Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

List?

12/26/2012 new

I have been on here and other dating websites and seems most ladies my age have a list of what they. I tend not to fit into their list as I am starting a business and live at home after finishing school last year.

Personally this why I have found it better to date older woman who are just looking for a nice guy.

I am wondering if this is just me or do other singles find that a lot of people have a list. If God is in control it is pointless for us to have a list.

12/26/2012 new

Some of us do have nonnegotiables. Smoking is a dealbreaker for me, as is someone who drinks to excess.

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Some of us do have nonnegotiables. Smoking is a dealbreaker for me, as is someone who drinks to exc...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

Some of us do have nonnegotiables. Smoking is a dealbreaker for me, as is someone who drinks to excess.

--hide--

I would agree with Carl, that there are non-negotiables and I think we all have them. I think some lists can be excessive and in that way, it's not letting God take control, but having some kind of a list is always there in my opinion, because you have values yourself that you want to honor and the person you're with to honor as well. Otherwise you'd date just about anybody and I know I wouldn't want to do that.

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: I would agree with Carl, that there are non-negotiables and I think we all have them. I...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

I would agree with Carl, that there are non-negotiables and I think we all have them. I think some lists can be excessive and in that way, it's not letting God take control, but having some kind of a list is always there in my opinion, because you have values yourself that you want to honor and the person you're with to honor as well. Otherwise you'd date just about anybody and I know I wouldn't want to do that.

--hide--

Yes, "non-negotiables" sounds better. wink It's mostly the moral stuff anyways. That should be a given.

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: Yes, "non-negotiables" sounds better. It's mostly the moral st...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

Yes, "non-negotiables" sounds better. It's mostly the moral stuff anyways. That should be a given.

--hide--

Right. Exactly. It's about the morals. Although, I do have a small list of do nots, like Saints fans and southerners. tongue laughing

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Dan-656122 said: Right. Exactly. It's about the morals. Although, I do have a small list of do nots,...
(Quote) Dan-656122 said:

Right. Exactly. It's about the morals. Although, I do have a small list of do nots, like Saints fans and southerners.

--hide--

laughing You WISH you had a chance with me, Danimal! wink

I'm totally kidding. My ego is not that big.

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Chris-921139 said: I have been on here and other dating websites and seems most ladies my age have a list of what th...
(Quote) Chris-921139 said:

I have been on here and other dating websites and seems most ladies my age have a list of what they. I tend not to fit into their list as I am starting a business and live at home after finishing school last year.

Personally this why I have found it better to date older woman who are just looking for a nice guy.

I am wondering if this is just me or do other singles find that a lot of people have a list. If God is in control it is pointless for us to have a list.

--hide--
There are some people who seem to have a checklist, which, in reality isn't a good way to conduct a search. Certainly there are minimum requirements that must be met, but beyond that, when it comes down to personal preferences, and likes versus dislikes, we stand a better chance being open. It's surprising how we start out thinking about an ideal mate and have certain qualities in mind. Many end up with just the opposite and have a vibrant, interesting, and long-lasting marriage.

The fussier we are, the worse are our chances. Is it really important to find someone within a year of our own age? A blonde? Someone with blue eyes? We can be as choosy as we want to be -- it's our right to do so; but the pickier we are, the more we forfeit our right to complain about not being able to find "the right one".

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Tara-916865 said: You WISH you had a chance with me, Danimal! I'm tot...
(Quote) Tara-916865 said:

You WISH you had a chance with me, Danimal!

I'm totally kidding. My ego is not that big.

--hide--

Danimal......I've been called worse. laughing Actually, I've never been called that before, but I like it. *l* Being a Danimal means I'm faithful, I slobber, I need to be walked, and generally can't be brought to restaraunts. laughing

12/26/2012 new

(Quote) Carl-98335 said: Some of us do have nonnegotiables. Smoking is a dealbreaker for me, as is someone who drinks to exc...
(Quote) Carl-98335 said:

--hide--
I agree with you Carl, smoking and excessive drinking and people with unresolved anger issues are all
deal breakers for me.

12/27/2012 new

Why make checklists? Doesn't that take away from the surprise of the present? laughing laughing laughing

Of course with that said... I would add pressure to do things physically that one is not comfortable with given the non-married state of a relationship is a deal-breaker for me....

Posts 1 - 10 of 76