Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match!

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for general discussion that doesn't specifically fit into one of the other CatholicMatch rooms. Topics should not be overly serious as this is to be more of a "cafe setting."

Saint Peter's Square was created so that more people could be in the presence of the Pope and was named after Saint Peter, one of Jesus's apostles.
Learn More: Saint Peter

Gratitude Lists

Dec 23rd 2012 new

As Christmas is upon us and the year closes to an end, I am looking back on this year in appreciation of the many gifts I've been given. My late Mom kept gratitude lists, jotted down on small pieces of note paper, for all the things that happened to her and her loved ones (particularly her children) in any given year. This gratitude was the greatest secret to my Mom's saintly joy, in the midst of struggles.

This is my 500th post, and only the 2nd new topic I've ever started. I'm looking at this as a milestone, and I believe as my subscription expires in January, I will no longer have a need to be on Catholic Match, which has been a Godsend for me personally.

This is my very abbreviated gratitude list; these are particularly related to CM. I invite you to post your own gratitude lists here as well.

hug LD friends made here on CM, many in the fora

baseball Sharing a story in the sports forum about my Dad's cousin, and his love of--of all things--the Red Sox

laughing The laughter in the fora. (Sometimes laughing at my own jokes even if no one else does!)

rosary United States Flag The Our Lady of America threads which are changing my life for the better

Praying The prayer threads. So many people getting support through these.

Lion Hangin' with my bros in the guys forum.

raspberry Learning not to get too caught up in conflict, even when I disagree strongly. (See prayer threads, still gotta work on this)

graduate Trivia, even though I've never cracked the top 10. I'm usually in the middle of the pack.

And last, but really first:

heart The wonderful gift of a Catholic relationship

These top the gratitude list for me. Please add your own, whether CM related or otherwise. Have a Merry Christmas! God bless.

John

Dec 23rd 2012 new
I am thankful for:

My health biggrin

My family biggrin

My friends biggrin

But most of all, I am thankful for theheartJesus and MarytheheartPraying

Merry Christmas! biggrin
Dec 24th 2012 new
Merry Christmas Valentin!
Dec 24th 2012 new
Christmas Eve 2012 - My sister met her husband on CM, and they were married in 2009. A couple hours ago she gave birth to their third child, a boy, on Christmas Eve! Thanks be to God! The gift of CM keeps on giving. Mommy and baby are resting and both are well. Thank you for your prayers. God bless. Another reason to be thankful! John
Dec 24th 2012 new

Merry Christmas everyone!

Thank you for starting this thread, John!

I am so grateful for life, for my healthy, smart, kind, funny, joyful children, for my good friends especially my fellow Franciscans and the people I'm meeting here on CM especially a few women who have reached out to me and shared so much, for a warm home filled with fun and music and laughter, for food and shelter and enough to share with those less fortunate, for God's mercy and love and grace most of all.

May God bless each and every one on here and their families with open hearts filled with joy!

Dec 24th 2012 new
Thank you Rachel!!! Many blessings in 2013!
Dec 24th 2012 new
(Quote) John-746882 said: Christmas Eve 2012 - My sister met her husband on CM, and they were married in 2009. A couple hours ago she gave bi...
(Quote) John-746882 said: Christmas Eve 2012 - My sister met her husband on CM, and they were married in 2009. A couple hours ago she gave birth to their third child, a boy, on Christmas Eve! Thanks be to God! The gift of CM keeps on giving. Mommy and baby are resting and both are well. Thank you for your prayers. God bless. Another reason to be thankful! John
--hide--

God is good! Thanks for sharing! biggrin
Dec 24th 2012 new
My family and friends, parish and priests, good health and CM. My list is so long and God is kind and generous. Merry Christmas.
Dec 24th 2012 new
Merry Christmas Meg! Thanks for adding your list!
Dec 24th 2012 new
For my children, my job and a roof over my head. Also for a mom and sisters who still love me dispite me being a grump! And for all my CM friends. Without you, life would be so much less in joy and wonder!! Merry Christmas my fellow CMers. Merry Christmas!!
Posts 1 - 10 of 172