Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free
A place to learn, mingle, and share

This room is for the discussion of current events,cultural issues and politics especially in relation to Catholic values.

Saint Thomas More was martyred during the Protestant Reformation for standing firm in the Faith and not recognizing the King of England as the Supreme Head of the Church.
Learn More:Saint Thomas More

I'm beginning the think the Pope is becoming a bit more feisty. Here's a quote that requires some deep thought.

"The manipulation of nature, which we deplore today where our environment is concerned, now becomes man's fundamental choice where he himself is concerned."

Does anyone else get the feeling that this was...a Pope slap?!?....right between eyes of the greenies, peace advocates and gays at the same time?

news.yahoo.com

Dec 23rd 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: I'm beginning the think the Pope is becoming a bit more feisty. Here's a quote that requi...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

I'm beginning the think the Pope is becoming a bit more feisty. Here's a quote that requires some deep thought.

"The manipulation of nature, which we deplore today where our environment is concerned, now becomes man's fundamental choice where he himself is concerned."

Does anyone else get the feeling that this was...a Pope slap?!?....right between eyes of the greenies, peace advocates and gays at the same time?

news.yahoo.com

--hide--

Brian, when you hinted that he was refering to gay marriage, that makes a lot of sense. He points out the irony of today's
thought process. And the Pope is right. That was a simple and easy way to explain it.

Dec 24th 2012 new

(Quote) Marianne-100218 said: Brian, when you hinted that he was refering to gay marriage, that makes a lot of sense...
(Quote) Marianne-100218 said:

Brian, when you hinted that he was refering to gay marriage, that makes a lot of sense. He points out the irony of today's
thought process. And the Pope is right. That was a simple and easy way to explain it.

--hide--

I thought so too.

Dec 26th 2012 new

(Quote) Brian-699857 said: I'm beginning the think the Pope is becoming a bit more feisty. Here's a quote that requi...
(Quote) Brian-699857 said:

news.yahoo.com

--hide--

Is it?

The manipulation of nature sounds more like a slap at Monsanto and the makers of GMO "frankenfoods" and now "frankenfish."

Posts 1 - 4 of 4