Faith Focused Dating. Create your Free Profile and meet your Match! Sign Up for Free

info: Please Sign Up or Sign In to continue.

A place to learn, mingle, and share

Discussion related to living as a Catholic in the single state of life. As long as a topic is being discussed from the perspective of a single Catholic then it will be on-topic.

Tobias and Sarah's story is from the Book of Tobit, and his journey is guided by Saint Raphael.
Learn More: Tobias & Sarah as led by Saint Raphael

Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to meet someone who shares my Faith and values. But I seem to have difficulty finding people who are interested in me on here. Yet in the "real world" I don't have this problem - but am not finding people with my same Faith and values. I sometimes wonder if it is problematic to have my age posted as one of the first pieces of information a person sees. I don't think I look as old as I am, and don't wear a sign that states my age when I walk down the street. My feeling is that most of the men my age or a little older are looking for much younger women. Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

12/27/2012 new
Welcome.

You will find an electric crowd here. I wouldn't worry about the age difference at the moment. You will find someone soon!

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to me...
(Quote) Kristen-878108 said:

Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I wanted to meet someone who shares my Faith and values. But I seem to have difficulty finding people who are interested in me on here. Yet in the "real world" I don't have this problem - but am not finding people with my same Faith and values. I sometimes wonder if it is problematic to have my age posted as one of the first pieces of information a person sees. I don't think I look as old as I am, and don't wear a sign that states my age when I walk down the street. My feeling is that most of the men my age or a little older are looking for much younger women. Is this a fair generalization to deduce?

--hide--
12/27/2012 new

you crack me up! very clever pic,"this is me wondering if you're gonna call" LOL!laughing

yep, its been a bit challenging on here, I will admit, been on for now almost 6mos, 2nd time around.

Have fun w/it, see what happens :)

cool you seem like so much fun!

12/27/2012 new

Thanks for the encouragement Rebecca! Good to know that I might be in for the long haul! eyepopping Good luck to you!

12/27/2012 new
Well. Anyone who like Shaggy... LOL!

(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said: you crack me up! very clever pic,"this is me wondering if you're gonna call" LOL! yep, ...
(Quote) Rebecca-767861 said:

you crack me up! very clever pic,"this is me wondering if you're gonna call" LOL!

yep, its been a bit challenging on here, I will admit, been on for now almost 6mos, 2nd time around.

Have fun w/it, see what happens :)

you seem like so much fun!

--hide--
12/27/2012 new
Yes go for it!

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Thanks for the encouragement Rebecca! Good to know that I might be in for the long haul! Good luck to y...

Thanks for the encouragement Rebecca! Good to know that I might be in for the long haul! Good luck to you!

--hide--
12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I...

--hide--

I do think that the age next to our name definitely gets in the way. That has been my experience.

12/27/2012 new

(Quote) Kristen-878108 said: Sometimes I question if this is really the best environment for meeting men. I joined because I...

--hide--

Yes, men in their 40's are interested in women in their 40's...

12/27/2012 new

--hide--
Just from my observation on here, it seems a number of guys are looking for younger women- some quite a bit younger. They seem to be living in a fantasy world. My (late ex) wife was 2 months older. I only date women around my own age- I may be old, but I'm not an old fool!

Having been a photographer for many years, I'm critical of profile pictures which can stop someone from checking them out, and sometimes make technical suggestions. Nothing to criticize with yours, so that's not a factor.

Blessings and good luck. crossfingers

12/27/2012 new

I just read a profile of a guy who sounded great but then I saw his requirements for a woman -- he was 49 and looking only for women in their twenties or early thirties -- seriously???

Like they say men who are looking for women looking like Victoria's Secret babes ought to at least look like GQ guys!

Posts 1 - 10 of 200