Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

error: Post not found!

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: www.wnd.com Just saw this in t...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

www.wnd.com

Just saw this in the news...
Any thoughts ... has society changed us women so that men are thinking we don't need them ? Are men confused as to what it is to be a man and women confused as to what it is being a woman? I know it is a big question and we are all unique but I think there may be some truth to this.. Kathleen

Suzanne Venker, a conservative pundit and author of the soon-to-be-published by WND Books“How to Choose a Husband,”has taken her perspectives on men, women and marriage, which she sums up as “The War on Men,” to the women of “The View” on ABC.

Joining Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Sherri Sheppard and guest Mike Tyson on the set of “The View,” the conversation shifted to Venker’s recent FoxNews.com article“The War on Men,”in which she argued that the empowered modern female was turning men off from the idea of marriage.

Sheppard introduced Venker, stating, “Conservative author Suzanne Venker had heads spinning when she claimed that successful women are waging a war on men that has resulted in lazy men who aren’t interested in marriage and angry powerful women who are still playing the victim.”

Tyson, at one time the heavyweight champion of boxing and a convicted rapist, let out a powerful, albeit high-pitched, “Yeah” when Sheppard finished her introduction of Venker.

“I’m asking women to shine a spotlight on what has happened over the past 40 years, with the rise of women. Today’s generation of women are told not depend on a man, what’s happened is that they are carrying it with them into their relationships. It’s more contentious in the relationship,” said Venker.

“Men want to feel needed. Just because we’ve proven we can do anything men can do, doesn’t mean they want to hear it,” said Venker.

“We are teaching women that equality means sameness; if you are trying to be like a man, you’ll end up doing this. If we want lasting love, we should be allowed to have women act with femininity and men with masculinity. ”

Both Goldberg and Behar attacked Venker’s arguments, with Goldberg bringing up the 1950s image of a distressed housewife chained to her kitchen as the type of scenario Venker would like to see return.

Before Venker could even answer, Tyson interjected with a rambling story of his wife at home.

In an interview with WND, Venker said of Tyson’s commentary: “It was very helpful. The things that he did say were good at deflecting what could have been said. Whoopi and Joy were coming in for the kill, and Mike Tyson did a great job of deflecting.”

Venker said it’s not “a political conversation, it’s about marriage and love.”

“I was trying to keep it light so that, one, they’d invite me back and also to be able to deflect. Luckily, Tyson helped deflect the attacks from both Behar and Goldberg.”

Hasselbeck asked Venker asked how men are evolving to deal with empowered women, but before she could answer, the conversation shifted.

Asked by WND to address Hasselbeck’s question, Venker said: “Men don’t need women to be wives anymore. The dating world has changed dramatically, the chase concept, whether you call it courting or demonstrating value to a potential partner and making that really drawn out and worthwhile is gone. Now, it’s like, ‘Hello, let’s have sex.’ When did you believe that men were going to want, or need, to get married when this scenario exists?

“While many women want to get married, do men need to get married anymore when the ‘empowered’ woman allows this situation to continue? That’s how men are evolving,” said Venker.

Venker also took issue with Goldberg castigating the 1950s, telling WND: “I take issue that 1950s housewives were a mess … that every woman from that era is a caricature of June Cleaver. You’re basically talking about your mothers and grandmothers. Women are basically saying their mothers and grandmothers lives were a joke.

“I take issue that this time period was the worst time of being a mother. It’s a script that women were sold on, that being a housewife in the 1950s was oppressive. I don’t agree with that all,” she said.

Venker’s book,“How to Choose a Husband,”will be published Feb. 5, 2013.

In it, Venker notes that 40 years after the sexual revolution women of America have everything they want. Everything, that is, except a husband. Women may be schooled in the art of sex, she says, but they have failed in the art of love.

She says the modern generation is living in a culture that isn’t the least bit interested in helping them get hitched. For decades women have been taught to sleep around indiscriminately, to pursue an education and career at all costs, and to never depend on a man.

As a result, women delay marriage indefinitely or ignore it altogether, as though marriage has no bearing on their happiness. As though it were a nice idea, or nice accompaniment to an otherwise satisfying life.

This is an unprecedented worldview. Until recently, women have always mapped out their lives according to what they considered their most important role: wife and mother. Today, women plan their entire futures around big careers. Husband and children come last.

In“How to Choose a Husband,”Venker says American women need a detox.

If they want to be happy, or just plain satisfied, they must do a 180 when it comes to their attitude toward sex, courtship and married life.

If they do, marriageable men will reappear – and women will find the love that eludes them.

Venker’s previous book,“The Flipside of Feminism,”earned high praise from Focus on the Family founder James Dobson.

“Certain moments happen in all our lives that seem to be of incredible import. I would venture to say this could be one of those moments,” Dobson said as the authors of “The Flipside of Feminism,” Venker and Phyllis Schlafly, joined him on his program, “FamilyTalk.”

The book explains that since the 1960s, American feminists have set themselves up as the arbiters of all things female. Their policies have dominated the social and political landscape. The “spin sisters” in the media and their cohorts in academia are committed feminists. Consequently, everything Americans know – or think they know – about marriage, kids, sex, education, politics, gender roles and the work-family balance has been filtered through a left-wing lens.

But the book asserts that it is conservative women who actually are “in the best position to empower American women.”

Read more at www.wnd.com

--hide--

Radical feminists, like we see on “The View”, are living proof that women need men. It is very easy to see what life without men has produced in these females. A balanced, loving relationship between a man and a woman when united by God is much like a beautiful dance. Men lead while they watch to take cues from the woman they love, looking out for her needs even before she has them and anticipating her desires. Women on the other hand, can peacefully trust in the fact that the man she loves will protect them from danger and guide them to the joy of the movements of life. In this dance, they move as one body often oblivious of the others on the dance floor.

While some may judge harshly the dance between the man and woman who are united in God, I suspect it may be more from frustration caused by the lack of love in their own lives.

Our faith has always provided guidance on the issues between a man and a woman. In my opinion, the problems discussed in this article are caused because some choose to be guided by secularism rather than our faith. Good men and woman can be found. Our churches and CM are full of them. I suggest we pay more attention to the dance God has given us and less attention to the sad, caustic prunes that have chosen to cut themselves off from the music of life.

- Elizabeth

Dec 25th 2012 new

One observation / comparison I have found worth notong is that there are women from Asian and some
South American countries who have not gone down the so called "progessive" path as fast
or as far as we have. They seem to have grown up with some up the more traditional backgrounds
we used to embrace more prevalently and have a strong devotion to family and faith. Although still well educated, working
and successful, it seems their view of men hasnt been distorted like it has been in the US.
One simple point- I have found they are ~5x more likely to respond to the same message I would send to someone locally even though they may be a half world away. I dont know why- but its the simple truth. Maybe they are just more friendly-maybe they arent running a battery of tests on my social and economical potential.
Overall, social media from the major networks in the last 15 years has been such a major but negative influence on our culture and it just seems to only
get worse and propetuate many of the issued described here such as the 'lose' women (and guys), after all our media has pushed that mentality as Ok for a long time now.

Can someone tell me how we went from Little House and the Waltons to what we have today in what would amount to just over one generation /25 years?

The predominant cultural mindset that is being pushed today defines a lot of why society is where it is,................

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Bob-59786 said: (Quote) Michael-780154 said: Bob, if I found a woman to be sexually "loo...
(Quote) Bob-59786 said:

Quote:
Michael-780154 said:

Bob, if I found a woman to be sexually "loose", I'd certainly have great concerns about her potential as a marriage partner. Sleeping around while married is not the exclusive domain of married men. :-) The ladies do it quite a bit, too, from what I've read.

Michael - our local Catholic Singles Group had a Theology of the Body presentation at our Cathedral about 2 years ago. The Presenter called sexual immoraity "rampant". My large Apt Complex has several cohabitators here. It appears people go thru a series of "friends w/ benefits", and probably unhappier w/ each partner if/ when that ends.

There ARE people (men and women) serious about chastity. Women like that are the only type of woman I'll consider.

--hide--

That is good Michael.

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-83358 said: One observation / comparison I have found worth notong is that there are women from Asian and some<...
(Quote) Jeff-83358 said:

One observation / comparison I have found worth notong is that there are women from Asian and some
South American countries who have not gone down the so called "progessive" path as fast
or as far as we have. They seem to have grown up with some up the more traditional backgrounds
we used to embrace more prevalently and have a strong devotion to family and faith. Although still well educated, working
and successful, it seems their view of men hasnt been distorted like it has been in the US.
One simple point- I have found they are ~5x more likely to respond to the same message I would send to someone locally even though they may be a half world away. I dont know why- but its the simple truth. Maybe they are just more friendly-maybe they arent running a battery of tests on my social and economical potential.
Overall, social media from the major networks in the last 15 years has been such a major but negative influence on our culture and it just seems to only
get worse and propetuate many of the issued described here such as the 'lose' women (and guys), after all our media has pushed that mentality as Ok for a long time now.

Can someone tell me how we went from Little House and the Waltons to what we have today in what would amount to just over one generation /25 years?

The predominant cultural mindset that is being pushed today defines a lot of why society is where it is,................

--hide--

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-83358 said: One observation / comparison I have found worth notong is that there are women from Asian and some<...
(Quote) Jeff-83358 said:

--hide--

While you may feel you have enough of a sample to have made these conclusions, you may be missing someone who is not half a world away. It is a strange thing to conclude that women here all share loose ideology and attitudes that you do not want and it is a shame along with this conclusion you have come to and seem to espouse, that some possibly traditional-minded women are now being branded for being raised in the US? You have to get to know women individually and not profile them according to location or perceived traditional upbringing. Your post may be honest but it shows that you may have a tendency to miss good women who are right here. On the other hand I can see where you got these idea. I would say try people from this site for a while and hopefully you will be pleasantly surprise.

If I am not mistaken the ideas in your post seems to indicate that American women are not traditionally minded enough and are part of the loose culture we abhor. Can you imagine what an American woman feels reading your post?

I have often heard over the years that men from this site would rather go to Mexico to find a bride for similar reasons.

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said: www.wnd.com saw this in th...
(Quote) Kathleen-5781 said:

www.wnd.com

Just saw this in the news...
Any thoughts ... has society changed us women so that men are thinking we don't need them ? Are men confused as to what it is to be a man and women confused as to what it is being a woman? I know it is a big question and we are all unique but I think there may be some truth to this.. Kathleen

Suzanne Venker, a conservative pundit and author of the soon-to-be-published by WND Books“How to Choose a Husband,”has taken her perspectives on men, women and marriage, which she sums up as “The War on Men,” to the women of “The View” on ABC.

Joining Whoopi Goldberg, Joy Behar, Elisabeth Hasselbeck, Sherri Sheppard and guest Mike Tyson on the set of “The View,” the conversation shifted to Venker’s recent FoxNews.com article“The War on Men,”in which she argued that the empowered modern female was turning men off from the idea of marriage.

Sheppard introduced Venker, stating, “Conservative author Suzanne Venker had heads spinning when she claimed that successful women are waging a war on men that has resulted in lazy men who aren’t interested in marriage and angry powerful women who are still playing the victim.”

Tyson, at one time the heavyweight champion of boxing and a convicted rapist, let out a powerful, albeit high-pitched, “Yeah” when Sheppard finished her introduction of Venker.

“I’m asking women to shine a spotlight on what has happened over the past 40 years, with the rise of women. Today’s generation of women are told not depend on a man, what’s happened is that they are carrying it with them into their relationships. It’s more contentious in the relationship,” said Venker.

“Men want to feel needed. Just because we’ve proven we can do anything men can do, doesn’t mean they want to hear it,” said Venker.

“We are teaching women that equality means sameness; if you are trying to be like a man, you’ll end up doing this. If we want lasting love, we should be allowed to have women act with femininity and men with masculinity. ”

Both Goldberg and Behar attacked Venker’s arguments, with Goldberg bringing up the 1950s image of a distressed housewife chained to her kitchen as the type of scenario Venker would like to see return.

Before Venker could even answer, Tyson interjected with a rambling story of his wife at home.

In an interview with WND, Venker said of Tyson’s commentary: “It was very helpful. The things that he did say were good at deflecting what could have been said. Whoopi and Joy were coming in for the kill, and Mike Tyson did a great job of deflecting.”

Venker said it’s not “a political conversation, it’s about marriage and love.”

“I was trying to keep it light so that, one, they’d invite me back and also to be able to deflect. Luckily, Tyson helped deflect the attacks from both Behar and Goldberg.”

Hasselbeck asked Venker asked how men are evolving to deal with empowered women, but before she could answer, the conversation shifted.

Asked by WND to address Hasselbeck’s question, Venker said: “Men don’t need women to be wives anymore. The dating world has changed dramatically, the chase concept, whether you call it courting or demonstrating value to a potential partner and making that really drawn out and worthwhile is gone. Now, it’s like, ‘Hello, let’s have sex.’ When did you believe that men were going to want, or need, to get married when this scenario exists?

“While many women want to get married, do men need to get married anymore when the ‘empowered’ woman allows this situation to continue? That’s how men are evolving,” said Venker.

Venker also took issue with Goldberg castigating the 1950s, telling WND: “I take issue that 1950s housewives were a mess … that every woman from that era is a caricature of June Cleaver. You’re basically talking about your mothers and grandmothers. Women are basically saying their mothers and grandmothers lives were a joke.

“I take issue that this time period was the worst time of being a mother. It’s a script that women were sold on, that being a housewife in the 1950s was oppressive. I don’t agree with that all,” she said.

Venker’s book,“How to Choose a Husband,”will be published Feb. 5, 2013.

In it, Venker notes that 40 years after the sexual revolution women of America have everything they want. Everything, that is, except a husband. Women may be schooled in the art of sex, she says, but they have failed in the art of love.

She says the modern generation is living in a culture that isn’t the least bit interested in helping them get hitched. For decades women have been taught to sleep around indiscriminately, to pursue an education and career at all costs, and to never depend on a man.

As a result, women delay marriage indefinitely or ignore it altogether, as though marriage has no bearing on their happiness. As though it were a nice idea, or nice accompaniment to an otherwise satisfying life.

This is an unprecedented worldview. Until recently, women have always mapped out their lives according to what they considered their most important role: wife and mother. Today, women plan their entire futures around big careers. Husband and children come last.

In“How to Choose a Husband,”Venker says American women need a detox.

If they want to be happy, or just plain satisfied, they must do a 180 when it comes to their attitude toward sex, courtship and married life.

If they do, marriageable men will reappear – and women will find the love that eludes them.

Venker’s previous book,“The Flipside of Feminism,”earned high praise from Focus on the Family founder James Dobson.

“Certain moments happen in all our lives that seem to be of incredible import. I would venture to say this could be one of those moments,” Dobson said as the authors of “The Flipside of Feminism,” Venker and Phyllis Schlafly, joined him on his program, “FamilyTalk.”

The book explains that since the 1960s, American feminists have set themselves up as the arbiters of all things female. Their policies have dominated the social and political landscape. The “spin sisters” in the media and their cohorts in academia are committed feminists. Consequently, everything Americans know – or think they know – about marriage, kids, sex, education, politics, gender roles and the work-family balance has been filtered through a left-wing lens.

But the book asserts that it is conservative women who actually are “in the best position to empower American women.”

Read more at www.wnd.com

--hide--

It is an excellent topic. One that needs much more discussion and even resolution, and one that needs to come out of the closet so people will hopefully find someone to marry in spite of these cultural trends that have kind of knocked us flat and almost whisked romantic love out of our social discourse.

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said: Radical feminists, like we see on “The View”, are living proof ...
(Quote) Elizabeth-462557 said:

Radical feminists, like we see on “The View”, are living proof that women need men. It is very easy to see what life without men has produced in these females. A balanced, loving relationship between a man and a woman when united by God is much like a beautiful dance. Men lead while they watch to take cues from the woman they love, looking out for her needs even before she has them and anticipating her desires. Women on the other hand, can peacefully trust in the fact that the man she loves will protect them from danger and guide them to the joy of the movements of life. In this dance, they move as one body often oblivious of the others on the dance floor.

While some may judge harshly the dance between the man and woman who are united in God, I suspect it may be more from frustration caused by the lack of love in their own lives.

Our faith has always provided guidance on the issues between a man and a woman. In my opinion, the problems discussed in this article are caused because some choose to be guided by secularism rather than our faith. Good men and woman can be found. Our churches and CM are full of them. I suggest we pay more attention to the dance God has given us and less attention to the sad, caustic prunes that have chosen to cut themselves off from the music of life.

- Elizabeth

--hide--

Beautifully Stated Elizabeth.

Dec 25th 2012 new

(Quote) Jeff-83358 said:

--hide--

Satan is roaming around like a roaring lion seeking to devour souls. But we are a people of Hope. Let's not let the media and American culture ruin what a good Catholic family should be. We know as Catholics God is the center and children are His blessings to be cherished and nurtured in the faith. Keep spreading the Love of Christ to the young ones and pray they are shielded from the culture's evil.

Blessings this Christmas as we celebrate the Birth of Jesus. May He truly bless us.

Kathleen Praying rosary theheart

Dec 25th 2012 new
One of the most difficult things I find in most women in my generation has been meeting ones who grew up with both a mother and a father. Feminism has destroyed what it means to be a man and a woman in a stable relationship.
Dec 25th 2012 new

If a woman's way of life is described as sexually "loose" then I agree, she is not marriage material. But I also believe that a man who lifestyle is described as sexually "loose" or as previously described as "experienced' is not marriage material either. It is both women and men that should be chaste.

And as for women not needing men, I think that is true. I am 53 and very independent. I tend to take care of things when they need fixed, if I can't fix it, then I hire someone. I feel empowered and strong when I attempt a task that is meant for a man. But yes, I would love to have a man in my life. Someone to grow in faith, share our love of our Lord and worship. To support and be there when we need it. But as to needing, I don't, but I "do want" a man in my life.

Posts 21 - 30 of 196