

but wanted to get the date out there so you all can get this on your calendar and make those travel arrangements!

We start with Saturday evening mass, then head to the Host Home for our pitch-in dinner. Chili entrees are numbered and voting is done with a blind taste test. Those that do NOT bring a contest entry will supply side dishes, appetizers, and desserts. If you sign up to bring an entry - just say 'Chili" - do NOT post or mention any identifying remarks like how hot, spicy, or specific meats / ingredients that may be in it. Keep it neutral please.

NOTE: We MAY wind up limiting the contest entries to a specific number, 12 or so. It would expedite voting and allow us to eat at a reasonable time. It's still under discussion. IF we do limit, we encourage new participants, or those who haven't won before but have 'tweaked' their recipe to try again.

As always, it's BYOB - bring what you wish, and if you are drinking alcohol, we encourage you to spend the night. Bring your own bedding (air mattress, pillow, sleeping bag) and we'll have separate places for the men and women to spend the night.

In the morning, we'll gather again for a pitch in breakfast (if you stay, we ask that you bring a pitch in item for dinner AND another one for breakfast.) We'll work with travelers to assign them easy 'store bought' pitch ins. You can come in early on Friday, and stay as long as you wish on Sunday - we usually play more games, do an activity (movie, bowling, a group walk), and generally continue the fun all through the weekend.

We'll have great food, plenty of laugh, a game or two and LOTS & LOTS of hugs! (MIGHT even still have a sprig of mistletoe or two hanging up from our Christmas party.......)

This will be held on the north side of Indy - probably at Nancy's (where our Christmas party was) - we'll let you know for sure on the Event page.

Travelers - arrange to fly in and out of IND. Megabus folks - let us know what times you're looking at for arrival and departure and we'll work on getting you some rides.

So MARK THOSE CALENDARS - we look forward to seeing old friends again, and to meeting many new ones!

If you think you may join us - post a comment here please. It will give us an idea of how many to expect, which may help us plan the location accordingly. If you have any questions, don't hesitate to ask!

SEE YOU FEB 9th!

--hide--

What time does we start to eat? I got off at 6:00 PM and that means I will have to stop off at a grocer on the way to pick up a nice cheese tray and a vegeteble tray. Time will not allow me the luxury of cooking something. I am on the swing shift now.

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said: What time does we start to eat? I got off at 6:00 PM and that means I will have to s...
(Quote) Elizabeth-114955 said:

What time does we start to eat? I got off at 6:00 PM and that means I will have to stop off at a grocer on the way to pick up a nice cheese tray and a vegeteble tray. Time will not allow me the luxury of cooking something. I am on the swing shift now.

--hide--

Liz, you have plenty of time, don't let that stop you! By the time we get home from mass, get the chili's thoroughly warmed, then start the contest....well, we munch on appetizers for a LONG time. The party runs well into the night - so anything you bring will be munched on after dinner if not before.

Merry Christmas to all, btw!

Posts 11 - 20 of 107